Coronavirus

faraway saint

Disagree with you & I feel the content shows that. You have the right to your view but I’m not going to share it. 

‘happy to do that for anyone’ not sure what you’re referencing here but hopefully it is putting the past behind us for the good of the thread. A tip (for all actually, including myself sometimes) is to read the post, not the username.
I did.
I saw someone claim FACTS...
I saw the same person admit ... Nae emphasize that his facts were merely his opinions.
He now denies that.

Total isolation to this one thread.

The idiot is trying to save face by continually throwing in curve balls... So funny.

He is arguing against his own statement!

Now... I mention only his humiliation in this one thread.

He could cut his losses and skulk off if he wished!

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I did.
I saw someone claim FACTS...
I saw the same person admit ... Nae emphasize that his facts were merely his opinions.
He now denies that.

Total isolation to this one thread.

The idiot is trying to save face by continually throwing in curve balls... So funny.

He is arguing against his own statement!

Now... I mention only his humiliation in this one thread.

He could cut his losses and skulk off if he wished!

That isn’t what happened, you won’t change that by spinning/ ignoring content. 

You’re again getting upset, hitting out with personal insults & trying to mask your upset with (incorrect) claims you find this ‘funny’ You're embarrassing yourself.

I imagine you’ll cringe at this when you sober up. I feel like I’m your equivalent to a drunk dial. 😂

That isn’t what happened, you won’t change that by spinning/ ignoring content. 

You’re again getting upset, hitting out with personal insults & trying to mask your upset with (incorrect) claims you find this ‘funny’ You're embarrassing yourself.

I imagine you’ll cringe at this when you sober up. I feel like I’m your equivalent to a drunk dial. [emoji23]
So now, as usual, you bring alcohol into the equation simply because you are out of options. Wrong too. That's FACT, not mere opinion.
I know you have difficulty differentiating!

You stated something as fact.
I queried it.
You admitted that your fact was merely your opinion.

It could have ended there and then. It really could have. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So now, as usual, you bring alcohol into the equation simply because you are out of options. Wrong too. That's FACT, not mere opinion.
I know you have difficulty differentiating!

You stated something as fact.
I queried it.
You admitted that your fact was merely your opinion.

It could have ended there and then. It really could have. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

What I stated was fact, I have been completely consistent on that, you queried it because despite the (also) fact that you agree with me, you’d rather dance around word games than admit that.
I played up to your upset, regarding people using the word ‘fact’ on BAWA, even to the extent where I capitalised to elevate my point & you predictably nearly wet yourself with excitement 😂

You have shown you are such a small minded person, you won’t put this all behind us for the good of the forum. Very sad. Would you like the last word you’re desperate for though, is that the win you need? 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What I stated was fact, I have been completely consistent on that, you queried it because despite the (also) fact that you agree with me, you’d rather dance around word games than admit that.
I played up to your upset, regarding people using the word ‘fact’ on BAWA, even to the extent where I capitalised to elevate my point & you predictably nearly wet yourself with excitement [emoji23]
You have shown you are such a small minded person, you won’t put this all behind us for the good of the forum. Very sad. Would you like the last word you’re desperate for though, is that the win you need? 

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I see the Scottish Government are trying to get their emergency powers extended till at least next March.

Given they estimate that the vast majority of the adult population will be vaccinated in a couple of months, not sure what the justification for this is, apart from a blatant attempt to retain archaic powers by wee Nicky and her entourage. 

For those not paying attention, current coronavirus legislation allows for a whole range of government organisations to not meet their legal obligations. This, of course, disproportionately affects the vulnerable.

Absolutely scandalous.

She's also asking for furlough to be extended.

Normally, I'm quite optimistic about things but I'm getting a horrible feeling that we won't see all restrictions removed until everyone is doubly vaccinated, winter is over, deaths and hospitalisations have gone to zero, cases have gone to zero and we've doubly vaccinated virtually everyone in every non-third world country.

That will be next summer.

August is really the deadline for double vaccinations. Beyond that we're into flu season and there's just no way she'll open up at a time like that.

More than happy to be wrong about this but I do think we're looking at another year of this.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

She's also asking for furlough to be extended.

Normally, I'm quite optimistic about things but I'm getting a horrible feeling that we won't see all restrictions removed until everyone is doubly vaccinated, winter is over, deaths and hospitalisations have gone to zero, cases have gone to zero and we've doubly vaccinated virtually everyone in every non-third world country.

