Coronavirus

faraway saint

20 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Getting my first Covid vaccine shot on Tuesday, 2nd one on 20th January 👍🏻

(translation for Shull &co) Getting my first shot of micro robots on Tuesday, 2nd one after the new world order has taken over. 

You should have a night out to celebrate.

Drinks, Meal, Theatre , etc.

enjoy

Dinnae forget your mask.

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

On the contrary, it’s in the interests of the governments to inflate the death tolls due to covid in order to justify their reaction since the Spring.

Someone goes into hospital with severe respiratory illness and are put in ICU.

They test negative. They are repeatedly tested and then test positive the day before they die. 

Down it goes as a covid death.

A care home worker gets tested regularly. They test positive. They die in a car crash 2 weeks later. As they tested positive within 28 days then it’s a covid death.

The gold standard is excess deaths. The current level of excess deaths do not support the assertion that there is a deadly virus in the loose. On the contrary, they support the assertion that people are dying as a result of lockdown restrictions.

The epidemic was over in May and lockdown came way too late to have made any difference. Indeed, the experience of South America and the southern US states, where they locked down at the same time but didn’t peak until months later, show that lockdowns probably don’t work anyway. 

Perhaps you should look at a certificate of cause of death and the guidance for completing it.

The Medical Certificate of the Cause of Death

The Medical Certificate of the Cause of Death (MCCD) is completed by a registered medical practitioner. It has two parts:

Part 1

This should show the immediate cause of death, and then work back in time to the disease or condition that started the process. It should therefore identify:

• the disease or condition that led directly to the death;
  • any antecedent or intermediate causes of that disease or condition (this is which occurred earlier in the chain of events that led to the death); and, eventually, going back to -
  • the underlying cause of death - this is defined (on pages 33-34 of Volume 2 of the International Standard Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems) as:
    ‘(a) the disease or injury which initiated the chain of morbid events leading directly to death or (b) the circumstances of the accident or violence which produced the fatal injury’.

For example:

• the disease or condition that led directly to death might be a compound fracture of the skull or a ruptured liver;
  • whereas the underlying cause of death might be a gunshot wound, or being injured in a road accident.

Part 2

This can be used to record other significant diseases, conditions or accidents which contributed to the occurrence of the death, but were not part of the main sequence leading to the death. However, Part 2 should not be used to list all the conditions that were present at death.

For example:

• a person with diabetes who died of lung cancer might have died sooner than would have been the case if he/she did not have diabetes - if so, diabetes should be recorded as contributing to the death; but
  • if the person also had osteoarthritis, it is unlikely that it would have contributed to the death, so it should not be mentioned in Part 2.   

In the case of the care worker crash victim the Covid diagnosis would not even be mentioned on the certificate.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Mystic Meg reincarnated. (She is dead, right? )

Once again it's not hard to predict, all the medical experts have called for the Christmas relaxation of restrictions to be scrapped - people are gonna die prematurely just so politicians can be spared the embarrassment of a climbdown.

IMO - the Welsh government has called it right.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Once again it's not hard to predict, all the medical experts have called for the Christmas relaxation of restrictions to be scrapped - people are gonna die prematurely just so politicians can be spared the embarrassment of a climbdown.

IMO - the Welsh government has called it right.

You HONESTLY believe that people, who have been doing what they want for quite some time, would have changed their Christmas plans? :lol:

Dear oh dear, have a wee chat with the tooth fairy, she'll dish out a dose of realism......................oh wait. :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You HONESTLY believe that people, who have been doing what they want for quite some time, would have changed their Christmas plans? :lol:

Dear oh dear, have a wee chat with the tooth fairy, she'll dish out a dose of realism......................oh wait. :rolleyes:

I believe people will only go so far beyond whatever the rules are so if you tighten those rules most people will modify their plans and even if many still go beyond the amended rules these will still be stricter and the consequences won't be as bad.

With no rule changes I expect many gammonistas will ignore the advice to be careful and go for a free for all this Christmas and the governments (Holyrood & especially Westminster) will be blaming the public for the rise in cases in the New Year when as I've said before the buck should stop at the top - with Boris & Nicola.

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

https://www.historyscotland.com/scottish-nostalgia/a-wartime-christmas-in-scotland/

Doesn't sound too much different to me and this is well before 1960

Big shops with meagre displays starting up the commercial Xmas industry in an untouched market still recovering from the war and rationing.  Not the weepy faux-family shite it has become - and, as Waldorf says, it was usually just a normal working day.

