faraway saint

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, no wonder the cases are rising.

My mates mother & father in law caught it, his brother in law then caught it, now he's caught it.

Funny that.

They all had a jolly Christmas. 

Give me fecking strength. 

My friend and his wife have it after a Christmas together where they seen both sets of (quite) elderly parents, they have now also went for tests. 

This behaviour is unfortunately quite predictable as we hurtle towards 80,000 recorded deaths. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, no wonder the cases are rising.

My mates mother & father in law caught it, his brother in law then caught it, now he's caught it.

Funny that.

They all had a jolly Christmas. 

Give me fecking strength. 

Just chatting to my mates son, there was 5 households in the one house down in Paisley on Christmas day.

Aye, not the UK governments fault, not wee Nicky, as I've pointed out for ages, people being selfish cnuts.

The numbers will go through the roof in the next few weeks, the gnashing and wailing will go on, and the hypocrisy will reach new levels as this drags into February and March. 

Edited by faraway saint

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just chatting to my mates son, there was 5 households in the one house down in Paisley on Christmas day.

Aye, not the UK governments fault, not wee Nicky, as I've pointed out for ages, people being selfish cnuts.

The numbers will go through the roof in the next few weeks, the gnashing and wailing will go on, and the hypocrisy will reach new levels as this drags into February and March. 

5 households in 1, I would say unbelievable but not surprising in the slightest. Not being funny but it's potentially 1 year of missing out until a vaccine is sorted not the end of the world for christ sake.

Have heard today in village I live in there was a group of 16 in 1 house boxing day (3 households) and guess what.....cocky twats have all got it AND have kids that go to local primary school in which 2 of mine go to😡😡😡 even tho kids would have to isolate it's not the point.

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

My friend and his wife have it after a Christmas together where they seen both sets of (quite) elderly parents, they have now also went for tests. 

This behaviour is unfortunately quite predictable as we hurtle towards 80,000 recorded deaths. 

Sadly the correct (not different) figure is already over 90,000 with many of the premature deaths in the second wave due directly to the PM pandering to the gammonistas! Of course that's what comes from taking your playbook for fighting a pandemic from a Carry-On movie...

Carry On Constable

With a flu epidemic running rife, three new bumbling recruits are assigned to Inspector Mills police station. With help from Special Constable Gorse, they manage to totally wreck the operations of the police force and let plenty of criminals get away, even before they arrive at the station. They all have to prove themselves or else they'll be out of a job and Sergeant Wilkins will be transferred. Sub-plots include romances between Wilkins and Moon, Constable and Passworthy.

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There's a couple of fcukwits on here that think its winter in Australia.

BBC News - Covid: Sydney announces new restrictions ahead of New Year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55481851

Australia was being touted on here recently as being back to normal. :lol:

Comparing Australia to the UK is, well, ludicrous.

Somebody said on here similar populations, Australia is 32 times bigger. :lol:

I would suggest, and I'm not an expert, that could quite easily see a better chance in containing the virus. 

Should, hopefully, see a massive increase in the numbers vaccinated by the end of the month.

Unfortunately most of the fcukwits that are spreading it won't be vaccinated for months yet so there probably won't see a substantial decrease in cases. 

The numbers below are for Scotland. 

image.png.23e94bca85e3fd72a6b61f95ea8979a9.png

41 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There's a couple of fcukwits on here that think its winter in Australia.

BBC News - Covid: Sydney announces new restrictions ahead of New Year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55481851

I suggest South Africa needs a change of name..........................

image.png.345653d56614274c3d875fd456ffb150.png

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Australia was being touted on here recently as being back to normal. :lol:

Comparing Australia to the UK is, well, ludicrous.

Somebody said on here similar populations, Australia is 32 times bigger. :lol:

I would suggest, and I'm not an expert, that could quite easily see a better chance in containing the virus. 

I've seen this kinda argument before (wrt Sweden) but if you look at how the population is spread down under 63.4% of the population, over 13 million people, live in the Big5 cities where they play their Test Cricket 🏏 I'd say that's probably more important in terms of the spread or containment of Covid than how many live in one-dingo towns in the outback.

I'd still argue their relative success in containing Covid is down to aggressive measures to restrict it's spread.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I've seen this kinda argument before (wrt Sweden) but if you look at how the population is spread down under 63.4% of the population, over 13 million people, live in the Big5 cities where they play their Test Cricket 🏏 I'd say that's probably more important in terms of the spread or containment of Covid than how many live in one-dingo towns in the outback.

