Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's 56 for the 21st March according to worldometer.

Not sure where you are getting 48 from. That might be today SO FAR which wasn't what I was talking about.

I didn't say there weren't plenty of other countries which aren't severe. I specifically avoided saying that. Only Italy matters because that's the trend we are matching almost death for death and new incident by new incident.

Look, it's obvious you are not up to date with your numbers and it's obvious you've not made any attempt to analyse what's out there. My question is, under those circumstances why are you attacking literally everyone else who is putting some thought into it? There's no basis whatsoever for your confidence but it's your right to believe what you want. What you don't have the right to do is slaughter other people without doing any legwork yourself, You have no basis whatsoever for the level of criticism you are dishing out.

Check YOUR numbers and stop being a condescending fanny. 

You're amusing about "slaughtering" people who don't agree with you. 

Your still hurting at making an arse of yourself a few days ago when you had a meltdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Have a look at the date emoji6.png

So he says the quote below.....................and magically the 21st becomes today, is he a fecking time traveller? 

TODAY is the 22nd, isn't it? 

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's 21st March and we are on 1035 new cases and 56 deaths today alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's 56 for the 21st March according to worldometer.

Not sure where you are getting 48 from. That might be today SO FAR which wasn't what I was talking about.

I didn't say there weren't plenty of other countries which aren't severe. I specifically avoided saying that. Only Italy matters because that's the trend we are matching almost death for death and new incident by new incident.

Look, it's obvious you are not up to date with your numbers and it's obvious you've not made any attempt to analyse what's out there. My question is, under those circumstances why are you attacking literally everyone else who is putting some thought into it? There's no basis whatsoever for your confidence but it's your right to believe what you want. What you don't have the right to do is slaughter other people without doing any legwork yourself, You have no basis whatsoever for the level of criticism you are dishing out.

So, when you were crunching numbers did you add in today there's been a decline of around 15% in the UK? 

I'm pretty reasonable with numbers, use them every day.

If you're talking about attacking TPTWAT or the idiot from Ayrshire, are you serious? :lol:

Putting thought and legwork into it and their tripe? 

If you're going to have a go try to be consistent. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Why are people bothering to argue with someone with over 40k posts on this site. Does that not give you a hint as to what you are dealing with ?

Why is that relevant? 

You actually relate the number of posts, over 14 years for some perspective, to mean ANYTHING?

Jeezo, dim doesn't cover that post. :1eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why is that relevant? 

You actually relate the number of posts, over 14 years for some perspective, to mean ANYTHING?

Jeezo, dim doesn't cover that post. :1eye

2.9k a year on average mean your a complete twat and I wouldn't waste my breath arguing anything serious with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

2.9k a year on average mean your a complete twat and I wouldn't waste my breath arguing anything serious with you

I rest my case, relating a number of posts to intelligence. :1eye

Have you escaped from the zoo? :byebye

PS I've looked through your posts, you come across as a seriously bright guy. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I rest my case, relating a number of posts to intelligence. :1eye

Have you escaped from the zoo? :byebye

PS I've looked through your posts, you come across as a seriously bright guy. :lol:

Its actually funny looking at your responses and how much you are squirming.

Same style each time but the reality is your a complete and utter ZERO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lenziebud said:

Its actually funny looking at your responses and how much you are squirming.

Same style each time but the reality is your a complete and utter ZERO

Squirming? 

No reasoning, nothing and I'M a zero? :lol:

Run along, you must be due to get fed soon. :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TPAFKATS

UK cases and deaths plotted against Italy cases and deaths +14, 15, 21, 28 days. IMG_20200321_192007.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Eh? :lol:

Ok, Italy, approx 2 weeks ago introduced a fairly severe lock down.

Here's what's happened since then..................look closely at the dates.

I'm not saying this would have been better had they NOT done this but it looks cery clear it's not working, or very well to me.

image.png.0bb16e04137ae98cea121ae9667fe4b1.png

 

I meant 56 yesterday. Don't be a dick about it.

I'm not interested in total deaths because it's not relevant as it's not normalised. It's the daily deaths which matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

So, when you were crunching numbers did you add in today there's been a decline of around 15% in the UK? 

I'm pretty reasonable with numbers, use them every day.

