Coronavirus

faraway saint

Just been round to see my parents this evening, in their house, as I do on a regular basis.

Was over at my son’s house earlier.

My partner is over at friends house tonight, 3 different households.

Looking forward to my usual Saturday night over at the in laws tomorrow night. 🍺🍺

WFH for almost a year, just been awarded a 10.5% bonus and a 3% pay rise. 

What lockdown? 😃

Edited by Sue Denim

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Seen last night that the number of cases have risen in Scotland over the last week?

Is this a general rise or has there been a specific area that has resulted in most of these cases, around 1,000? 

Also a rise in N Ireland, with England and Wales continuing to drop. 

Schools have gone back and vaccination levels have dropped due to a temporary shortage of vaccines which I think will be resolved next week.

A rise was expected. There are millions of people still not jagged.

As ever, the only thing which matters is whether this leads to an increase in deaths and hospitalisations and so far, both are still dropping nationwide.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Schools have gone back and vaccination levels have dropped due to a temporary shortage of vaccines which I think will be resolved next week.

A rise was expected. There are millions of people still not jagged.

As ever, the only thing which matters is whether this leads to an increase in deaths and hospitalisations and so far, both are still dropping nationwide.

Seems a reasonable explanation, numbers WILL rise as each stage of the "lockdown" :lol: is eased.

I also see Italy have decided to lockdown again, although their vaccination program, like many countries, isn't close to ours. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Seems a reasonable explanation, numbers WILL rise as each stage of the "lockdown" :lol: is eased.

I also see Italy have decided to lockdown again, although their vaccination program, like many countries, isn't close to ours. 

This I simply don't understand.

We've had a vaccine for months now and so many countries have sat on their arses and done nothing about it.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This I simply don't understand.

We've had a vaccine for months now and so many countries have sat on their arses and done nothing about it.

Wonder what the reasons/excuses are?

See below.................full list on link.

image.thumb.png.b22905edd94cbe66b7ed8e83833ff11f.png

Covid-19 vaccine tracker: View vaccinations by country (cnn.com)

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

PS Interesting New Zealand don't seem to have bothered their arse with next to ZERO vaccinations. 

I guess it's because their politicians are as brainless as politicians everywhere else.

They saw it as a low priority because they have shut their borders and eliminated cases so they can all party in the streets. The second they open the borders to trade though....

Once they hit zero cases, they should have take the vaccine as soon as it was approved. That was a golden opportunity missed.

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wonder what the reasons/excuses are?

I think they've been glacially slow to approve the vaccines safety-wise.

I can understand that, I was happy to wait a few months to let others be guinea pigs but that was a personal choice, helped because I wasn't in the top priority group anyway.

When you are responsible for an entire country and have people dying in their tens of thousands, a faster decision is needed.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Their PM said they were gonna wait and see... 

They have already vaccinated "18,000 workers within NZ's border regime and their families" and announced general roll out plans 3 days ago!

If they are well on top there's no reason to batter on so I've no qualms or criticism.

They're possibly the country who, from top to bottom, have been ahead of the game. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If they are well on top there's no reason to batter on so I've no qualms or criticism.

They're possibly the country who, from top to bottom, have been ahead of the game. 

The one possible drawback for NZ I can see is that they seem to have a relatively high rate of folks indicating they won't take the vaccine.