Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

Pretty sure there wasn't so you just put in a password and that should work bud.

Cheers to you and faraway for the info.

I am not looking to get away anywhere till Sep, when i am hoping to get to America for medical reason for my wife so i am not in a rush for it.

Since the Yanks are well ahead of the vaccine just like the UK i am hoping their won't be a problem getting entry. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Got my unique username but don't recall a password that is being ask for. 

When you register online using that username it'll ask you to create a password.

ETA Oh FFS, I'm late to the party as usual. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Three people have died in Scotland due to coronavirus vaccine adverse-effects, latest official data shows.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) published a new report, saying: “There have been three deaths in Scotland where the underlying cause of death was adverse effects of Covid-19 vaccines.”

NRS said the deaths were in the context of 2.81 million people having been given at least one dose of a vaccine by April 30, according to figures from Public Health Scotland.

Three people have died in Scotland due to coronavirus vaccine adverse-effects, latest official data shows.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) published a new report, saying: “There have been three deaths in Scotland where the underlying cause of death was adverse effects of Covid-19 vaccines.”

NRS said the deaths were in the context of 2.81 million people having been given at least one dose of a vaccine by April 30, according to figures from Public Health Scotland.

I wonder why a certain someone hasn't been on bemoaning the human cost of the vaccine? After all, one death is one too many, lives before everything else, etc etc.

I found this interesting, the latest figures from the ONS report that less people have died (of any cause) in England and Wales from March until now than any other year in the last five. Deaths from pneumonia and influenza are roughly 7-8 times higher than Covid deaths. I think the media are milking the Covid story for everything it’s got. Good news doesn’t sell paper’s.

2142A900-D692-4EEA-9831-E8C840F31DB5.jpeg

12 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I found this interesting, the latest figures from the ONS report that less people have died (of any cause) in England and Wales from March until now than any other year in the last five. Deaths from pneumonia and influenza are roughly 7-8 times higher than Covid deaths. I think the media are milking the Covid story for everything it’s got. Good news doesn’t sell paper’s.

2142A900-D692-4EEA-9831-E8C840F31DB5.jpeg

I guess that you are implying that COVID isn't the big killer that we have been told?  Apologies if  I'm wrong there.

It would be great if it were that simple, but i think it is probably not

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oops. :lol:

Update, the genius that is Mrs Faraway has kept my letter.

Registered. :thumbs2

Same this end FS, apparently Mrs Weebud kept them for posterity 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I guess that you are implying that COVID isn't the big killer that we have been told?  Apologies if  I'm wrong there.

It would be great if it were that simple, but i think it is probably not

I am not implying it, it’s the governments own figures . Covid  isn’t the biggest killer (anymore) as pneumonia and influenza are killing 7 times more people. I was highlighting the good news that is within this recent update that the media don’t seem to be focusing on I.e between March- May the mortality rate in England and Wales was at its lowest point in the last five years. Like I said, good news doesn’t sell newspapers. 

6 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I am not implying it, it’s the governments own figures . Covid  isn’t the biggest killer (anymore) as pneumonia and influenza are killing 7 times more people. I was highlighting the good news that is within this recent update that the media don’t seem to be focusing on I.e between March- May the mortality rate in England and Wales was at its lowest point in the last five years. Like I said, good news doesn’t sell newspapers. 

And this is the key point.

Some people are never prepared to see we are close, not there yet, to getting back to normal.

The media have been focusing on India (numbers big, population massive) new variants (having little effect, if any) and the rise in certain areas in Scotland (just over 100 per 100,000 people)

Aye, fingers crossed in a very short time all this shite, social distancing, masks etc, will be in the past, although some people will choose to continue living in fear. 

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

For me, all that the figures demonstrate is that the NHS is currently dealing with the pandemic much better, having found - during the carnage of fatalities - more and differing ways of treating patients successfully.

The NHS, despite that success, is still skating on very thin ice as the virus mutates and could do so into yet another virus-resistant state for which we have no answers.  Yet.

Also...

”between March- May the mortality rate in England and Wales was at its lowest point in the last five years.”.

.....this positive slant of yours is easily explained away by recognising that in the last 18 months Covid had already slaughtered tens of thousands of those elderly, obese and less fit members of society who would have reached top of the line during those months.

The only good news I see in this, is the skill and dedication of scientists and doctors finding more and better ways to cope.

The fat lady - that you think should be singing - probably succumbed to Covid in the Autumn.  

It ain’t over. There’s still a fat bastard in power misdirecting our progress through the pandemic.

Edited by antrin

Covid Vaccination Passports now available free from NHS Scotland if required.

Screenshot_20210519-152222_Chrome.thumb.jpeg.148ae5dd902b8c0e30dd3119a4864e24.jpeg53314566_Screenshot_20210519-152238_Chrome2.thumb.jpeg.bf032652fe70172c387df13d1f85408a.jpeg
You seem to be well informed about these things @Cookie Monster, any idea how they work the queue, is it your practice that decides the order?

