Coronavirus

faraway saint

Great stuff from the BBC

Pressure on hospitals 'at a really dangerous point'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55362681

Article tells us

“Nearly 90% of hospital beds in England are full as hospitals try to cope with the demands of Covid in addition to normal winter pressures.”

And then further into the article we get the truth

“This is the highest occupancy rate so far this year - it's still lower than the same time last year,

So the real story is that there is less pressure on the NHS currently than usual and they have managed to turn it into a dangerous point?

It doesn’t help that hospitals have removed 9% of beds for social distancing. Yet, even then, hospital % occupancy is still lower than last year. 

And all for a pandemic that ended in May

Total lunacy 

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I've quoted many times these are not the most accurate figures, the Scottish government has 1853 (and rising) reasons for choosing the lower total but what reason do our GPs and the NRS have for making up their figure?

You claim to be sceptical but all I can see is another gammonista with his head in the sand.

If the the number of covid deaths are accurate then the number of deaths from other causes are at record lows.

At a time of restricted access to the NHS.

First graph shows covid deaths, second graph shows overall mortality from the ONS.

Covid deaths are overinflated. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

8D27F577-CF24-4353-ACC2-011E179BD881.jpeg

6C277AB7-F533-449C-A5DB-46E23217091C.jpeg

For most of 2020, mortality has been below normal. 

And the actual pandemic, back in the spring, peaked at the same level as the bad flu season of 99/00.

Notice how the bad flu season fell away after winter without lockdowns and restrictions. That’s what happens when herd immunity is reached and a pandemic ends. 

33ABE804-4A3B-47AA-B6D1-803784DF7B2C.jpeg

4 hours ago, Slarti said:

There's also this

"There is considerable debate over whether, due to its origins as a reference to skin color, the term is racist."

so maybe some would say it is him that is being racist. I'm not saying that, but some might.

I’m smelling shite...

...being stirred...

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I've quoted many times these are not the most accurate figures, the Scottish government has 1853 (and rising) reasons for choosing the lower total but what reason do our GPs and the NRS have for making up their figure?

You claim to be sceptical but all I can see is another gammonista with his head in the sand.

The care home carnage gives an indication of why covid on a death certificate cannot be trusted 

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4733

When I read your posts, all I see is someone who used to question everything those in power told him but now unquestioningly believes everything those in authority tells him.

Its easy to understand how authoritarian tyrannies can come to power.....

Edited by Sue Denim

A study from Spain in 2017 that highlights what would happen if we started testing for any or all viruses....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6038767/

During the 2016–17 influenza season in Spain, we tested specimens from 57 elderly deceased persons for respiratory viruses. Influenza viruses were detected in 18% of the specimens and any respiratory virus in 47%. Only 7% of participants had received a diagnosis of infection with the detected virus before death.

From the middle class leftie Guardian back at the start of February 

China's reaction to the coronavirus outbreak violates human rights

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/02/chinas-reaction-to-the-coronavirus-outbreak-violates-human-rights

It’s been an incredible turnaround from the middle class woke 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Was out for a meal tonight, place was jam packed.

No reduction in covers, the owner wandering about with no mask.

Oh aye, and I'm banging on about the disproportionate restrictions on hospitality.

Give me strength. 

And yet you decided to stay anyway. 🤣

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

And yet you decided to stay anyway. 🤣

FYI we cut our visit short, no 2nd course, no 2nd drink, no coffee etc, politely left and won't be back, even after this mess is over.

I have some principles, unlike you who allows your customers not to wear a mask which, no doubt, will see you flaunting other rules while bemoaning the restrictions. 

Ironic. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

FYI we cut our visit short, no 2nd course, no 2nd drink, no coffee etc, politely left and won't be back, even after this mess is over.

I have some principles, unlike you who allows your customers not to wear a mask which, no doubt, will see you flaunting other rules while bemoaning the restrictions. 

Ironic. 

Oh, as a footnote, there's a Hotel/restaurant in Carnoustie who carried out some checks on people who had booked a table.

When they found out they were from Dundee they were contacted and politely informed their booking was cancelled. :lol:

That's a strong message and I hope it pays dividends for them long term.

Not every business has the balls to do that, well done them. :thumbs2

11 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The PCR pseudo epidemic explained by the former chief medical officer at Pfizer 

https://lockdownsceptics.org/the-pcr-false-positive-pseudo-epidemic/

I read this link.

nearly 3 weeks behind the (death) curve and hopelessly holed below the waterline.  
An impressive amount of words.

An argument utterly unravelled by the passing of a couple of weeks.  That may explain why he’s the former CMO of Pfizer.

12 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Lockdown may cause 200,000 extra deaths according to the government report 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/impact-uk-coronavirus-lockdown-cause-22382184

Working class deaths

The middle class lockdown left’s virtue

It’s mind-boggling that when we have a cabal of Etonistas running the country, pushing through a right-wing nationalist agenda that any erstwhile sensible person would attempt to pin the carnage on the Left.

🤣

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ironic. 

But you stayed.

So stop whining.

There seems to be discussions going on with all the home nations, with announcements coming later today.

IF they change the plans that are in place for Christmas at this late date there will be utter chaos.

There's enough lunatics screaming about their civil liberty already, if this was to happen there would, IMO, be a massive loss of public support.