Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Don't get too excited, quite often the reporting mechanisms are delayed at the weekend. 

Was there not someone on here recently that was gloating about 2 consecutive days of rises? I wonder where he is.

Only "gloats" when it's bad news, as he has done throughput. 

7 hours ago, Slarti said:
7 hours ago, Doakes said:
Watching the patterns - If I was a betting man, - knowing the Tories - I'd wager that we'll soon see "free" NHS healthcare removed from anyone classed as unvaccinated. Especially after Rishi Sunak's recent trip to the USA 
Chancellor Rishi Sunak to return from US trip early over Covid concerns - BBC News
It will no doubt be a popular idea at first, anyone who's had the jab has the psychological urge for that to mean that they get preferential treatment over someone who hasn't had the jab... they've took a risk and someone else hasn't - why shouldn't that mean I get something they don't?
But - I'll predict that as time goes on, and the appetite for constant boosters drops off, it might become more of an issue. Especially the choice is to either get the booster to continue to receive NHS treatment, or pay an exorbitant price for your health care plan.

Never going to happen, it's a sure way to lose the next GE.

Don't be too sure. Classic divide and rule, if you look on social media people either being called sheep or Covidiots. Look at faraway as an example of the simple, easily swayed voter, he's all aboard the health fascism express. 

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Don't be too sure. Classic divide and rule, if you look on social media people either being called sheep or Covidiots. Look at faraway as an example of the simple, easily swayed voter, he's all aboard the health fascism express. 

It must be hard for you sleeping at night, having to get up and checking under the bed every half hour. :lol:

You must have missed the posts where I specify that I make my own mind up, despite government advice. 

As for being aboard the "health fascism express", better that than the "six feet under" choo choo train. :byebye

Oh, I'm 100% sure it won't happen. They might try a threat of a sort of "back of the queue" type scenario but not a withdrawal of "free" NHS treatment. Successive governments have said that taxes pay for the NHS, it would open the floodgates for legal challenges about paying taxes - and that's just for starters. The "back of the queue" thing would be more "palatable" to more people. I think that I, as a smoker, should be behind non-smokers for treatment for diseases/conditions that can be caused by smoking, and I think a lot of people would agree with that and think similarly for those choosing to be non-vaccinated. I don't smoke around non-smokers because of the potential harm it could cause them, so maybe non-vaxers should choose not to be around other people due to the same. That's a bit of a tangent, but still ...

Yes, it is not at all clear when this epidemic will end, or at least people will start to come to their senses. I can't even believe that it was different before. This is why it is especially important now to get good medical care, which is why I advise you to check out Sono Bello reviews and look at their clinics. I think it can be useful in such a difficult time. Health to all of you! 

Yes, it is not at all clear when this epidemic will end, or at least people will start to come to their senses. I can't even believe that it was different before. This is why it is especially important now to get good medical care, which is why I advise you to check out Sono Bello reviews and look at their clinics. I think it can be useful in such a difficult time. Health to all of you! 
f**k off, you're worse than shull.

6 minutes ago, markgilson80 said:

FFS

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Oh, I'm 100% sure it won't happen. They might try a threat of a sort of "back of the queue" type scenario but not a withdrawal of "free" NHS treatment. Successive governments have said that taxes pay for the NHS, it would open the floodgates for legal challenges about paying taxes - and that's just for starters. The "back of the queue" thing would be more "palatable" to more people. I think that I, as a smoker, should be behind non-smokers for treatment for diseases/conditions that can be caused by smoking, and I think a lot of people would agree with that and think similarly for those choosing to be non-vaccinated. I don't smoke around non-smokers because of the potential harm it could cause them, so maybe non-vaxers should choose not to be around other people due to the same. That's a bit of a tangent, but still ...

What about all the taxes you have paid?

What, you mean the ones you were paying to run the NHS at that time? Well, they were obviously used at that time to run the NHS. Or at least to pay off the debt the country had taken on to run the NHS at that time.

39 minutes ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, W6er said:

What, you mean the ones you were paying to run the NHS at that time? Well, they were obviously used at that time to run the NHS. Or at least to pay off the debt the country had taken on to run the NHS at that time.

But you still should be entitled to treatment as a result of the fact you've probably paid tens of thousands of pounds in taxes over the years. 

17 hours ago, Slarti said:
17 hours ago, Doakes said:
Watching the patterns - If I was a betting man, - knowing the Tories - I'd wager that we'll soon see "free" NHS healthcare removed from anyone classed as unvaccinated. Especially after Rishi Sunak's recent trip to the USA 
Chancellor Rishi Sunak to return from US trip early over Covid concerns - BBC News
It will no doubt be a popular idea at first, anyone who's had the jab has the psychological urge for that to mean that they get preferential treatment over someone who hasn't had the jab... they've took a risk and someone else hasn't - why shouldn't that mean I get something they don't?
But - I'll predict that as time goes on, and the appetite for constant boosters drops off, it might become more of an issue. Especially the choice is to either get the booster to continue to receive NHS treatment, or pay an exorbitant price for your health care plan.

Never going to happen, it's a sure way to lose the next GE.

Hope you are right but not so sure... Seems to be a movement towards blaming "the unvaccinated" for everything. Although the definition of unvaccinated doesn't always indicate a lack of immunity, either through previous infection (which has now been removed from England's pass), or having previous jabs without appetite for the latest booster. Think a lot of Tory voters would quietly support that policy at first 

But you still should be entitled to treatment as a result of the fact you've probably paid tens of thousands of pounds in taxes over the years. 
That's been spent long ago, do keep up.

Do you really think that someone should be able to stop paying taxes because they have "paid lots already"?

Hope you are right but not so sure... Seems to be a movement towards blaming "the unvaccinated" for everything. Although the definition of unvaccinated doesn't always indicate a lack of immunity, either through previous infection (which has now been removed from England's pass), or having previous jabs without appetite for the latest booster. Think a lot of Tory voters would quietly support that policy at first 
I am, so don't worry.

26 minutes ago, Slarti said:

That's been spent long ago, do keep up.

Do you really think that someone should be able to stop paying taxes because they have "paid lots already"?

Yup , you’ve got my vote 👍.  Slarti for PM & Chancellor. 

see , he’s saving us money already by combining both roles .😉

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:
55 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
Yup , you’ve got my vote emoji106.png.  Slarti for PM & Chancellor. 

see , he’s saving us money already by combining both roles .emoji6.png

Everyone who votes for me gets a free drumstick lolly.

You’ll need to do better than that , still got this lot left from my birthday .(  I’m not 6 - honest 🙄😂)

Now if it was a swizzel lolly …….. 🤔

image.jpg

You’ll need to do better than that , still got this lot left from my birthday .(  I’m not 6 - honest [emoji849][emoji23])

Now if it was a swizzel lolly …….. [emoji848]
image.thumb.jpg.3379201b6e7bd97213c7022f2b7e6cfa.jpg
Nope, drumstick lolly or sherbet dibdab are your only options. Feckin swizzle - we're trying to save money, remember.

South Africa cases continue to slowly decline, as was suggested last week when they were leveling off.

Todays death count is THREE, (probably down to the delay in reporting over the weekend) only baz the fool uses a single day as some sort of proof but importantly the average has slightly dropped, still too early to see a consistent trend.

More importantly Scotland cases continue to climb and, slightly worryingly, both hospital cases & ICU show a slight rise. 

Unfortunately all media outlets are still creaming themselves over the rise in cases.

Jason Leitch actually said this latest variant is only 3 weeks old worldwide, a blatant, and gigantic, fib. 

Edited by faraway saint