Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you are going to continue to witter on about unrelated and utterly pointless things then you'll be talking to yourself you cheeky wee scamp.

You claimed that the decline in deaths this winter was too “precipitous” to be solely down to seasonality.

I’ve highlighted that the decline in winter deaths in 2018 - which was solely down to seasonality - proves that the decline in deaths this winter more than likely *is* solely down to seasonality.

I can repeat this exercise for any year you wish 

FD88B0A0-494A-4988-88EA-83E5A881C719.jpeg

U.K. and Israel have already had their third waves and lead the way in vaccinations.

Europe is getting its third wave now and is catching up on vaccinations.

Notice the link?

Now we already know that the vaccine does not give immediate protection and can actually leave you more susceptible to catching covid for a while.

And we also know that vaccinations require millions of people to attend the same centres.

Looks like this may well be a lethal combination....

Indeed, it may help to explain why the decline in winter deaths this year is *less* “precipitous (to use  @oaksoft’s terminology) than previous years.....

6893441F-E148-43E8-915A-77FAEF0EDBC7.jpeg

E12F4546-28B3-4B65-BA37-4DAC720626A7.jpeg

6883CC6D-ADC6-4F5A-96F0-95CDD65D823C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

You claimed that the decline in deaths this winter was too “precipitous” to be solely down to seasonality.

I’ve highlighted that the decline in winter deaths in 2018 - which was solely down to seasonality - proves that the decline in deaths this winter more than likely *is* solely down to seasonality.

I can repeat this exercise for any year you wish 

FD88B0A0-494A-4988-88EA-83E5A881C719.jpeg

But we didn't have covid in 2018.

2018 is totally irrelevant.

Focus laddie.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

U.K. and Israel have already had their third waves and lead the way in vaccinations.

Notice the link?

Now we already know that the vaccine does not give immediate protection and can actually leave you more susceptible to catching covid for a while.

And we also know that vaccinations require millions of people to attend the same centres.

Looks like this may well be a lethal combination....

Indeed, it may help to explain why the decline in winter deaths this year is *less* “precipitous (to use  @oaksoft’s terminology) than previous years.....

Do we? :lol:

@Sue Denim, why don't you actually compare the only two relevant curves which is the current reduction in cases, deaths and hospitalisations this year with the reduction rate last year (which would have been around May time). No other comparisons are useful.

Then when you've done that, compare the number of hospitalisations and deaths between covid outbreaks this month and any period of covid last year with comparable daily case numbers.

Finally, explain why the case rates for the over 50's have dropped like a stone this month when other age groups are seeing increases. If it's not the vaccines then I'm struggling to see a case for anything else.

14 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Notice the link?

Yeah. Our third wave came before we had widespread vaccinations. And since we started seriously vaccinating (half the population), the virus is coming up against a wall of vaccinated people (as Chris Witty said). That is why we're seeing drastic reductions in cases and the break of the link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths when the EU countries are seeing marked increases in cases and NO breaking of the link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths.

Israel appear to also have broken this link and so for both them and us, the number of daily cases is becoming an increasingly less relevant statistic.

Rejoice Sue. The end may be nigh for all this overly panicky restriction nonsense. Unless of course you fancy a pint in a pub and require a vaccine passport to be allowed in. :lol:

I do love your claim, with absolutely no evidence, that vaccines CAUSE covid. That had me rocking in my chair with laughter. :lol:

The question is whether you are just trolling for a bit of fun between Saints games or whether you genuinely hold these beliefs.

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:

It's obviously lockdown, as lockdown saves lives. That's a fact, apparently.

I know you are joking but I have to say that I've just never been fully convinced that things would have been much different if we had kept things open and let it rip. The reason for saying that is simple. People mixed in supermarkets, in the post offices, in the banks, in offices around the country at work, in delivery centres for the likes of Amazon and thousands of other places. The argument is that without lockdown, deaths and hospitalisations would have been higher but that's a wafer thin argument. There was more than enough breaking of social distancing in all walks of life to have undone and utterly swamped any benefit from lockdown. I'm afraid that we may have trashed the economy for absolutely nothing.

IMO vaccines have been the game changer and we're very lucky to have them. We'll find out once everyone is vaccinated and we see what kind of spikes we get, if any, but the evidence is that vaccines are the way out.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I know you are joking but I have to say that I've just never been fully convinced that things would have been much different if we had kept things open and let it rip. The reason for saying that is simple. People mixed in supermarkets, in the post offices, in the banks, in offices around the country at work, in delivery centres for the likes of Amazon and thousands of other places. The argument is that without lockdown, deaths and hospitalisations would have been higher but that's a wafer thin argument. There was more than enough breaking of social distancing in all walks of life to have undone and utterly swamped any benefit from lockdown. I'm afraid that we may have trashed the economy for absolutely nothing.

IMO vaccines have been the game changer and we're very lucky to have them. We'll find out once everyone is vaccinated and we see what kind of spikes we get if any but the evidence is that vaccines are the way out.

