Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Typical response of the public failing to take ANY responsibility.

The virus doesn't spread when the government make a decision, it's spread by people who are NOT been doing what the government tell them.

More so down there in London who, as usual, seem to think they are immune and can do what they like.

Head in the sand just about covers this tragic opinion, sadly driven by a political viewpoint rather than the real truth. 

You are all over the place as usual.

Firstly you spend ages complaining that the restrictions are over the top bollox.

Then you say that the virus is spreading because people won't follow those rules.

shull is right about you, you really are an idiot. 🤣

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Hmmmmm.

For how long have you had your immediate family in lockdown - and in which tier?

Not sure where you are going with this but by immediate family I am only including those who live in the same house as me.

We have been in various tiers and under some form of restriction since March.

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are all over the place as usual.

Firstly you spend ages complaining that the restrictions are over the top bollox.

Then you say that the virus is spreading because people won't follow those rules.

shull is right about you, you really are an idiot. 🤣

We've been here before.

You seem to have a problem that people can disagree with the restrictions and can comply.

What don't you get that the sentences highlighted are entirely plausible? 

As you are quite happy spreading the virus I wouldn't expect you to understand. 

You've got the senile Londoner on your side, who, if you read his rants, has completely lost the plot, simply, agaoin, blaming the government when his fellow Londoners are drenched in the virus. :lol:

PS Even more amusing you agreeing with the forum loonball, well done, almost as low as you can go. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

There are reports that the UK government are talking abut putting all areas under tier 4 until EASTER.

If there is any truth in this, there surely has to come a time when the general public say enough is enough with this shite.

Ans what, exactly, do you suggests.

More importantly, what would YOU do?

I suspect, as usual, not a thing. :lol:

On 12/19/2020 at 10:43 PM, Hendo said:

If they had grounded airlines, or at the very least introduced proper quarantine measures like Australia, we'd probably be coming out of this by now.

Australia vs UK (obviously we are 3 times population). The death count puts into perspective the difference in approach to this pandemic. 

62FF57E3-8D75-46B0-898E-46D225447005.thumb.jpeg.424f2db8e71b9f633f0698ff2b5b90fe.jpeg7E6616D9-6EBA-49F6-B117-7C44F4AFF966.thumb.jpeg.f206889464c93c0dfc3cb47effbd1f43.jpeg

What I really like about the Australian COVID tracing app is that is free Open-source code and available on GitHub.  They modelled it on the Singapore system and it cost them £2M to roll out. 
https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app#about-the-app

Meanwhile the Tories “spent” £12BN on a failing system that I bet many are not even using in England. 

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but it is worth putting those numbers and death statistics in context. Scunnered.

So, in order to justify putting London and the south into lockdown, the U.K. has made up a new strain of covid that is more contagious.

And as a result. Europe has now closed its borders to us meaning that food and supplies can’t get through. 

And Nicola Sturgeon has jumped on the Tory lies in order to use them and out Scotland into lockdown. 

There is no second wave, there are no excess deaths being caused by covid. The pandemic ended in May.

What we now have is a pseudo epidemic. A casedemic.

And the middle class left are using it to have their fun pushing their political agendas.

And all the while, real people are being denied hospital treatment, real people are dying and real working class livelihoods are being destroyed. 

16 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Australia vs UK (obviously we are 3 times population). The death count puts into perspective the difference in approach to this pandemic. 

62FF57E3-8D75-46B0-898E-46D225447005.thumb.jpeg.424f2db8e71b9f633f0698ff2b5b90fe.jpeg7E6616D9-6EBA-49F6-B117-7C44F4AFF966.thumb.jpeg.f206889464c93c0dfc3cb47effbd1f43.jpeg

None of the countries around that part of the world have been hit badly. This suggests pre immunity rather than having had anything to do with their approach.

Australia also has completely different seasonality. 

The biggest problem with the whole crisis has been governments thinking they could do anything to stop it.

Government interventions have only * increased * the death toll around the world. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Ans what, exactly, do you suggests.

More importantly, what would YOU do?

