Coronavirus

faraway saint

Dilemma.

Life goes on. It has to.

I'm double vaxed. So are most people I know.

But I have friends who are double vaxed, caught COVID, and ended up in hospital very unwell.

I'm playing it safe. Watching my distancing and hygiene. LFD testing twice weekly.

But I can only control my own actions. Not those of people I come in contact with.

One single track and trace ping and my work has to shut down pending PCR test results.

After 15 months unable to work, you can bet your bottom dollar that protecting my work environment, colleagues and people I support is my priority.

Gigs? OMG I miss live music SO much. It was and is a major part of my life

I've been to one gig. I was happy with the steps the venue had taken.

I have a gig in October. Again, I am happy with the arrangements.

I asked for a refund for one gig. An artist I adore and am desperate to see. Sold out. Small venue. No distancing. Not worth the risk!

I have artists I absolutely love performing soon. Artists I want to support.

BUT... Unless I have complete confidence in the venue arrangements... And I don't give a stuff about passports which mean nothing and are worthless, I will err on the side of caution and will not attend.

I owe that to my employers who supported me 100% for 15 months of lockdown.

I owe that to my team and the people I support.

One track and trace ping ...
Such a fine line!

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Dilemma.

Life goes on. It has to.

I'm double vaxed. So are most people I know.

But I have friends who are double vaxed, caught COVID, and ended up in hospital very unwell.

I'm playing it safe. Watching my distancing and hygiene. LFD testing twice weekly.

But I can only control my own actions. Not those of people I come in contact with.

One single track and trace ping and my work has to shut down pending PCR test results.

After 15 months unable to work, you can bet your bottom dollar that protecting my work environment, colleagues and people I support is my priority.

Gigs? OMG I miss live music SO much. It was and is a major part of my life

I've been to one gig. I was happy with the steps the venue had taken.

I have a gig in October. Again, I am happy with the arrangements.

I asked for a refund for one gig. An artist I adore and am desperate to see. Sold out. Small venue. No distancing. Not worth the risk!

I have artists I absolutely love performing soon. Artists I want to support.

BUT... Unless I have complete confidence in the venue arrangements... And I don't give a stuff about passports which mean nothing and are worthless, I will err on the side of caution and will not attend.

I owe that to my employers who supported me 100% for 15 months of lockdown.

I owe that to my team and the people I support.

One track and trace ping ...
Such a fine line!

It sounds like you'll be living in fear forever.

Enjoy, I'm LIVING life and taking risks every day, that's life. 

On 8/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, BuddieinEK said:

I'll add racism to your list of failings!

"In the 1860s, "snowflake" was used by abolitionists in Missouri to refer to those who opposed the abolition of slavery. The term referred to the colour of snow, referring to valuing white people over black people."

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Drama Queen. emoji38.png

Queen

You stupidly accuse bazil of racism yet are quite happy throwing around homophobic insults?

Oh dear. :byebye

Is no one else getting worried that the vaccines don't seem to be stopping transmission? UK and Israel up there with the most vaccinated places on earth, but cases increasing rather than dropping - English schools going back won't help matters. 

Fingers crossed for a drop in cases before winter hits.

Also the drop off in antibodies for those vaccinated. The prediction earlier in the thread of boosters every 6 months isn't looking too far off. 

Interesting study done in Israel regarding natural immunity is worth a look

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv 

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Is no one else getting worried that the vaccines don't seem to be stopping transmission? UK and Israel up there with the most vaccinated places on earth, but cases increasing rather than dropping - English schools going back won't help matters. 

Fingers crossed for a drop in cases before winter hits.

Also the drop off in antibodies for those vaccinated. The prediction earlier in the thread of boosters every 6 months isn't looking too far off. 

Interesting study done in Israel regarding natural immunity is worth a look

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv 

Why are you getting worried about cases?

The vaccine HAS broken the chain in serious illness and deaths, that's the important statistic.

You should get a job for the BBC, they love scaremongering. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why are you getting worried about cases?

The vaccine HAS broken the chain in serious illness and deaths, that's the important statistic.

You should get a job for the BBC, they love scaremongering. 

More the winter I'm concerned about

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Nope
Fail.
Wasn't talking to or about you.
I guess you miss me, oh needy one.

Just say the word & you won't get a message from me ever again. (as long as I'm not referenced by you directly or indirectly) :whistle

You are the one with the view that any word associated with intolerance regardless of what the context happens to be, is the person being intolerant. I pointed out I was using snowflake in another "context" that was irrelevant to you. Double standards. 

image.png.8443acd6b577053a3557818cacc57ac4.png

Just say the word & you won't get a message from me ever again. (as long as I'm not referenced by you directly or indirectly) :whistle
You are the one with the view that any word associated with intolerance regardless of what the context happens to be, is the person being intolerant. I pointed out I was using snowflake in another "context" that was irrelevant to you. Double standards. 
image.png.8443acd6b577053a3557818cacc57ac4.png
Desperate.
Fail.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I agree that the cases are rising, outstripping the numbers back in the dark days but I still don't see anything to worry about in the numbers that really matter.

Same bracket as the flu. 

Fingers crossed.