While it's well documented I have had issues with some of the decisions that the government have made how you can say that is beyond me.

Yes, things were relaxed, and I was ok with that,  then the numbers went through the roof.

Cases/deaths reached numbers I never seen coming.

You are an idiot. 

With the home countries starting to relax the current fake lockdown there, almost certainly, be a rise in cases.

Will this materialise into hospitalisations or deaths?

Whatever happens it'll be seized on by various groups shouting about  anything they can to make themselves look pompous. 

I need more popcorn. :jerrry

Another scientist has come out and debunked the information we received last year that the virus can linger on surfaces.

All that sing happy birthday/wash your hands was, seemingly, a load of bollocks. 

It seems the risk is very low, much more chance of catching the virus through airborne transmission. 

Edited by faraway saint

No real surprise...................Dundee currently dealing with similar dickheads. 

Covid: 'Madness' as hundreds descend on Nottingham park

Crowds at Nottingham Arboretum

Pat Robinson, of the Arboretum Residents' Association, said the main culprits were students.

She said: "We are living on a student campus, and they treat the area appallingly.

"I saw so many drunken students, climbing over the railings of the Arboretum, screaming and shouting. There were signs saying no alcohol, but no-one was enforcing it."

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No real surprise...................Dundee currently dealing with similar dickheads. 

Covid: 'Madness' as hundreds descend on Nottingham park

Crowds at Nottingham Arboretum

Pat Robinson, of the Arboretum Residents' Association, said the main culprits were students.

She said: "We are living on a student campus, and they treat the area appallingly.

"I saw so many drunken students, climbing over the railings of the Arboretum, screaming and shouting. There were signs saying no alcohol, but no-one was enforcing it."

The real dickheads are the ones who forced restrictions on them in the first place. 

Lockdowns and restrictions extended the pandemic, delayed herd immunity and forced the vulnerable to be exposed to the virus in healthcare settings for longer, thus increasing the death toll.

Just now, Sue Denim said:

The real dickheads are the ones who forced restrictions on them in the first place. 

Lockdowns and restrictions extended the pandemic, delayed herd immunity and forced the vulnerable to be exposed to the virus in healthcare settings for longer, thus increasing the death toll.

:snore

Chart below compares winter deaths of all causes in Scotland this year against a moderately bad flu season on 2017/18.

As can be clearly seen, covid this winter was no worse than a very recent modestly bad flu season.

And as can also be seen, deaths declined in 17/18 with lockdowns and vaccines.

This quite clearly shows that seasonality is the key. Lockdowns and vaccines make no difference. 

DEEDB0AC-F989-4BA5-855E-FFE334390C5F.jpeg

Graph below is latest NRS data.

Shows covid deaths and non covid excess deaths in Scotland since the start of the pandemic.

As can be seen, in the second wave, as covid deaths go up, non covid excess deaths go down. And as covid deaths go down, non covid excess deaths go up.

A clear and massive misattribution of covid deaths in the second wave.

09897F1F-CA00-4045-B44F-3F4819821496.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Chart below compares winter deaths of all causes in Scotland this year against a moderately bad flu season on 2017/18.

As can be clearly seen, covid this winter was no worse than a very recent modestly bad flu season.

And as can also be seen, deaths declined in 17/18 with lockdowns and vaccines.

This quite clearly shows that seasonality is the key. Lockdowns and vaccines make no difference. 

DEEDB0AC-F989-4BA5-855E-FFE334390C5F.jpeg

What you seem to be actually proving (and I hate the silly idea of this) is that The Buffoon and his attempts to control the pandemic have been very successful in having financed the NHS sufficiently well, and managed the logistics of keeping everyone relatively safe so that the pandemic h=is not having as bad an impact as it might have done.

Forgetting about the (heading for ) 150,000 deaths for which he is responsible.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

What you seem to be actually proving (and I hate the silly idea of this) is that The Buffoon and his attempts to control the pandemic have been very successful in having financed the NHS sufficiently well, and managed the logistics of keeping everyone relatively safe so that the pandemic h=is not having as bad an impact as it might have done.

Forgetting about the (heading for ) 150,000 deaths for which he is responsible.

On the contrary, as can be clearly seen in various examples around the world, Florida v California, Sweden v rest of Europe, et al, lockdowns and restrictions did not reduce the death toll.

Indeed, those countries with the strictest and longest lockdowns have had the highest death tolls. 

What the graph actually proves is that the winter deaths in Scotland this year were no worse than a moderately bad flu year and the deaths declined without lockdowns or vaccines

And yes indeed, Boris and the Scottish buffoon, Sturgeon are indeed responsible for thousands of deaths *caused* by the lockdown.

And those who called for and supported those lockdowns are also responsible.

Your virtue, their death. 

In believing that a government could control a virus, its incredible that [mention=15031]antrin[/mention] and so many millions of other people haven’t really advanced from 12th century thinking. 
DB7443FC-D9F6-4E8D-8930-A39D81D0089D.jpeg.b519713253b775c0a854ba49af1456f0.jpeg
Yeah, that would have been the 11th century.