Coronavirus

faraway saint

Little Christmas puzzle y'all out there - how many mistakes can you spot in this report?

Covid-19 cases have risen in the last week in England, Scotland and Wales, with an estimated 660,000 infections across the UK between 6-12 December.

In England, the rise was driven by sharp increases in London, as well as rises in the South East and East Midlands.

But the proportion of people testing positive in the North West and Yorkshire has continued to fall.

Roughly one in every 95 people had the virus across Britain.

Last week's figures suggested about 560,000 people had the virus across the UK - one in 115 people in England, one in 120 in Scotland, one in 175 in Wales and one in 235 in Northern Ireland.

Covid cases are broadly stable in Northern Ireland with about one in every 215 people testing positive, according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) estimates.

I can see 2 contradictions and 1 outright error so bad I would expect even an army recruit with a reading age of 5 to be able to spot in between administering lateral flow tests for the virus....

....and to think we can have even more fun when we go into Lockdown3.

PS @Russian Saint the correct figure for Covid deaths in Scotland is now over 6,000.

The number of coronavirus deaths in Scotland has passed the 6,000 mark, according to latest figures.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) statistics show there were 224 deaths where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate between December 7 and 13, a decrease of eight from the previous week.

As of Sunday, a total of 6,092 such deaths had been registered in Scotland.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Another cracking article from the genuinely left wing Architects for Social Housing on how the woke middle class leftie intelligentsia have pushed the lockdown and restrictions, doing the dirty work of their Tory masters and big Pharma. 

https://architectsforsocialhousing.co.uk/2020/11/12/the-betrayal-of-the-clerks-uk-intellectuals-in-the-service-of-the-biosecurity-state/

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I think we are all in agreement of the shameful acts of the Tory's and mismanagement regarding PPE contracts and other aspects of this pandemic. The article is very good on that point. 

I was only pointing out Andy trying to correlate that to apparent overinflating deaths is baseless. I see little to no evidence that deaths by Covid are being inflated (while recognising the limitations in any reasonable reporting methods). I think evidence points to the opposite, not sure if you agree or not

The Universe must be tilting a little.

I fear I am in agreement with the @bazil85  :unsure:

Little Christmas puzzle y'all out there - how many mistakes can you spot in this report?

Covid-19 cases have risen in the last week in England, Scotland and Wales, with an estimated 660,000 infections across the UK between 6-12 December.

In England, the rise was driven by sharp increases in London, as well as rises in the South East and East Midlands.

But the proportion of people testing positive in the North West and Yorkshire has continued to fall.

Last week's figures suggested about 560,000 people had the virus across the UK - one in 115 people in England, one in 120 in Scotland, one in 175 in Wales and one in 235 in Northern Ireland.

Covid cases are broadly stable in Northern Ireland with about one in every 215 people testing positive, according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) estimates.

I can see 2 contradictions and 1 outright error so bad I would expect even an army recruit with a reading age of 5 to be able to spot in between administering lateral flow tests for the virus....
PS [mention=7598]Russian Saint[/mention] the correct figure for Covid deaths in Scotland is now over 6,000.

The number of coronavirus deaths in Scotland has passed the 6,000 mark, according to latest figures.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) statistics show there were 224 deaths where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate between December 7 and 13, a decrease of eight from the previous week.

If it was from the BBC, I see they've edited a lot of it. [emoji6]

PS [mention=7598]Russian Saint[/mention] the correct figure for Covid deaths in Scotland is now over 6,000.

6000. That’s the equivalent of a Saints home game against Celtic or SEVCO. It’s still a drop in the ocean considering it’s over a near 10 month period (if not more) out of the 5.something population, wouldn’t you agree?
Plus. How many actually died directly from COVID is what we’re not being told.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He'll say it's a blatant lie, he loves the bigger numbers. 

image.thumb.png.099573bc8aa64c552aab37b97bb94f37.png

No I don't I'll refer you once again to Gabe

Prof Gabriel Scally, president of epidemiology and public health at the Royal Society of Medicine, said the government’s figures, while not giving the complete picture of deaths, acted as a “sentinel system” for the impact of the disease.

“The purpose of it is to act as a sort of monitoring tool so you can see trends against exactly the same data which is very easily computed data,” he said. “It gives you a number where you can watch it speeding up, slowing down, so it’s very good for monitoring trends.

“If you want to know the actual number of deaths, well then you have to go to death certification, which is really the best data.”

....and once again I'll ask you what makes you think 51,000GPs, the NRS, ONS and scientists like Gabe have to distort the truth - I've asked you often enough and all you can say is the figures are different. Of course they are but one is a cheap and cheerful indicator of the trends and one is an accurate record of "the actual number of deaths" - it's not hard to tell which is which!

