Jump to content

Coronavirus


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts



The idea of vaccine passports to limit where they can go and what they can do is an abomination which should be opposed. The last year has been a horror show in terms of how easily people are willing to give up hard-fought- for every day freedoms in the name of "safety". That has been a real eye opener.


You don't know we have this already.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Slarti said:

To me, refusing the vaccine is akin to parents refusing their kids medical treatment on religious grounds.  One person makes the decision and another potentially pays for it, and all based on uncorroborated pseudo-scientific and/or faith based nonsense.  If it would only affect that person (e.g. non-infectious) then fair enough but here is very little in life that only affects a single person, whether that be infection or taking up medical resources/time if/when that person does get "whatever it is".

 

IMO, if someone gets infected with something for which they have previously been offered and refused a vaccine, then they should be charged for the medical treatment that they are given if/when they are infected with that something - if there is space for them at the surgery/hospital in the first place as they should go to the end of the queue.  I also think, among other similar things, that smokers should go to the end of the queue for lung transplants etc. as well as having to pay if/when they do get a transplant - and this is coming from someone who has smoked for over 40 years.

100%, feck them all onto some shitty island and let them enjoy their choice together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

100%, feck them all onto some shitty island and let them enjoy their choice together. 

All it would take is for one of them to take it onto the island, then ...

 

It would raise the average IQ in the world in short time. :D

Edited by Slarti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Slarti said:

IMO, if someone gets infected with something for which they have previously been offered and refused a vaccine, then they should be charged for the medical treatment that they are given if/when they are infected with that something - if there is space for them at the surgery/hospital in the first place as they should go to the end of the queue.  I also think, among other similar things, that smokers should go to the end of the queue for lung transplants etc. as well as having to pay if/when they do get a transplant - and this is coming from someone who has smoked for over 40 years.

You just can't buy this level of left wing "compassion". :lol:

When the Tories come out with this stuff you are all over it.

You are free to believe what you want.

It'll never happen though and that's a good thing.

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You just can't buy this level of left wing "compassion". :lol:

When the Tories come out with this stuff you are all over it.

You are free to believe what you want.

It'll never happen though and that's a good thing.

How is this "left wing"?

Can you show me an example of me being "all over" anything from the Tories?

I am?  Thank f**k you are here to inform me of that.

I know it won't happen and that's not a good thing.  I thought you believed in taking responsibility for your own actions and accepting the consequences of such actions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slarti said:

How is this "left wing"?

 

 

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

For someone that claimed they were so clever you do seem to be a bit slow in the understanding that there is already restrictions in place for folk that aren't already vaccinated. emoji848.png

Whit?

Have you and Cookie both been smoking weed today or something? :lol:

Enjoy your nights folks. I'm not getting dragged into whatever twilight world the pair of you have conjured up today.

 

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that oaky ever goes anywhere but it seems if you don't play the game you will not be allowed to spread Covid.

I'm all for it, saves me, my family/friends and the NHS dealing with fcukwits.

The government has warned it could make coronavirus vaccine "passports" mandatory for large venues.

On Monday, Boris Johnson confirmed that England’s unlocking of restrictions will go ahead as planned on 19 July.

This will mean almost all legal restrictions on social contact will be removed.

Nightclubs can reopen from next Monday and the entertainment industry has welcomed the decision not to make domestic COVID vaccine passports mandatory at live events.

However, a government document, Moving To Step 4 Of The Roadmap, published on Monday evening, reveals that the NHS COVID Pass, which shows vaccination details or test results, could be made mandatory in future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Slarti said:

How is this "left wing"?

Can you show me an example of me being "all over" anything from the Tories?

I am?  Thank f**k you are here to inform me of that.

I know it won't happen and that's not a good thing.  I thought you believed in taking responsibility for your own actions and accepting the consequences of such actions.

When he makes stuff up and is challenged the response below is his standard, deflection.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

 

Whit?

Have you and Cookie both been smoking weed today or something? :lol:

Enjoy your nights folks. I'm not getting dragged into whatever twilight world the pair of you have conjured up today.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some more good news, the cases on Scotland are looking like they are levelling off/dropping. 

The tragic deaths are still very low and also look like they are levelling off.

Hospital numbers are still rising, but again, are still low compared to the numbers back in Jan/Feb.

ICU numbers are following a similar pattern.

With the cases levelling off I'd hope the hospital/ICU/deaths numbers will start to fall. 

Highest numbers in hospital are in the 35-44 age group. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Swinney confirms masks are still very likely to be mandatory by Christmas.

Which means they'll be with us until next summer because there's not the slightest chance they'll be removed in the middle of flu season.

