Coronavirus

faraway saint

3 hours ago, antrin said:

What you seem to be actually proving (and I hate the silly idea of this) is that The Buffoon and his attempts to control the pandemic have been very successful in having financed the NHS sufficiently well, and managed the logistics of keeping everyone relatively safe so that the pandemic h=is not having as bad an impact as it might have done.

Forgetting about the (heading for ) 150,000 deaths for which he is responsible.

He's proved nothing.

He's comparing flu with a more virulent and deadly coronavirus and expecting to say something meaningful from the data. He may as well put up data from the peach growing season in Spain.

He's proved nothing.
He's comparing flu with a more virulent and deadly coronavirus and expecting to say something meaningful from the data. He may as well put up data from the peach growing season in Spain.
No Eastern Europeans allowed in to pick the fruit, so most of it has gone to waste - aw naw, haud oan, that's us.

So the critical numbers, hospital admissions and deaths, continue to fall in Scotland, despite it being a fake lockdown where most people are doing what they want, the only difference is there's nothing open.

The vaccination program will be having an effect but it'll be interesting to see what happens when things start to open up,

Hold onto your hats. 

While the UK government has, clearly, made mistakes throughout this we can take some solace we don't have the French President in charge.

The understanding of Covid has improved considerably over the last year except in France seemingly.

President Macron has stubbornly refused to support the vaccine, denied any responsibility in ignoring the warning signs in January and France is now stuck in another lockdown with hospitals struggling to cope.

The French Trump. 

Vive la France. 

A look at the “third wave” in Europe, Italy in particular which is going into strict lockdown for Easter amid a “surge” in cases.

First graph shows the third surge in cases - so that is true right enough - albeit cases are now actually falling.

But second graph shows a huge surge in testing. So, doh, you test more and you’ll find more cases.

Third graph shows that the % of tests which are positive has been relatively flat and is now actually also declining.

And last graph shows that mortality in Italy is currently normal.

This is Europe’s third wave. Lunacy.

I await the usual ad hominem attacks and evidence free replies from the usual middle class lefties and their useful idiots. 😘

2A84DA0A-CFD1-47B9-82E2-F039C5269333.jpeg

5F03B191-A5A5-4C8C-BC9E-F2E620AB69CD.jpeg

6B0B6838-BEE2-4BA0-B7B8-3DC610D8A883.jpeg

F4CB09FB-F950-4F83-9386-C355A61C0593.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

A look at the “third wave” in Europe, Italy in particular which is going into strict lockdown for Easter amid a “surge” in cases.

First graph shows the third surge in cases - so that is true right enough - albeit cases are now actually falling.

But second graph shows a huge surge in testing. So, doh, you test more and you’ll find more cases.

Third graph shows that the % of tests which are positive has been relatively flat and is now actually also declining.

I await the usual ad hominem attacks and evidence free replies from the usual middle class lefties and their useful idiots. 😘

Would be more interested to know if you stand by the claim that "the pandemic was over in May" despite your own visuals here apparently showing that was not the case? Wonder what you now believe to be true. 

1. These stats are wrong.

2. The pandemic was not over 11 months ago. 

3. Italy is a complete outlier in the world and has had a localised epidemic during this time. 

Or you know, something supposedly related to political class and left wing value. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Can you tell me why your graphs compare the up to date figures for everything but the XS death rate. How can you compare the XS 2 months ago with today's test and incidence figures?

Can you tell me why your graphs compare the up to date figures for everything but the XS death rate. How can you compare the XS 2 months ago with today's test and incidence figures?
He obviously ignored the figures that show unfortunately, there is an increase in deaths that can clearly show a third wave.

Screenshot_20210404-081359_Chrome.jpeg

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

What makes you sure this article is stating facts? That headline for a start, looks like it was wrtten by a child.

The one thing I won't miss when this is all done is the copius amounts of wilful bullshitting being engaged in by seemingly everyone.