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

6000. That’s the equivalent of a Saints home game against Celtic or SEVCO. It’s still a drop in the ocean considering it’s over a near 10 month period (if not more) out of the 5.something population, wouldn’t you agree?
Plus. How many actually died directly from COVID is what we’re not being told.

No I wouldn't say 6,000 is a drop in the ocean especially as this number has only been achieved by one national lockdown, a second near lockdown for much of the population and unprecedented restrictions on the same population. and the likelihood is we'll still have to go into a third lockdown in the New Year.

The actual number of Covid deaths in Scotland is 6092 as of Sunday 13th . We're being told, some of us are just not listening. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not according to the Scottish Government.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

“Since the start of the outbreak:

4,239 ​​​​people have died who have tested positive
6,092 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 13 December”

1 minute ago, Russian Saint said:

Not according to the Scottish Government.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

“Since the start of the outbreak:

4,239 people have died who have tested positive
6,092 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 13 December”

As I've quoted many times these are not the most accurate figures, the Scottish government has 1853 (and rising) reasons for choosing the lower total but what reason do our GPs and the NRS have for making up their figure?

Prof Gabriel Scally, president of epidemiology and public health at the Royal Society of Medicine, said the government’s figures, while not giving the complete picture of deaths, acted as a “sentinel system” for the impact of the disease.

“The purpose of it is to act as a sort of monitoring tool so you can see trends against exactly the same data which is very easily computed data,” he said. “It gives you a number where you can watch it speeding up, slowing down, so it’s very good for monitoring trends.

“If you want to know the actual number of deaths, well then you have to go to death certification, which is really the best data.”

You claim to be sceptical but all I can see is another gammonista with his head in the sand.

22 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

....and once again I'll ask you what makes you think 51,000GPs, the NRS, ONS and scientists like Gabe have to distort the truth - I've asked you often enough and all you can say is the figures are different. Of course they are but one is a cheap and cheerful indicator of the trends and one is an accurate record of "the actual number of deaths" - it's not hard to tell which is which!

Yes you do.

You can bet your house that if the Worldometer and UK Coronavirus Tracker figures were MORE than your preferred choice they you would not be copying/pasting them, your tedious 51,000 GPs etc :snore, at the rate you currently do.

Why...................obviously to feed your never ending agenda against the UK government, with a few tokenism mentions of the Scottish government. 

Once again, no one is lying, it's a different measurement, but you know that. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Yes you do.

You can bet your house that if the Worldometer and UK Coronavirus Tracker figures were MORE than your preferred choice they you would not be copying/pasting them, your tedious 51,000 GPs etc :snore, at the rate you currently do.

Why...................obviously to feed your never ending agenda against the UK government, with a few tokenism mentions of the Scottish government. 

Once again, no one is lying, it's a different measurement, but you know that. 

The "worldometer" that accurate count where China has listed 2 Covid deaths since mid-April! 

I refer you again as to why 51,000 GPs and the statistical bodies would produce inaccurate data - you never answer this because their is no rational answer.

So one again I'll leave you wi Gabe...

You claim to be sceptical but all I can see is another gammonista with his head in the sand.

“Gammonista”, “Gammonites” seem to be two of your favourite descriptions for those that disagree with you [emoji848]

I did the wee googly thing to find this.

“Gammon. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe either those on the political right or those who supported Brexit”

So does that make me a right wing, brexiteer? What the hell, why not add racist in there for good measure [emoji6]

I thought this was a COVID thread 🤷🏼‍♂️

“Gammonista”, “Gammonites” seem to be two of your favourite descriptions for those that disagree with you [emoji848]
I did the wee googly thing to find this.

“Gammon. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe either those on the political right or those who supported Brexit”

So does that make me a right wing, brexiteer? What the hell, why not add racist in there for good measure [emoji6]

I thought this was a COVID thread [emoji2373]
There's also this

"There is considerable debate over whether, due to its origins as a reference to skin color, the term is racist."

so maybe some would say it is him that is being racist. I'm not saying that, but some might.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I see you are still obsessed with this strawman argument that you have concocted that NHS doctors are lying or distorting figures.

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The "worldometer" that accurate count where China has listed 2 Covid deaths since mid-April! 

I refer you again as to why 51,000 GPs and the statistical bodies would produce inaccurate data - you never answer this because their is no rational answer.

So one again I'll leave you wi Gabe...

^^^^^ Shull 2, king of copy/paste and tedious posts. 

Shows you've long run out of ideas and are running on empty.