Coronavirus

faraway saint

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Have you done some digging or just getting excited by the headlines?

The common theme is low vaccination rates, resulting in massive rises in cases but still, overall, not the same rises in ICU & deaths. 

The numbers worth worrying about are not rising, in Scotland, and most European countries, with cases. 

Germany, for instance, are at an average of 187 deaths, which, admittedly, have risen from an average of 50-60 6 weeks ago. 

Also many of the countries where the numbers are rising are ex-eastern block, with poor health systems.

Getting back to Scotland, the numbers, cases, ICU and deaths, don't point towards increasing current restrictions. 

As I said, apples to oranges. 

Agree with you with the common theme if low vaccinations, when Austria announced the lockdown for the unjabbed the rates through Europe were quite bad with Germany being the highest with 67% vaccinated, it doesn't take much to realise why cases are rising in Europe.

I just wish down here we would follow Scotland and Wales approach with vaccination passports for events etc, does appear to help.

11 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Agree with you with the common theme if low vaccinations, when Austria announced the lockdown for the unjabbed the rates through Europe were quite bad with Germany being the highest with 67% vaccinated, it doesn't take much to realise why cases are rising in Europe.

I just wish down here we would follow Scotland and Wales approach with vaccination passports for events etc, does appear to help.

For me, the science is saying "be worried about the winter months" it would be reckless and irresponsible for the Scottish/ other UK governments not to consider the need for further restrictions in the coming months.

You'd think after 20 odd months of this virus continuing to throw up issues, people would finally accept that listening to the science longer term makes sense when we look at the need for restrictions. 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, faraway saint said:

Caught a bit of a news repost the Scottish government are scaremongering again.

The FACTS are that the cases, hospital admissions and deaths are flatlining yet they are putting the message out there that the vaccine passport system might be spread to pubs? 

FFS, when is this madness going to follow common sense and slowly be removed from our society? 

Would it still be in place is one person died? 

So

If existing measures are apparently bearing fruit as we open up additional sectors, they shouldn't be applied to places already open but currently not covered?  What would the reason for that be?

Is there evidence that there is no transmission in pubs?

Facts, please.

I have noticed that in my visits to the supermarket, very few people are now cleaning the handle of the trolley before entering.

Also no real change to seeing males pee with 1 hand while looking at their phone with the other, and then bailing out of the toilets  :o

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I have noticed that in my visits to the supermarket, very few people are now cleaning the handle of the trolley before entering.

Also no real change to seeing males pee with 1 hand while looking at their phone with the other, and then bailing out of the toilets  :o

Probably using the "enlarge" function-not a lot wrong with that.  Maybe they are streaming whilst doing a streamie 

Personally, I hadn't noticed anyone peeing in Morrisons.

15 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I heard that Austria are making vaccines compulsory, that'll cause a few breakdowns for the "human rights" brigade. 

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Another small, but noticeable, sign we, well the cave dwellers apart, are all but living a normal life.

I'm attending a concert in Glasgow tonight, it seems mask wearing "during" the concert is required?

Surely to feck that's not happening, that would severely detract from the event and is no different, numbers apart, from sitting in a bar or restaurant. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Another small, but noticeable, sign we, well the cave dwellers apart, are all but living a normal life.

I'm attending a concert in Glasgow tonight, it seems mask wearing "during" the concert is required?

Surely to feck that's not happening, that would severely detract from the event and is no different, numbers apart, from sitting in a bar or restaurant. 

Don’t know why they would require you to wear a mask when a 50k football stadium doesn’t 
Who you going to see?

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

It sounds like you have carried out extensive research on the subject. I look forward to seeing your thesis, which I'm sure will be pee-er reviewed.

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Well, mask wearing wasn't enforced, just as well from an enjoyment point of view, would have reduced the enjoyment.

Most, not all, of the acts we're good or better, special mention to Marmalade, outstanding and, as the last act, really were spot on vocally and musically.

So, as expected, wee Nicky has shat the bed again.

Over the last month in Scotland......................

Cases...............................down

ICU....................flat lined 

Deaths.....................down

Hospital admissions.................down

Yet, despite the FACTS, restrictions increased, further hurting business's still trying to recover from months of closure.

The public still have a part to play, only 80% of the population have had the first vaccination, 72% having the 2nd and just over 20% the booster.

Heard a tragic case of a young mother, who was also pregnant, who died while she DIDN'T have even the first vaccination.

Her devastated father said, aye get this, she, being a young mother, couldn't find the time. :blink:

Yet, despite the FACTS, restrictions increased, further hurting business's still trying to recover from months of closure.
The public still have a part to play, only 80% of the population have had the first vaccination, 72% having the 2nd and just over 20% the booster.
Heard a tragic case of a young mother, who was also pregnant, who died while she DIDN'T have even the first vaccination.
Her devastated father said, aye get this, she, being a young mother, couldn't find the time. :blink:
What restrictions increased? I thought things had stayed the same, though I just read a wee bit.

16 minutes ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What restrictions increased? I thought things had stayed the same, though I just read a wee bit.

My apologies, not what I initially misread.......................not increased, I will send wee Nicky a full apology. 

PS Maybe she read my view and stayed strong, despite a couple of cave dwellers on here still cowering in their darkened rooms? 

• Vaccine passports require nightclubs and large venues to only allow entry to people who can show they have been double jabbed.
  • However, Ms Sturgeon said that, from Monday 6 December, a negative lateral flow test will also allow entry.
Edited by faraway saint

My apologies, not what I initially misread.......................not increased, I will send wee Nicky a full apology. 
PS Maybe she read my view and stayed strong, despite a couple of cave dwellers on here still cowering in their darkened rooms? 
  • Vaccine passports require nightclubs and large venues to only allow entry to people who can show they have been double jabbed.
  • However, Ms Sturgeon said that, from Monday 6 December, a negative lateral flow test will also allow entry.
Can you let me know when I can switch my light back on? [emoji16]

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:snore

Aye, because you really keep the forum going with your cheery and interesting posts. :lol:

And what cheery and interesting posts have you ever contributed to the forum? You are almost single handedly killing this forum. You are a bore and a fool. You continually claim anyone who dares out you as the fool. You are a scourge on this site and chase anyone who is actually interesting away from it.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And what cheery and interesting posts have you ever contributed to the forum? You are almost single handedly killing this forum. You are a bore and a fool. You continually claim anyone who dares out you as the fool. You are a scourge on this site and chase anyone who is actually interesting away from it.

YOU use the word "fool" on almost every post, try looking in the mirror, although you might want to sit down, don't want you having a heart attack. :byebye

As for a bore, irony at it's best. 🤡

"Chase people away" :lol:

Edited by faraway saint