Coronavirus

faraway saint

I saw this on the bbc website and was wondering if the difference in size of population in 1891 (4 million) and the population in 2020 (5.6 million) would effect this stat? Wouldn’t it be more realistic to count deaths per thousand of the population? 
0A6028E0-E466-4B3F-8938-FF4991BE0558.jpeg.0ca0f28f5fbf1e911e148dbe538b694c.jpeg
It wouldn't affect the "excess deaths" stat as that is just a number but, yes, it is more meaningful to use per head of population.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Got my letter for getting my jag next week   :thumbsup

As i am 65, i didn't expect it so soon but not complaining.

SEC centre in Glasgow for some reason and not in Paisley  :o

Mates from Paisley and Renfrew also having to go to the SEC centre next week  :o

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Hong Kong flu came and went in 69/70 without a lockdown and with far greater mortality.

Lockdown is killing millions.Their death, the middle class left’s virtue

Utter. Insanity.

A Tory government pulling (but mostly not in a timely fashion) ALL the levers of government and yet you persist in blaming some mythical “left” as being prime influencer!

Fruitloop with a bananas topping!  :lol:

6 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

So this what it’s came to, what a great example to demonstrate to the kids. I,m alright Jack pull the ladder up. 

6394E2CF-274A-42E0-AEB7-D348C74CD48A.jpeg

Not surprising, as many groups will see themselves as priority.

I would suggest all workers involved in the supply and sale of food, who are mixing with large numbers of the public every day, and have been throughout this, should be prioritised.

Not mentioning the utter shite they have had to endure from the good old British public. 

20 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Hong Kong flu came and went in 69/70 without a lockdown and with far greater mortality.

Lockdown is killing millions.

Their death, the middle class left’s virtue. 

338FE968-2A0F-48AB-9E90-3311A30F8E38.jpeg

You've made the claim lockdown is million millions countless times, yet to see any evidence to back this. 

Aye, it seems being a fud isn't just a British disease ..........................

An Irishman was so desperate for a sunny vacation in Tenerife that he waved a fake employer letter at the Dublin airport last month saying he was an “essential worker” scheduled for a job at a Tenerife hotel.

The traveler, who was not identified, was described in the phony document as an “Electronic Security Systems Provider, which is an essential service in Europe and covered by the Irish Government advice of January 24th,” the Sun reported Saturday.

The letter had been issued by the “Human Resources Department of (company),” and that “the individual will provide an essential service at (hotel) in Tenerife, Spain.”

However, Irish police realized the letter was phony and the would-be holiday goer was fined about $600, the Sun reported.

“COVID-19 doesn’t switch-off so that people can attend parties, or go on holidays, or gather in large groups,” police said in a statement.

So far 375 fines have been issued at Dublin Airport to people for leaving the country for non-essential travel.

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Anybody going to the Louisa Jordan hospital for their jag, can park free at the City Parking Hydro car park adjacent to the hospital. 

I got my jag yesterday which was obviously work,rather than age,related.Parked at the pedestrian walkway over the Expressway and walked across.
That’s the first time I’ve walked it and there’s been no buskers.🎸🎶🎤

15 minutes ago, HSS said:

I got my jag yesterday which was obviously work,rather than age,related.Parked at the pedestrian walkway over the Expressway and walked across.
That’s the first time I’ve walked it and there’s been no buskers.🎸🎶🎤

That's where the wife always park if she at the SEC for any reason. 

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

No further comment required, from me or from anyone else. Here's the view from the front line:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/feb/06/ive-been-called-satan-dr-rachel-clarke-on-facing-abuse-in-the-covid-crisis

Thank the LORD, you are here to tell us all what to think.

A weight off, if you will.

A weight off, if you won't.

Either way, honestly it's a relief.