Coronavirus

faraway saint

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Selective reading, stop calling me a liar & you can have the last word. 👍

Would you agree it’s a very poor character trait, when someone admits to a mistake, for the other person not to be a big enough person to let it go? 

An ever inspiralling word hole.

You keep promising to give me the last word but you never do.  In post after post, YOU are typing lie after lie.

So you’re a liar, yet again.

tell you what... don’t promise to give me the last word and just STFU.

i won’t miss you.  Promise.  :)

12 hours ago, antrin said:

An ever inspiralling word hole.

You keep promising to give me the last word but you never do.  In post after post, YOU are typing lie after lie.

So you’re a liar, yet again.

tell you what... don’t promise to give me the last word and just STFU.

i won’t miss you.  Promise.  :)

The issue here is you not being able to understand/ choosing not to read my posts. I will always defend myself against someone calling me a liar. 

I’m not sure how true that last bit is. You’ve been all over the place in your responses to me, seems like desperation to keep the argument going IMO. :whistle

19 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Selective reading, stop calling me a liar & you can have the last word. 👍

And he goes round in further decreasing circles up his ain erse wi’... 

I will always defend myself against someone calling me a liar.”

weird, or what?

Perhaps you really are so self-unaware that you don’t realise that I only call you a liar because you consistently post and prove yourself to be a liar?

And, it must be said, a very very strange and self-abusing liar.

14 minutes ago, antrin said:

And he goes round in further decreasing circles up his ain erse wi’... 

I will always defend myself against someone calling me a liar.”
weird, or what?

Perhaps you really are so self-unaware that you don’t realise that I only call you a liar because you consistently post and prove yourself to be a liar?

And, it must be said, a very very strange and self-abusing liar.

I should have clarified in my original last word post that I would not give you it had you antagonise me in such a way. This was my mistake & I put my hands up to it (more than once) 

A bigger person would accept this admittance & move on. You are clearly quite a small person though & incapable of doing that, you would rather resort to calling me a liar than accept I admitted a mistake. 

Very poor reflection of your character IMO, sure others will agree. 👍

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. How many more pages of this utter shite are we going to have to put up with?

Take it to private message.

Not a single other poster gives the tiniest shit about this.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, it's fecking bonkers, two buffoons trying out buffoon each other. 

Aye because both of you with your combined 42,000+ posts would let someone calling you a liar go. :whistle

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I should have clarified in my original last word post that I would not give you it had you antagonise me in such a way. This was my mistake & I put my hands up to it (more than once) 

A bigger person would accept this admittance & move on. You are clearly quite a small person though & incapable of doing that, you would rather resort to calling me a liar than accept I admitted a mistake. 

Very poor reflection of your character IMO, sure others will agree. 👍

So, this is you ONCE AGAIN admitting to having made an ERROR!  Another error!   

I told you to stop digging!   :)

I quote: "I should have clarified".  but you didn't did you?  You promised to give me the last word and continually didn't do so.

Again... only with hindsight... once it has been pointed out to you - as in my first helpful instance that you so ungraciously dissed - do you try to claw back permanently lost ground.

You proved yourself a liar time after time - I merely underlined the impact you were having till you finally worked out what an erse you were.  :lol:

You kept on digging.  What a walloper! :)

Now... I don't give a toss what Oxter thinks of this utter shite (I agree it has been quite shite and I'm sure a few are laughing at you, baz), but I am personally more than bored playing with you. 

I tried to help: you were abusive about it.

So, I'll show you how this is done.

I hereby promise to give you the last word on this throbber of an exchange. 

Fill your pathetic, lonely boots.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Aye because both of you with your combined 42,000+ posts would let someone calling you a liar go. :whistle

The difference between you and me is that I genuinely couldn't give two f**ks what people think of me - either on this forum or in real life.

Why?

Because if you're posting something "offensive" to me or calling me names, you're either trying to make a joke or engage in banter in which case it stands or falls solely on whether it's funny or clever or not. Or you are trying to hurt me, in which case you are the sort of person who is meaningless and dead to me so your words are harmless.

Someone wants to call me a liar? Fill yer boots. Want to call me a c**t or a condescending prick? It's your time you are wasting.