You really have got to laugh or you'd go crazy. :lol:

Enjoy everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Short period of lockdown to protect the NHS

Longer lockdown, we need to protect the NHS

OK - the NHS is fine, but just another few weeks to flatten the curve until the vulnerable are vaccinated

The vulnerable are vaccinated but just another few weeks, we're being cautious

We know almost everyone is vaccinated but cases are still high

Oh wait, it's almost flu season, further restrictions likely to continue over winter

Climate restrictions set to be agreed at COP26 in November 

I fully expect restrictions to be the new normal, especially regarding travel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Short period of lockdown to protect the NHS

Longer lockdown, we need to protect the NHS

OK - the NHS is fine, but just another few weeks to flatten the curve until the vulnerable are vaccinated

The vulnerable are vaccinated but just another few weeks, we're being cautious

We know almost everyone is vaccinated but cases are still high

Oh wait, it's almost flu season, further restrictions likely to continue over winter

Climate restrictions set to be agreed at COP26 in November 

I fully expect restrictions to be the new normal, especially regarding travel

It's never going to end Doakes. I'm waiting for the "ah but we should mask-up to eliminate flu" crowd to pipe up. One of the Independent Sage members has already voiced that opinion. Susan Michie (?) believes we should NEVER give up masks. Are people really up for that? A lifetime of masking up? Seriously?

Once certain people get a power rush they really struggle to give it up.

Some of these scientists who are on the TV and radio everyday probably didn't speak to anyone outside academia prior to covid. Now they are inundated with people following their every word and they are drunk on that high. That why Jason Leitch makes stupid egotistical comments like "don't even bother to pick up the phone to me" regarding crowds of 500. Where does he get off talkinhg to anyone like that? Nobody elected this twat but he's sounding off like he's in charge.

We've got a problem here and unfortunately the public support them in large numbers so I'm not sure how we're ever going to break free of their unwarranted and continued intrusion into our lives.

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's never going to end Doakes. I'm waiting for the "ah but we should mask-up to eliminate flu" crowd to pipe up. One of the Independent Sage members has already voiced that opinion. Susan Michie (?) believes we should NEVER give up masks. Are people really up for that? A lifetime of masking up? Seriously?

Once certain people get a power rush they really struggle to give it up.

Some of these scientists who are on the TV and radio everyday probably didn't speak to anyone outside academia prior to covid. Now they are inundated with people following their every word and they are drunk on that high. That why Jason Leitch makes stupid egotistical comments like "don't even bother to pick up the phone to me" regarding crowds of 500. Where does he get off talkinhg to anyone like that? Nobody elected this twat but he's sounding off like he's in charge.

We've got a problem here and unfortunately the public support them in large numbers so I'm not sure how we're ever going to break free of their unwarranted and continued intrusion into our lives.

Agree Totally

Jason Leitch has forgotten than he is an advisor not a policy maker. Think him and a few others are enjoying the publicity just s bit too much

Covid is never going away. It’s just something we need to learn to live with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's never going to end Doakes. I'm waiting for the "ah but we should mask-up to eliminate flu" crowd to pipe up. One of the Independent Sage members has already voiced that opinion. Susan Michie (?) believes we should NEVER give up masks. Are people really up for that? A lifetime of masking up? Seriously?

Once certain people get a power rush they really struggle to give it up.

Some of these scientists who are on the TV and radio everyday probably didn't used to speak to anyone outside academia. Now they are inundated with people following their every word and they are drunk on that high. That why Jason Leitch makes stupid comments like "don't even bother to pick up the phone to me" regarding crowds of 500. Where does he get off talkinhg to anyone like that? Nobody elected this twat but he's sounding off like he's in charge.

We've got a problem here and unfortunately the public support them in large numbers so I'm not sure how we're ever going to break free of their unwarramted and continued intrusion into our lives.

It seems a bit of a perfect storm 

The left wing / progressive / woke view seems to be that restrictions to save lives = good

Now I do get that view. If we can stop people from getting ill and dying from a virus, we should 100% be doing that, but you've got to use some critical thinking to look beyond the bullshit and virtue signalling.

You take a risk when you go food shopping, you take even more of a risk if you visit Primark for a pair of socks. 

Like you say, certain people have been given a wee bit of power, and they're enjoying it. Social media companies have never had more power than they have right now.

My main worry is that this infrastructure has now been built - at an enormous cost, all of these new tools are now available 

It's going to be very very tempting for governments to use those tools - and that infrastructure. for other purposes, such as getting to net zero carbon emissions, or if they spot a spike of covid cases, or flu. Again, that's something that can be pushed through using woke/progressive politics. 


