Coronavirus

faraway saint

Essentially, we’re asking poor people to sacrifice their income and years off their lives to help old people, who are already older than they’ll live to, live a few months longer.
And all for the virtue of the middle class left 

Posts like this send a chill down my spine. Terrifying how common this view has become.

‘They’re old and they’ll die soon anyway’

f**king hell.

8 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Essentially, we’re asking poor people to sacrifice their income and years off their lives to help old people, who are already older than they’ll live to, live a few months longer.

And all for the virtue of the middle class left 

I think you make some good points - the impact of restrictions disproportionately affects the working class, and their targetting of the vaccine is very strange, giving it to 90 year olds first and asking those with underlying health  conditions or are a bit younger to wait, despite the benefits of the vaccine for those groups being much greater.

However, can you please stop blaming the "middle class left"? At WM we have one of the most right wing governments in history. In Scotland, we have nationalists in charge who are shedding any pretence of being "left" by the day. Its an entirely false narrative.

Edited by Hendo

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Here are Scotlands numbers yet the Scottish government have shat the bed and pushed the panic button again................................

I mean, level 4 across the board, absolute bonkers.

image.png.ba3d1617100c1287d99d16052633d7da.png

Would seem so. The whole thing is going mad, I don't think they can do right for doing wrong. I really do feel for a  business that had really tried and spent big money to be able to operate only to be closed every few weeks, it's not them that's the problem its  sheer stupidity of people knowingly putting themselves at risk going into crowded areas. Just seen the chaos of London rail stations now on bbc news and perfect example if this. Living in an already tier 3 area all crowded together and going to disperse all over country taking their covid loves with them. Fabulous 🤬🤬🤬🤬

New World Order slowly and surely taking over.

With a little help from Fascists like  Boris Johnson, Sturgeon, Leitch and many many more throughout the World.

A terrified and compliant population will hurry it along.

4 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Would seem so. The whole thing is going mad, I don't think they can do right for doing wrong. I really do feel for a  business that had really tried and spent big money to be able to operate only to be closed every few weeks, it's not them that's the problem its  sheer stupidity of people knowingly putting themselves at risk going into crowded areas. Just seen the chaos of London rail stations now on bbc news and perfect example if this. Living in an already tier 3 area all crowded together and going to disperse all over country taking their covid loves with them. Fabulous 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Propaganda

Doubtless London and Londoners will get spurious blame...

...but you have to realise that all those leaving London, coughing and spluttering, packing the motorways,  train stations and coach stations are economic migrants.

Poor people who just use London when it suits them and sneak to what they call “back home” and to their Mammies, as soon as things get a wee bit tough.

it is NOT Londoners who’ll be doing any Super-spreading.  

:)

Edited by antrin

19 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

There will be a negative effect from this IMO.

Many people will feel "why the feck have I bothered" and will join the existing lunatics by mixing in houses more than they should.

Numbers were going to rise over the Christmas period but this over reaction will tip many people over the edge.

The scenes you seen in London were replicated all over the UK, let's not be putting the blame on them nasty Londoners, people will have, and will be, traveling over the next few days irrespective of the rules. they will find a way.

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

...but you have to realise that all those leaving London, coughing and spluttering, packing the motorways,  train stations and coach stations are economic migrants.

Poor people who just use London when it suits them and sneak to what they call “back home” and to their Mammies, as soon as things get a wee bit tough.

I get what you mean by the economic migrants opposed to Londoners totally and can imagine what VCS is like with all the covid travellers🤢

45 minutes ago, antrin said:

Don't want to sound like a right wing gammon who is a Cockney these days?

Been to a few cities aboard but London comes across the most foreign

22 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Always been that way

Do as i say not what i do

Wee Rab going aff his heid as his area were going down a tier

What about Dumfies and Galloway they were going to tier one

What a boot in the chuckies that is

Seems the more behaved you were the more you are punished

Two tiers. 

We're currently tier 2, and have been showing no signs of the virus growing.

Aye, as I said earlier, this will have a massive negative effect on people who have been playing he game.