Nobody seems to be remotely interested in the truth - just finding things which back their view.

We are seeing the very worst of the internet and social media. The internet was designed to give everyone access to information, facts and opinions. Right now though it seems to be adding no value to anything and that's a real shame.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What makes you sure this article is stating facts? That headline for a start, looks like it was wrtten by a child.

The one thing I won't miss when this is all done is the copius amounts of wilful bullshitting being engaged in by seemingly everyone.

Nobody seems to be remotely interested in the truth - just finding things which back their view.

We are seeing the very worst of the internet and social media. The internet was designed to give everyone access to information, facts and opinions. Right now though it seems to be adding no value to anything and that's a real shame.

The internet is basically a modern version of “ a guy down the pub told me” 

89D037AD-0D37-4672-91DD-F433A7498944.jpeg

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Log off then, you've got that many people on ignore, dismissing everyone as idiots and generally just being your usual pompous self, you add next to nothing anyway.

No mates isn't an exaggeration for you. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Several other points of evidence linking the same information and the very reliable and respected source IFLS is. 

6 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The internet is basically a modern version of “ a guy down the pub told me” 

89D037AD-0D37-4672-91DD-F433A7498944.jpeg

Ricky Gervais summed it up really well.

The world is full of people who are taking hard-core positions on absolutely everything based on the square root of f**k all actual knowledge or a 5 minute Google search.

Their positions are not well thought out and simple questions expose this and they then turn to abuse to defend themselves. It's a ridiculous state of affairs.

I blame our schooling system which actively suppresses individuality and quashes any questioning or scrutiny of authority. People then leave school unable to debate properly or even discuss contentious issues without fighting and this rarely gets corrected. Don't even get me started on the issue of so many school leavers unable to understand basic home finances, unable to write properly, unable to spell in many cases and unable to understand the basics of their chosen subject when they start university. The standard of submitted work at university level (even amongst the best students) needs to be seen to be believed (glad I'm out of academia now). If I was king, I'd sack every school teacher and start again from scratch. An almost worthless profession in its current form.

Anyway, that's my 2am rant over. :D

Edited by oaksoft

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Several other points of evidence linking the same information and the very reliable and respected source IFLS is. 

I might be mis-reading the article but the author claims there were 3,358,814 deaths in the US with an excess of 503,976 and provides a link to a JAMA article as evidence. That JAMA article actually states that there were 2 801 439 deaths in the last year with an excess of 522 368.

Also, you can't credibly compare absolute deaths with previous years because population growth makes that illogical. The population of the US has more than doubled since 1955 for example and has more than  trebled since 1900. It's a fatal error to any analysis whatsoever. The author states this so he understands his error but he doesn't correct the heading. The heading and the premise of the article is rendered meaningless at this point.

Someone is either manipulating data or has made a mistake.

Maybe it's me.

Edited by oaksoft

Ricky Gervais summed it up really well.
The world is full of people who are taking hard-core positions on absolutely everything based on the square root of f**k all actual knowledge or a 5 minute Google search.
Their positions are not well thought out and simple questions expose this and they then turn to abuse to defend themselves. It's a ridiculous state of affairs.
I blame our schooling system which actively suppresses individuality and quashes any questioning or scrutiny of authority. People then leave school unable to debate properly or even discuss contentious issues without fighting and this rarely gets corrected. Don't even get me started on the issue of so many school leavers unable to understand basic home finances, unable to write properly, unable to spell in many cases and unable to understand the basics of their chosen subject when they start university. The standard of submitted work at university level (even amongst the best students) needs to be seen to be believed (glad I'm out of academia now). If I was king, I'd sack every school teacher and start again from scratch. An almost worthless profession in its current form.
Anyway, that's my 2am rant over. [emoji3]
For spelling I excuse teachers and blame mobile phone operators who thought it wise to charge per letter at the xkluzn ov vwlz!