I consider myself somewhat left leaning, but I do wish that there was a bit more open debate and individual thought around what is actually progress, rather than just wanting to be viewed as a progressive person.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Short period of lockdown to protect the NHS

Longer lockdown, we need to protect the NHS

OK - the NHS is fine, but just another few weeks to flatten the curve until the vulnerable are vaccinated

The vulnerable are vaccinated but just another few weeks, we're being cautious

We know almost everyone is vaccinated but cases are still high

Oh wait, it's almost flu season, further restrictions likely to continue over winter

Climate restrictions set to be agreed at COP26 in November 

I fully expect restrictions to be the new normal, especially regarding travel

Indeed, Dr Whitless , said back in April there would not be another Lockdown - mentioning too much disruption to peoples lives and too many suicides . It looks like the plan now is that we just don't get out of the one we are still in , ever .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed, Dr Whitless , said back in April there would not be another Lockdown - mentioning too much disruption to peoples lives and too many suicides . It looks like the plan now is that we just don't get out of the one we are still in , ever .

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Whit?
Have you and Cookie both been smoking weed today or something?
Enjoy your nights folks. I'm not getting dragged into whatever twilight world the pair of you have conjured up today.
 

Did you sleep well?

John Swinney confirms masks are still very likely to be mandatory by Christmas.
Which means they'll be with us until next summer because there's not the slightest chance they'll be removed in the middle of flu season.
You really have got to laugh or you'd go crazy.
Enjoy everyone.


It's never going to end Doakes. I'm waiting for the "ah but we should mask-up to eliminate flu" crowd to pipe up. One of the Independent Sage members has already voiced that opinion. Susan Michie (?) believes we should NEVER give up masks. Are people really up for that? A lifetime of masking up? Seriously?
Once certain people get a power rush they really struggle to give it up.
Some of these scientists who are on the TV and radio everyday probably didn't speak to anyone outside academia prior to covid. Now they are inundated with people following their every word and they are drunk on that high. That why Jason Leitch makes stupid egotistical comments like "don't even bother to pick up the phone to me" regarding crowds of 500. Where does he get off talkinhg to anyone like that? Nobody elected this twat but he's sounding off like he's in charge.
We've got a problem here and unfortunately the public support them in large numbers so I'm not sure how we're ever going to break free of their unwarranted and continued intrusion into our lives.


The tinfoil hat obviously helped...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed, Dr Whitless , said back in April there would not be another Lockdown - mentioning too much disruption to peoples lives and too many suicides . It looks like the plan now is that we just don't get out of the one we are still in , ever .

The mental health aspect to all of this is something that is being majorly overlooked. There's been a worrying amount of suicides I know of in the Paisley area alone, many in their 20's or 30's. Sadly I can only see the figures getting worse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The mental health aspect to all of this is something that is being majorly overlooked. There's been a worrying amount of suicides I know of in the Paisley area alone, many in their 20's or 30's. Sadly I can only see the figures getting worse

It's certainly NOT being overlooked.

I would suggest it's getting as much help as possible and definitely getting as much publicity as it deserves.

From the Scottish government.........................

In February 2021, we announced £120 million for a Mental Health Recovery and Renewal Fund. This is the single largest investment in mental health in the history of devolution.

The Recovery & Renewal Fund will ensure the delivery of the Mental Health Transition & Recovery Plan. It will prioritise our ongoing work to improve specialist CAMHS services, address long waiting times, and clear waiting list backlogs.

Nearly £10 million will also be allocated to clearing backlogs in Psychological Therapies waiting lists for adults. 

We will provide significant additional support for mental health in primary care settings. We also recognise the need to focus on supporting people at the earliest possible stage. So we will invest in enhanced community support. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The mental health aspect to all of this is something that is being majorly overlooked. There's been a worrying amount of suicides I know of in the Paisley area alone, many in their 20's or 30's. Sadly I can only see the figures getting worse

It seems you are the angel of death as, overall, suicides are not showing any increases during the pandemic.

As of June 2021, official statistics on suicide rates during the pandemic have not been released. This is because it takes a long time to register, analyse and report on suicide data at a national level, and this has been further delayed due to the pandemic.

Fortunately, provisional suicide rates for 2020 in England has found no evidence that national suicide rates increased. And evidence from the National Confidential Inquiry (NCISH) and the University of Manchester suggests suicide rates during the first national lockdown in England have not been impacted in the way that many of us were concerned about. Real-time data from other nations in the UK and Ireland is not available as surveillance systems are not currently widespread, though some are under development.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...