It's a lesson you'd do well to adopt because every time you post you are screaming out "pwease pwease don't call me a liar because it hurts so bad". You think continually responding to antrin's shite is strength but it's weakness and he's using it to rag-doll you repeatedly. He's doing what a dozen or more other posters have done to you repeatedly over the last few years. You are my friend, what my mother used to call in less PC aware days, "one of those guys who is a bit slow".

1 minute ago, antrin said:

So, this is you ONCE AGAIN admitting to having made an ERROR!  Another error!   

I told you to stop digging!   :)

I quote: "I should have clarified".  but you didn't did you?  You promised to give me the last word and continually didn't do so.

Again... only with hindsight... once it has been pointed out to you - as in my first helpful instance that you so ungraciously dissed - do you try to claw back permanently lost ground.

You proved yourself a liar time after time - I merely underlined the impact you were having till you finally worked out what an erse you were.  :lol:

You kept on digging.  What a walloper! :)

Now... I don't give a toss what Oxter thinks of this utter shite (I agree it has been quite shite and I'm sure a few are laughing at you, baz), but I am personally more than bored playing with you. 

I tried to help: you were abusive about it.

So, I'll show you how this is done.

I hereby promise to give you the last word on this throbber of an exchange. 

Fill your pathetic, lonely boots.

Again, yes I should have clarified I will not tolerate the antagonism you showed me in what would have been the last engagement. You can’t accept this correction (despite me making it several times). And hit out with the ‘ah but you didn’t’ chat. I assume that’s just the way you are, I personally would never hold such things against someone & would be far more gracious than you have been 👍

If you can’t see this doesn’t show me as a liar, fine. I have tried to explain the difference to you & I think it’s fair to now to assume you are not capable of understanding.

The Oxter & FS view is people can only use BAWA in the exact way they do or they are wasting their time. It’s okay to send dozens of messages per day but only as long as you follow their pattern & nothing else. I realised this a long-time ago & disagree. 

A few of your other points here are just silly. This hasn’t been ‘playing’ for you, you’re clearly genuinely rattled which I apologise for, it wasn’t my aim but I will always defend myself against unfounded claims of being a liar. You’ve also received no abuse from me, there has been no abuse here at all, although you lowering the tone to repeatedly bring up autism, as if it would be something of a negative had I been autistic was in very, very bad taste IMO, I have no doubt others will agree. You’ve also been every bit as pedantic as I have on this exchange (here’s another bit, you started it). If people are laughing, they’ll be laughing at both of us & dare I say it, probably fair enough. 

Thanks, glad we could put it to rest. (I assume you’ll realise not quoting me is not some sort of loophole on the last word chat, we know you & a few others like that trick) 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The difference between you and me is that I genuinely couldn't give two f**ks what people think of me - either on this forum or in real life.

Why?

Because if you're posting something "offensive" to me or calling me names, you're either trying to make a joke or engage in banter in which case it stands or falls solely on whether it's funny or clever or not. Or you are trying to hurt me, in which case you are the sort of person who is meaningless and dead to me so your words are harmless.

Someone wants to call me a liar? Fill yer boots. Want to call me a c**t or a condescending prick? It's your time you are wasting.

It's a lesson you'd do well to adopt because every time you post you are screaming out "pwease pwease don't call me a liar because it hurts so bad". You think continually responding to antrin's shite is strength but it's weakness and he's using it to rag-doll you repeatedly. He's doing what a dozen or more other posters have done to you repeatedly over the last few years. You are my friend, what my mother used to call in less PC aware days, "one of those guys who is a bit slow".

I agree with a lot of that (as in it’s where we differ) however it doesn’t mean you are right & I'm wrong, it’s just a difference of opinion. I do take offence to being called a liar, I always will. 

I touch on this in my previous post. There are more ways than the Oak/ FS approach to using BAWA. Just because we don’t follow your methods in multiple posts, doesn’t make it an issue. 

As for your last bit, that part of BAWA is a conscious choice from me to engage. I have said this many times on many different threads. Rightly or wrongly, I do like to engage with the arguing. You may still not understand this about me but it doesn’t mean I am miss understanding what posters like antrin are doing. 