I'd still argue their relative success in containing Covid is down to aggressive measures to restrict it's spread.

Indeed. They appear to have competent racists in charge, unlike the incompetent variety we've been lumbered with.

38 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'd suggest a large number who comply would be the main reason they have done quite well.

Australians take more personal responsibility than many of the UK citizens who blame everyone but themselves. 

Folk going on about Australia’s “success” are both suffering from post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and revealing a bit of racism.

None of the countries in that part of the world have been hit particularly badly by covid - not just the countries with a European ethnic majority. 

This suggests to me that they may have some prior immunity from exposure to other viruses.

But hey, let’s say it’s all down to medieval lockdowns.....

Professor Van Tam said people should not think, ‘after the second dose of your vaccine, it’s okay to behave with wild abandon and go off to the bingo halls and whatever you like and so forth’.

Bingo halls and so forth?

Mask slipping there to reveal the middle class left hatred of the working class. 

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'd suggest a large number who comply would be the main reason they have done quite well.

Australians take more personal responsibility than many of the UK citizens who blame everyone but themselves. 

This is a government that started off with a herd immunity policy in March before going into lockdown too late, didn't test new arrivals to the country in the spring, came out of lockdown to early in May, faiied to discipline it's chief Spad for disregarding the restrictions that month, boasted England would have a world beating Track'n'Trace system, predicted in July we'd be back to "significant normality" by Xmas, pursued ridiculous policies in the summer like back-to-the-office, opened the country up for foreign travel and eat-out-to-help-out when it should have been concentrating on a ZeroCovid policy.

It acted to late to stop the second wave by ignoring SAGEs advice in September, introduced, then curtailed but still allowed Xmas mingling when it was obviously going to increase the spread, threatened London Borough's with legal action even as the new virulent strain was spreading, imposing lockdown too late for a third time. A compendium of incompetence, mixed messages and U-turns the latest being today's news that schools in the SE of England will not open this week after all.

It's an absolute fallacy to say the public are most to blame for the spread of the disease, the buck should stop at the top with BJ (and marginally less so with NS) I'm not responsible for the any of the numerous fuck-ups over the last 11 months and I'm not going to be badgered into accepting any of the blame by you - it lies with a liar & incompetent BJ and a 1% tougher NS much more than the lunatics that are giving both an easy excuse for their failures! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Latest update of ONS all cause mortality.

The actual pandemic in the spring can be clearly seen.

No second wave though. 

And strange how those flu epidemics that can be seen on the graph fell without lockdowns....

291B625D-23A4-479F-BB83-11F4DA3004AE.jpeg

Edited by Sue Denim

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

One minute you are complaining that the restrictions are a waste of time and won't work and now you are saying that people complying with them are the reason why cases are lower. I don't think you are even aware of how ridiculous you sound sometimes. :D

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

This is a government that started of with a herd immunity policy in March before going into lockdown too late, didn't test new arrivals to the country in the spring, came out of lockdown to early in May, faiied to discipline it's chief Spad for disregarding the restrictions that month, boasted England would have a world beating Track'n'Trace system, predicted in July we'd be back to "significant normality" by Xmas, pursued ridiculous policies in the summer like back-to-the-office, opened the country up for foreign travel and eat-out-to-help-out when it should have been concentrating on a ZeroCovid policy.

It acted to late to stop the second wave by ignoring SAGEs advice in September, introduced, then curtailed but still allowed Xmas mingling when it was obviously going to increase the spread, threatened London Borough's with legal action even as the new virulent strain was spreading, imposing lockdown too late for a third time. A compendium of incompetence, mixed messages and U-turns the latest being today's news that schools in the SE of England will not open this week after all.

It's an absolute fallacy to say the public are most to blame for the spread of the disease, the buck should stop at the top with BJ (and marginally less so with NS) I'm not responsible for the any of the numerous fuck-ups over the last 11 months and I'm not going to be badgered into accepting any of the blame by you - it lies with a liar & incompetent BJ and a 1% tougher NS much more than the lunatics that are giving both an easy excuse for their failures! 

As usual you look back and nit pick anything you can.

You must be a great guy, using hindsight as your rule in life. :lol:

This has been an absolute unseen pandemic, nothing we have seen in our lifetime.

Mistakes have been made, it's another thing to CONTINUALLY blame other than take some responsibility. 

A common trait amongst the political point scoring that goes on in here. 

When a decision has been made, whenever that was, then it's up to Joe Public to do the basics, which you so often sneer at. 

PS I never read your post above, I don't need a lopsided history lesson from you. 

Edited by faraway saint