My missus is 7 months younger than me and doesn't have any underlying listed health conditions (I'm diabetic) but she had her first before me and gets her second on Sunday while I'm still waiting to hear. The only thing I can think of is that my diabetes has been ignored by whoever decides (it's well controlled) and it's being done in alphabetical order (we're not married, her surname's D, mine M).

I'm not bothered, just curious.

ETA just logged in and my second jag is a week on Sunday

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

You seem to be well informed about these things @Cookie Monster, any idea how they work the queue, is it your practice that decides the order?

My missus is 7 months younger than me and doesn't have any underlying listed health conditions (I'm diabetic) but she had her first before me and gets her second on Sunday while I'm still waiting to hear. The only thing I can think of is that my diabetes has been ignored by whoever decides (it's well controlled) and it's being done in alphabetical order (we're not married, her surname's D, mine M).

I believe that the “underlying health list” is supplied by your GP to the NHS. Like you I have serious underlying health conditions which should have meant that I was taken as per the guidelines on those u65 with pre-existing conditions but was ignored by my surgery.

I only got my 1st jab 4 weeks ago. It’s definitely a postcode lottery. My wife and I attended at the same time with neighbours and people from the village we know who all have surnames beginning B & C. My wife is Irish and has lived up here for 15 years and did not even have an NHS Scotland ID as she has never been ill - until she had the vaccine which impacted her really badly. First days off sick I have known her to have in 23 years. The nurse taking me was aghast that I had not been vaccinated up to now. I’m in my mid 50’s to give some context.

I’ve not complained. No point. I’m just happy for those who have received their vaccinations as the consequences of catching this respiratory illness can be lethal. I know what its like to have your lungs fail and basically drown.

Edited by Yflab

3 hours ago, antrin said:

For me, all that the figures demonstrate is that the NHS is currently dealing with the pandemic much better, having found - during the carnage of fatalities - more and differing ways of treating patients successfully.

The NHS, despite that success, is still skating on very thin ice as the virus mutates and could do so into yet another virus-resistant state for which we have no answers.  Yet.

Also...

”between March- May the mortality rate in England and Wales was at its lowest point in the last five years.”.

.....this positive slant of yours is easily explained away by recognising that in the last 18 months Covid had already slaughtered tens of thousands of those elderly, obese and less fit members of society who would have reached top of the line during those months.

The only good news I see in this, is the skill and dedication of scientists and doctors finding more and better ways to cope.

The fat lady - that you think should be singing - probably succumbed to Covid in the Autumn.  

It ain’t over. There’s still a fat bastard in power misdirecting our progress through the pandemic.

Aye. It's called a vaccine.

This post illustrates the very problem many people face now after a year of fear mongering. Letting go of that fear is going to be a nightmare for many.

There will always be another variant despite all evidence showing that our vaccines deal with it. And when there isn't, there will always be the fear of another variant appearing from the mists.

Then when others stop being afraid of this thing, the "don't you care about the hundred and forty thousand who got killed?" will be hauled out of their pocket. They will never drop the fear and will never allow others to move on either.

BTW, the NHS is skating on very thin ice is it?

There's less than 100 people in hospital across the entire country and about 4 people in ICU.

How on earth is that very thin ice?

Edited by oaksoft

Big hat, names all in.

Facebook has it flaws, but if you've not got any wallopers as friends it can be useful for information. Have noticed a pattern regarding vaccinations where it does show it is postcode and doctors surgery based and you can work out when you're due.

Also getting the info early like through the website I posted you can if require get an more suitable time/date for your vaccination.

4 hours ago, antrin said:

The fat lady - that you think should be singing - 

It ain’t over. There’s still a fat bitch in power misdirecting our progress through the pandemic.

Has Nichola put on weight.  :whistle

1 hour ago, pod said:

Has Nichola put on weight.  :whistle

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Aye. It's called a vaccine.

This post illustrates the very problem many people face now after a year of fear mongering. Letting go of that fear is going to be a nightmare for many.

There will always be another variant despite all evidence showing that our vaccines deal with it. And when there isn't, there will always be the fear of another variant appearing from the mists.

Then when others stop being afraid of this thing, the "don't you care about the hundred and forty thousand who got killed?" will be hauled out of their pocket. They will never drop the fear and will never allow others to move on either.

BTW, the NHS is skating on very thin ice is it?

There's less than 100 people in hospital across the entire country and about 4 people in ICU.

How on earth is that very thin ice?

Vaccines are preventatives, not treatments.  Nobody ever recovered from an illness by simply taking a vaccine once infected.

Ask a scientist, if you know one.  They should be able to explain.

The last few sentences are just plain daft, surely you remember the effect of  the explosion of cases last year?  There are still millions of people at risk who have had no or only one vaccination.