As I’ve said before, it took till my first Xmas in London, Dec 1971. Before I was forced to take a day off - for that!

Big shops with meagre displays starting up the commercial Xmas industry in an untouched market still recovering from the war and rationing.  Not the weepy faux-family shite it has become - and, as Waldorf says, it was usually just a normal working day.
As I’ve said before, it took till my first Xmas in London, Dec 1971. Before I was forced to take a day off - for that!
I hate Xmas, but I do like the 10 days off work that don't come out of my holiday allowance. [emoji16]

15 hours ago, Yflab said:

No the German, Dutch and Czech governments have called it right.

Probably but the Welsh are going into Lockdown3 on the 28th and there are hints now that Scotland might follow suit shortly.

Breaking Bad news - Wales have just found another 10.000 positive test results from last week tucked underneath the First Minister's couch. :o

Probably but the Welsh are going into Lockdown3 on the 28th and there are hints now that Scotland might follow suit shortly.
Breaking Bad news - Wales have just found another 10.000 positive test results from last week tucked underneath the First Minister's couch. [emoji33]

With Sunaks furlough extension it looks like a March style lockdown after New Year through to next Spring is in the air unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
Breaking Bad news - Wales have just found another 10.000 positive test results from last week tucked underneath the First Minister's couch. emoji33.png

With Sunaks furlough extension it looks like a March style lockdown after New Year through to next Spring is in the air unfortunately.

It wouldn't surprise me, in fact nothing really surprises me anymore.

The last 9 months have been very wearing and I can imagine many people are at their wits end for all sorts of reasons.

What a fecking year.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
Breaking Bad news - Wales have just found another 10.000 positive test results from last week tucked underneath the First Minister's couch. emoji33.png

Yup NI appears to be going into a 6 week lockdown from Dec 26.

Non-essential shops in NI will close from the end of trading on Christmas Eve for six weeks, it is understood.

Ministers agred the new lockdown will be imposed from 26 December, in a bid to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Yflab said:

When is a lockdown not a lockdown? 

Diet Lockdown vs Full Bhoona Lockdown.

It’s obviously serious enough to announce it to start on Boxing Day. After all the Corona will be putting its feet up on Christmas Day while all the little human elves do the dirty work.

It's more like one of them circuit breakers, a half hearted lockdown, mainly hitting the hospitality sector and retail.

The rest will be asked to work on. 

Speaking of diets, bet that 's the next craze after this fecking year when many will have been talking solace in chocolate. :lol:

It's more like one of them circuit breakers, a half hearted lockdown, mainly hitting the hospitality sector and retail.
Speaking of diets, bet that 's the next craze after this fecking year when many will have been talking solace in chocolate. [emoji38]
Too right, working from home and dark nights plus an ongoing medical "issue" have not been a good combo. Was at Ayr Hospital yesterday to see a consultant ahead of an operation god knows when but they did bloods and vitals, thought the weight display was wrong. 7kg heavier than my last hospital check just over 18 months ago. Nearly all that has been gained since March ! Definitely getting off the pies after Christmas

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Speaking of diets, bet that 's the next craze after this fecking year when many will have been talking solace in chocolate. emoji38.png

Too right, working from home and dark nights plus an ongoing medical "issue" have not been a good combo. Was at Ayr Hospital yesterday to see a consultant ahead of an operation god knows when but they did bloods and vitals, thought the weight display was wrong. 7kg heavier than my last hospital check just over 18 months ago. Nearly all that has been gained since March ! Definitely getting off the pies after Christmas

Have a cracking Christmas fatty. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me, in fact nothing really surprises me anymore.
The last 9 months have been very wearing and I can imagine many people are at their wits end for all sorts of reasons.
What a fecking year.
There's a vaccination calculator that estimates when the likelihood is of when you'll get your shots.

June [emoji24]

Back in the real pandemic in the Spring, the age 85+ category led the excess deaths

Now, the 15-64 age category lead the excess deaths last week while the age 85+ category lags behind.

Its clearly not covid that is causing excess deaths.

And of covid it not causing excess deaths then their is no pandemic.

But governments need to label as many deaths as covid as they can otherwise it will become clear that it’s the lockdowns that are killing people.

D72D32A4-813B-41D6-BBDD-963B2BECC966.png

Edited by Sue Denim