Following on from above & specifically regarding  ‘a bit slow’ I will give you the benefit of the doubt you have forgotten the multiple other time’s I have told you the above because otherwise it has (again) made you look a bit silly. 

Edited by bazil85

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I agree with a lot of that (as in it’s where we differ) however it doesn’t mean you are right & I'm wrong, it’s just a difference of opinion. I do take offence to being called a liar, I always will. 

I touch on this in my previous post. There are more ways than the Oak/ FS approach to using BAWA. Just because we don’t follow your methods in multiple posts, doesn’t make it an issue. 

As for your last bit, that part of BAWA is a conscious choice from me to engage. I have said this many times on many different threads. Rightly or wrongly, I do like to engage with the arguing. You may still not understand this about me but it doesn’t mean I am miss understanding what posters like antrin are doing. 

Regarding ‘a bit slow’ I will give you the benefit of the doubt you have forgotten the multiple other time’s I have told you the above because otherwise it has (again) made you look a bit silly. 

You see, you're once again making the mistake of thinking I want to engage in a lengthy debate about absolute wittering pish.

I gave you advice.

Take it or leave it.

It's your choice.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You see, you're once again making the mistake of thinking I want to engage in a lengthy debate about absolute wittering pish.

I gave you advice.

Take it or leave it.

It's your choice.

You gave me your approach as "advice". If you read my post you would see the issue with this. 

We've had this conversation multiple times before, as I said, I can only assume you have forgotten or else your comments towards the end would be a bit silly. 

Ambulance Service receives as many 999 calls as first wave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55461390

Yet, on the NHS own website, it appears that 999 calls specifically for covid are a fraction of what they were during the first wave.....

https://digital.nhs.uk/dashboards/nhs-pathways

So what the BBC are actually comparing here is 999 calls for all causes with 999 calls for all causes during the first wave. 

Comparing specifically covid 999 calls shows a completely different picture. 

B15B4BF7-07FB-4872-931B-21EA9FC25FAA.jpeg

Critical care bed occupancy in hospitals is currently below what it was last year.

Any problems in the NHS just now is down to staff being off work as a result of needlessly isolating after a positive test, the creation of covid only wards and bad management.

All as a result of testing for a single virus. Test for influenza and other coronaviruses and we’d see the same picture.

This whole crisis could be ended now by stopping all testing and removing all restrictions. 

2FE3662D-1F3D-4190-9C20-17C5DC3838B7.png

Edited by Sue Denim

18 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Ambulance Service receives as many 999 calls as first wave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55461390

Yet, on the NHS own website, it appears that 999 calls specifically for covid are a fraction of what they were during the first wave.....

https://digital.nhs.uk/dashboards/nhs-pathways

So what the BBC are actually comparing here is 999 calls for all causes with 999 calls for all causes during the first wave. 

Comparing specifically covid 999 calls shows a completely different picture. 

B15B4BF7-07FB-4872-931B-21EA9FC25FAA.jpeg

Your error is in the first sentence.

It's not the Ambulance Service reporting that increase, it's the LONDON Ambulance Service and they are saying that in LONDON, the 40% increase is due to covid.

Looking at the whole NHS to disprove this is typically stupid of you, although if you follow that second link, you'll see a graph showing a dark colour around London showing exactly the increase in demand the BBC article refers to.

I do wonder why you deliberately mislead like this but it's your time you are wasting.

59 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Critical care bed occupancy in hospitals is currently below what it was last year.

Any problems in the NHS just now is down to staff being off work as a result of needlessly isolating after a positive test, the creation of covid only wards and bad management.

All as a result of testing for a single virus. Test for influenza and other coronaviruses and we’d see the same picture.

This whole crisis could be ended now by stopping all testing and removing all restrictions. 

You yet again share statistics that contradict your claim. There is a clear pattern of more beds being taken up in areas where Covid is being reported to be most prevalent. 

Removing restrictions and stopping testing would condemn many more people to death months before the vaccine can hopefully have a significant impact on saving lives.

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

The best news about this post of yours is the "18% charge left" indicator which suggests we're about to get a bit of peace and quiet from your relentless pish. 😁