If you're talking about attacking TPTWAT or the idiot from Ayrshire, are you serious? :lol:

Putting thought and legwork into it and their tripe? 

If you're going to have a go try to be consistent. :byebye

Why the hell would I put in death figures for 22nd of March when we still have 4.5 hours to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

UK cases and deaths plotted against Italy cases and deaths +14, 15, 21, 28 days. IMG_20200321_192007.jpeg

Are these your own graphs?

Are the data points cumulative or daily figures?

Either way, it's more evidence that we are 15 days behind Italy and on an almost exact replica trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Yeah I thought so. The 48 is for today.

Only a total bellend would be gloating about this being a reduction in daily deaths when we have 4.5 hours to go.

Today's total (22nd March) will probably end up around mid to high 50s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So, PieandBovril.

Where do I even start????

P & B is full of cliques. Particularly the politics forum.

My "mistake" was to change my mind on a few things. I used to be left wing and very pro-independence until a few years back when I changed my mind on everything and became pretty central in my views.

I posted some things saying why for the time being, independence wasn't something I could support. I have come to see that the whilst still pro-Indy in principle, the Scottish attitude (chip on shoulder) isn't right to make it work at this time and I think we shouldn't be holding Indyref2 until the 2025 or later to respect the last result. I also talked about not attacking No voters and playing the long game by persuading them onto the Yes side. For this, I was treated to online abuse I've not received before. I've lost count of the number of variants of "c**t" that I've been called but "thundercunt" and "whompercunt" stick in my mind.

I also posted that whilst it was terrible how the government were forcing disabled people into work, it was a good thing in principle for society to provide disabled people routes back into work should they want it and be capable of it. One fit and healthy young guy on the forum asked why he should be forced to work and I seem to remember saying that welfare was there for the weak, the sick and as a temporary way of helping the rest of us to get back on our feet if we lost our jobs etc. Anyway, after this it was a tsunami of hatred. I got accused of hating the poor, wanting disabled people to be worked to death and being the hardest possible right wing Tory. Apparently I also hate young people because I think being 20 is too young for someone to be a politician because they are short of life experience necessary to be good at that job.

Nowadays, people don't read my posts at all. They pick out a single word or sentence, twist it and then misrepresent what I said. Three of the moderators have joined in on this. Here's a wee example. A day or two I posted in response to someone who wanted the unions to use the virus situation to start making demands that shop workers should immediately be paid £25k. I made the point that now wasn't an appropriate time to be making those demands when the country was on the verge of economic collapse. I said nothing more than that. Here is the response I got:

 really don't know where to start with this.

Do you think it's ok / fine / fair for the poorest paid in society to be the ones bearing the brunt of said crisis, putting their life and their families life on the line for tuppence happeny ?

Would you put yourself on the line for 17 grand a year ? but then again, I'd bet you're happy to accept the Government "handout" of up to £35k for doing nothing, you're type always are. 

You see, people like you rely on the "market forces" argument in order to justify why a CEO should be paid £5 million p/a or an investment banker being paid £2 miilion p/a but when the tables are turned you suddenly don't believe in it ?

Surprise sur f**kin prise !!

I'm sorry, but it's attitudes like yours makes people like me only the more determined to ensure we get some sort of change in this country and that change is socialist and fair so that EVERYONE in society can be treated fairly as opposed to only the rich and powerful benefiting at the expense of the rest.

Typical disgusting Tory.

 

I have no idea what they mean by the "market forces" argument because I've not made it, or the "tables turned" part. No idea what the "£35k handout" is all about either. That poster got showered with "likes" for that nonsense. It's a hilarious rant. :lol:

So I have a bit of fun at their expense.

Two people put up posts of laughing faces in response to me saying my business had lost 60% of sales overnight so I responded that my mortgage was paid off and I had a full bank account to get through the crisis. I asked him how they were doing on the score. The response was predictable. It seems they can give it out but can't take it.

It hasn't occurred to any of these numbskulls that they are wasting their time. None of this bothers me in the slightest.

More than half of those who are making these sort of personal attacks are also on the Depression thread wittering on about how they are miserable. Hmmmm, I wonder if there's a link between being miserable and shouting poisonous abuse at random people on the internet?