That will be next summer.

August is really the deadline for double vaccinations. Beyond that we're into flu season and there's just no way she'll open up at a time like that.

More than happy to be wrong about this but I do think we're looking at another year of this.

Restrictions, in the vast majority of areas, are already as good as gone.

Those that are still in place have a very minor effect on the day to day life of the majority of the public, and the public, on the whole, have been leading a "normal" life for quite some time. 

With Scotland currently split between level 1 & level 2 this is what you CAN'T do..........add in restrictions on foreign holidays, which, IMO, will ease with each passing month, and it's not exactly where we were at stages last year.

What must close at Level 2

Places and business that must close at Level 2 include:

• soft play, nightclubs and adult entertainment       

What must close at Level 1

Places and business that must close at Level 1 include:

• nightclubs and adult entertainment

At the moment cases are rising, but as usual, the media and government, are making the most of these when the reality is the NUMBERS are relatively low and, more importantly, there aren't the same results in ICU & deaths, which is key.

Seriously, though…

…this pandemic’s been great for me.

I've recently been able to upgrade by 20G.

2CV jabs courtesy of Mr Gates = 10G, they say…

I got a precautionary(after that particular cuddy had well bolted) Shingles jag yesterday. Another 5G, surely?

And I’ve been asked to pop along for a “pneumonia” jag in a fortnight. I’m thinking, “Pneumonia? Surely worth 10G…”, but I’ll accept a baseline of 5G for that.

it all adds up….

20G.

I’ll be able to watch the Euros on the inside of my eyelids, with sound surround.  :)

RESULT!

21 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It’s a can of worms subject, personally I don’t think Christian beliefs or values are as virtuous as you make out.

It’s a faith (like practically all others) born out of intolerance & the barbaric practices of a less developed people. 

And you consider yourself to be an example of a better developed group?  Well, whitever

ANYHOO, would you not agree that better developed people can look into a particular faith, as it is taught and followed today, take on board the good parts of the message and make their own mind up about the old-testament stuff (incidentally, written before anyone had heard of christ, never mind christians (they were a rubbish band anyway))

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

And you consider yourself to be an example of a better developed group?  Well, whitever

ANYHOO, would you not agree that better developed people can look into a particular faith, as it is taught and followed today, take on board the good parts of the message and make their own mind up about the old-testament stuff (incidentally, written before anyone had heard of christ, never mind christians (they were a rubbish band anyway))

I feel they could (and do). However I feel far more strongly that Christianity like any other organised religion has become a dated way of life and that is only going one way over the coming centuries/ millennia in the human story.

Like I say it is an emotive subject, I don't believe though it is a sign of worse developed to challenge religious belief and the stories behind them. Including intolerance which is not exclusive to the OT, far from it. 

Edited by bazil85

I liked the band! [emoji41][emoji12]FB_IMG_1623342651776.jpeg

Desperate for the last word... :whistle
FFS!
I had stopped replying to you!

I was sharing a joke with BoK.

You really have issues! We both know that EVERY SINGLE conversation we have ever had has only ended when I let you have the last word, as I did last night!

Now have your reply then kindly feck off!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

FFS!
I had stopped replying to you!

I was sharing a joke with BoK.

You really have issues! We both know that EVERY SINGLE conversation we have ever had has only ended when I let you have the last word, as I did last night!

Now have your reply then kindly feck off!

Lol, that almost suggests you don't crave my attention. ^^^^ :byebye

Better developed people??? What the f**k does that mean?

More knowledgeable - yes (but mainly because a relatively small amount of people have investigated, discovered and invented then disseminated that information to others in various ways), but better developed - no. I don't even know how you would begin to measure something like that.

24 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Better developed people??? What the f**k does that mean?

More knowledgeable - yes (but mainly because a relatively small amount of people have investigated, discovered and invented then disseminated that information to others in various ways), but better developed - no. I don't even know how you would begin to measure something like that.

Can feel one of Slartis famous pedantic breakdowns coming on here. 😂

You just can't help yourself. :1eye
As the old saying goes "accuracy is often mistaken for pedantry by the less intelligent".

To be fair, it wasn't bok that first mentioned the term but I didn't want to get into a discussion with Beetlejuice.