faraway saint

Coronavirus

What's lockdown like where you live?
In East London, from the busyness of the roads, you wouldn't believe there is restrictions, never mind a supposed lockdown.

As it stands, cannot see lockdown ending anytime soon.

LEEDS ?

Seems very much like business as usual

Traffic close to normal

Shops that are open, no panic buying, just normal shopping with no shortage of stock.

First lockdown was like a ghost town

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

It won't.

If the risk of dying isn't enough to encourage compliance with restrictions, a £500 "bonus" won't.
It might tempt some to try catching it for the money though. Hopefully not, if it is introduced.

What's lockdown like where you live?
In East London, from the busyness of the roads, you wouldn't believe there is restrictions, never mind a supposed lockdown.

As it stands, cannot see lockdown ending anytime soon.

The argument in favour of a substantial guaranteed payment is that, as even you say, the current system ain't working and many people are clearly not prepared to take the chance on the timescale or probability of getting said payment and will ignore the symptoms as long as they can drag themselves to their place of work. It's all a bit moot now as BJ seems to have backed away from the notion.

Yeah, the roads are not quite as busy as pre-pandemic but still nothing like as empty as Lockdown1, obviously the current version is not as restrictive as the first one but I'm hoping this number of motors on the road reflects a reduction in carsharing. Obviously the balance between not completely trashing the economy and fighting the pandemic is complicated (statin' the bleedin' obvious) but you would hope we don't repeat the same mistakes and end the current lockdown too early or come out with restrictions that are too lax.

As I've said above, somewhere, I hope the combination of better weather, the current lockdowns and vaccinations will allow some relaxation of the rules by late spring but I wouldn't expect to see any mass attended events for quite some time yet. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

And you were okay with lives being putting at risk and grannies dying to complete this “essential” work? 

You’ve literally been arguing that there should be zero restrictions & everything should be as normal. Double standards that highlight your bias. 

Essential work so it’s a non-story, would rather it was done while the property was vacated. 

Edited by bazil85

Same in Paisley.
Certainly nothing like the lockdown earlier in the year when the roads were virtually empty.

Agreed, yesterday I took my daughter to meet her friend for a walk and the roads were very busy, Renfrew and Glasgow road areas were particularly busy. Big difference this time, you wouldn’t think we were locked down.

Personally I’m scunnerd with it all this time, didn’t feel as bad last year (perhaps cause weather was good), this ‘lockdown’ is rubbish - so boring with no apparent end in sight!!

1 minute ago, RichardBuddie said:

Agreed, yesterday I took my daughter to meet her friend for a walk and the roads were very busy, Renfrew and Glasgow road areas were particularly busy. Big difference this time, you wouldn’t think we were locked down.

Personally I’m scunnerd with it all this time, didn’t feel as bad last year (perhaps cause weather was good), this ‘lockdown’ is rubbish - so boring with no apparent end in sight!!

Judy Murray, Andy's mum, just said the same thing on channel 4. 

The weather was a major factor in making the first lockdown manageable.

This one is half arsed, the weather's push and, as you say, people are bored/fed up. 

Nicola Sturgeon caught breaking her own lockdown rules yet again
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nicola-sturgeons-official-residence-decorated-23363848
I’ll be following Nicola’s lead and going round to my in laws for a bevvy tomorrow night as per usual for a Saturday night
As per usual?

Looks like the mates houses you bragged about going too, have ditched you.

We got our jabs this morning.

Phone call on Thu evening gave us appointment times.

About 40minutes away but the bus hurtled through empty streets to toon hall.  Far too early

Jab   and      Jab   (Oxford/Astra Zeneca)

Bus home and back indoors before the snow started and amazingly before our scheduled appointment times for the jab!

Remarkably efficient and... unremarkable, really...

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

We got our jabs this morning.

Phone call on Thu evening gave us appointment times.

About 40minutes away but the bus hurtled through empty streets to toon hall.  Far too early

Jab   and      Jab   (Oxford/Astra Zeneca)

Bus home and back indoors before the snow started and amazingly before our scheduled appointment times for the jab!

Remarkably efficient and... unremarkable, really...

Glad to hear it was so easy and as you say the vaccination program seems to be remarkably efficient... 

On 1/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, Sue Denim said:

Nicola Sturgeon caught breaking her own lockdown rules yet again

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nicola-sturgeons-official-residence-decorated-23363848

I’ll be following Nicola’s lead and going round to my in laws for a bevvy tomorrow night as per usual for a Saturday night 👍🍺🍺🍺

so she organises the facility management of the official residence?  She should be busy running a country.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:52 AM, Hendo said:

Bet your in laws are thrilled.

what does someone slitting their wrists in anticipation of a visit from the idiot sperm of the family sound like?

I see The Buffoon is saying that Quarantine Hotels are something that Ministers will be discussing...

Covid: Quarantine hotel plan to be discussed by ministers - BBC News

I would have assumed any competent government would have already had that all sorted out months ago, planned, organised, ready to be administered...   in order to put it into effect asap..... Sigh.

On 1/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, herman_munster said:

Yellow vested bellends to get more powers, during this pandemic we are expected to tolerate

covid marshalls, pcso's town wardens retail security guards with a higher level of authority than

these feckin mongs should have, its not the publics fault these malcontents could not get in to 

the police, yet they are running wild in the towns and cities, grinds my feckin gears, when I 

see them I just want to pummel their stupid faces

Security staff to patrol country parks in lockdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-55779414

A council is using security staff to patrol country parks in a bid to cut the number of people using them during the coronavirus lockdown.

Wakefield Council staff in West Yorkshire will turn residents away if a park is considered to be at capacity.

The council said many of its country parks have been overcrowded because people have travelled to exercise.

Residents have been reminded they must stay within their village, town or the part of the city where they live.

Increased attendance risked virus transmission, the authority said.

•  

why dont you just go ahead and pummel a few faces then if people taking on the best job they can get and having the audacity to enjoy it gets on your nerves so badly?  Just go for it instead of wasting time musing about it to a bunch of people who don't know you on a football forum.

22 minutes ago, herman_munster said:

dopey cunts that can't get a proper job and take a delight in messing other people about.

cretinous imbeciles  they deserve all they get, if any of these retards rear their head to me

I stand my ground and  have done so many times, I can't stand thick

cunts like these

Oh pipe down ya numpty.

I know you THINK yer hard but like every other testosterone fuelled idiot, yer aboot as threatening as a wet sock.