I don't often post on there now other than the odd thing. There are better ways to spend a day than to be around people who consistently behave like absolute scum. In comparison, this forum is actually full of reasonable people. I can have blazing arguments with certain posters but a week later we are in agreement over other things. It's much more civilised here outside a very tiny handful of individuals.

Anyway calling me a "legend" on P & B is like saying I'm the best guitarist......in my own house. :lol:

Thanks for your reply. I noticed the P&B politics forum was just an echo chamber of virtue signallers before I even joined. Needless to say, I simply avoid it. Politics has become very tribal nowadays, and it's nonsensical and often prevents civilised discussion. People are also often frightened to consider arguments that contradict their paradigm, and therefore become very insular and myopic. It's terrible that people are so spiteful towards you, but I imagine it is a reflection of their own miserable, unfulfilled lives.

This forum is certainly interesting, and has a few 'characters'...I suspect literally in some cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TPAFKATS

Nah, I don't do graphs. They are from official organisations who know what they are plotting.

Are these your own graphs?

Are the data points cumulative or daily figures?

Either way, it's more evidence that we are 15 days behind Italy and on an almost exact replica trend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I meant 56 yesterday. Don't be a dick about it.

I'm not interested in total deaths because it's not relevant as it's not normalised. It's the daily deaths which matter.

Eh........................like this? Doesn't change the final figures, ya bellend. 

image.png.f23955a68a98f1401e1049c45a7fc4fd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh? :lol:

Ok, Italy, approx 2 weeks ago introduced a fairly severe lock down.

Here's what's happened since then..................look closely at the dates.

I'm not saying this would have been better had they NOT done this but it looks cery clear it's not working, or very well to me.

image.png.0bb16e04137ae98cea121ae9667fe4b1.png

 

It takes more than 2 weeks to start seeing the effects of a lock down. Look at what happened in China. 

The people dying today in Italy caught it more than 2 weeks ago (pre-lockdown). Some people even take up to 2 weeks before showing any symptoms. Then they spend multiple more weeks after that fighting it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

It takes more than 2 weeks to start seeing the effects of a lock down. Look at what happened in China. 

The people dying today in Italy caught it more than 2 weeks ago (pre-lockdown). Some people even take up to 2 weeks before showing any symptoms. Then they spend multiple more weeks after that fighting it.  

I know, just showing the these measures, if effective, will take time.

The latest from the Italians.................

image.png.8dfa84e5e41b74c10d6aadca5276295c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He'll be out with is special pillow to make sure he's right. :rolleyes:

If not, he'll come up with another formula for being a dick, just wait and see. 

I've a feeling you're not taking this seriously. 🙄

You obviously won't unless/until, (hopefully not), it directly affects you.

No matter. You MUST know that it can be transmitted from one of yours to others which may have been transferred with your virus party. I can't believe you're so selfish as a family to say, "feck you" to the elderly or infirmed one your family may end up in contact with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I know, just showing the these measures, if effective, will take time.

The latest from the Italians.................

image.png.8dfa84e5e41b74c10d6aadca5276295c.png

It's worrying the lack of urgency people have over it in this country. Largs prom was mobbed yesterday and there were fair rides and restaurants open and all sorts going on. We are only 2 weeks behind Italy going by the stats and we still aren't in full lockdown. 

In western countries our lives are so comfortable and people still can't fathom that something like this is actually happening.

Edited by LargsBud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stlucifer said:

I've a feeling you're not taking this seriously. 🙄

You obviously won't unless/until, (hopefully not), it directly affects you.

No matter. You MUST know that it can be transmitted from one of yours to others which may have been transferred with your virus party. I can't believe you're so selfish as a family to say, "feck you" to the elderly or infirmed one your family may end up in contact with.

There's a difference between seriously and looking, and almost gloating, at the worst case scenario.

WE, and it's feck all to do with you, are more than aware what this could do to the group which are more at risk.

WE don't have any immediate family in this area that are in that bracket.

While you're firing bullets unless EVERYBODY stays in, and that means no shopping, working, or any outside activities, this will spread.

The measures are to slow it down, if you stay in for a couple of weeks then go out it'll still be there. 

You are a fcukard for suggesting I, or my family, would do that, just saying. 

Best you keep that type of shite to yourself, ok? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...