I suspect, as usual, not a thing. :lol:

If I were in charge I’d immediately do the following:

1. Admit we were wrong and the pandemic ended months ago

2. Stop all testing

3. Remove all restrictions

4. Get the health service back running normally

The whole crisis has been a self inflicted disaster. 

Edited by Sue Denim

On 12/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

There were things that happened at the beginning such as Cheltenham festival that shouldn't have gone ahead but imo they went ahead due to financial pressure because the warnings were there. Most of the rules they come out with are as clear as mud(we got boris). Take where I think big problem is, schools. They have individual class bubbles within year groups within school but all year groups mix  on school transport, so you can have say 70 kids on a decker going to and from school with no distancing and that's ok apparently . because it's a 'school' contract. At our place we don't call them kids, covid carriers instead.

Hancock is MP for the area around Newmarket .  He has received a lot of money from stable owners. He goes to many race meetings and Horse-racing social events.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/16/horse-racing-tory-donations-and-a-swift-return-from-lockdown-matt-hancock

He knows who is paying him.

Big problem for the governments in the U.K. was tact if they had allowed Christmas to go ahead and the resulting swathes of deaths didn’t occur then there would be questions asked.

They have to keep this pseudo epidemic going until the vaccine is rolled out. So many people have so so many different vested interests in this that they have to keep lying. 

Cheltenham is a red herring. Covid was already widespread long before then and circulating in a young, healthy population is good. 

The real criminal offences that literally caused tens of deaths were:

1. Throwing 25k sick and elderly people out of hospital

2. seeding covid into care homes

3. Slapping DNR orders on anyone over 75

4. Restricting healthcare services to the public

We shifted the burden of herd immunity from the young and healthy into the old, the sick and the poor. 

And tens of thousands have died as a result. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure where you are going with this but by immediate family I am only including those who live in the same house as me.

We have been in various tiers and under some form of restriction since March.

I was simply suggesting that your...

“Beyond my immediate family I don't need anyone else.

Also, there are fewer people in my life who could give me covid.”

...might be a bit glib.

Unless you had immense food and fuel stocks (and loo rolls), and energy and other vital resources, then someone in your family has had to be interacting with other humans - who, like you or your family - are at risk of contracting a virus.

that must have been a particularly strict personal/familial lockdown to make you all so impregnable.

Someone on the news described the new virus strain as "terrifying".

FFS some people need to get some perspective.

Ebola is terrifying.

Having convicted rapist Mike Tyson come at you with boxing gloves on is terrifying.

A virus which kills relatively only a handful of people is anything but terrifying.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

I was simply suggesting that your...

“Beyond my immediate family I don't need anyone else.

Also, there are fewer people in my life who could give me covid.”

...might be a bit glib.

Unless you had immense food and fuel stocks (and loo rolls), and energy and other vital resources, then someone in your family has had to be interacting with other humans - who, like you or your family - are at risk of contracting a virus.

that must have been a particularly strict personal/familial lockdown to make you all so impregnable.

Yeah you've gone for an absolute when I was clearly referring to a relative measure.

If I'd said "no people outside my immediate family who could give me covid" you'd have had a point.

Edited by oaksoft

55 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Came off the night shift and onto the M8 and it was choca - as many cars as pre-lockdown for 7ish. OK I know there might be a lot less car-sharing than before the pandemic but the roads are nowhere near as quiet as they were in April.

Doesn't the new rule not come into place till boxing day? 

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Someone on the news described the new virus strain as "terrifying".

FFS some people need to get some perspective.

Ebola is terrifying.

Having convicted rapist Mike Tyson come at you with boxing gloves on is terrifying.

A virus which kills relatively only a handful of people is anything but terrifying.

Grant Shapps this morning(This Morning, R4 bbc) said that a dozen friends were at a small wedding a week or so ago.
After it, one attendee had a pre-test to go in for surgery: he was positive.
So the others got checked out. A further 8 tested/proved positive. 

None he said, showed signs of illness. Or deterioration. So, he’s suggesting, there is no problem with the variant.

anecdotal bollox but that’s the level of our governance.

Edited by antrin