Jump to content

Coronavirus


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The numbers in England, with less restrictions, are slightly better than Scotland? (See highlighted section below)

AGAIN, I agree a key difference to the previous outbreaks are the vaccines/boosters, hence this variant, also much less damaging, can't be compared to the Delta situation. 

Why has the older population been untouched?

If you mean less of the older population have been hospitalised etc then I would suggest that's down to them being vaccinated.boosted to a man/woman? 

This was similar to many areas of England, where no similar measures on social distancing, licensed premises and large events including football matches were introduced.

The UK Government’s Covid dashboard on Friday showed that Scotland (2,079) had a higher case rate per 100,000 people over the previous week than England (1,787).

 

That has narrowed  quite a bit and all the numbers show a drop in all  age groups 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


25 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

That has narrowed  quite a bit and all the numbers show a drop in all  age groups 

Restrictions have been a way to slow the spread and limit the numbers to an extent, that's what we seen in Scotland over the last few weeks. We are now getting more cases at a time when more adults have been boosted and allowed the period for boost effectiveness to better kick in. 

Infection levels will always fluctuate, we know this based on history. Best we can realistically do is curb and slow the spread, Scotland have observably done this far more than England have and we are now seeing the ramifications in that in serious illness and deaths. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

That has narrowed  quite a bit and all the numbers show a drop in all  age groups 

Not quite sure which bit you're referring to?

Anyhow, to clarify the marked difference in restrictions in England and Scotland have shown the reveres that many had hoped.

Scotland has 297 people per 100,000 conformed cases with England, still having much less restrictions sitting at 264.

The worst case scenario for everyone is deaths, with England sitting on a 7 day average of 164, that's .0003%, whereas Scotland has a 7 day average of 11, .0002%, hardly striking and, staying with the real numbers very low for both countries. 

All in all, the sooner Scotland realises the current restrictions are having little/no effect the better for everyone, and get people back to a normal life. 

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye, as suggested...................anyone comparing this variant to the Delta is simply scaremongering, or an idiot, or both. 

Just one-fifth of new Covid hospital patients are true cases

Treat data with caution, say experts, as situation in hospitals during omicron wave is different to ‘horrific scenes’ of a year ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wee Nicky, can't see the wood for the trees, the peak was around a week ago............................:lol:

  1. In her statement, the FM says that the current wave of the virus in Scotland is "at or near to the peak"

image.thumb.png.34c5b5d83130138c031adda974753271.png

The peak was on the 29th December as I stated last week you fool.

Its all there on the dashboard

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk
 

It peaked on the 29th December for all 4 home nations - the exact same date that it peaked last year for all 4 home nations.

Last year we went on to have a lockdown that last months - after the peak. Indeed, all 3 lockdowns have come after a peak of infections.

The falling from the peak - at the same rate as the previous falls - will highlight that the lockdowns were all for nothing.

All they achieved was thousands of collateral deaths and livelihoods ruined.

At least @bazil85 got to signal his virtue and wear his mask 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2022 at 1:10 PM, bazil85 said:

Restrictions have been a way to slow the spread and limit the numbers to an extent, that's what we seen in Scotland over the last few weeks. We are now getting more cases at a time when more adults have been boosted and allowed the period for boost effectiveness to better kick in. 

Infection levels will always fluctuate, we know this based on history. Best we can realistically do is curb and slow the spread, Scotland have observably done this far more than England have and we are now seeing the ramifications in that in serious illness and deaths. 

A typical baz post.

Not a shred of evidence to back up his completely false statements 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

The peak was on the 29th December as I stated last week you fool.

Its all there on the dashboard

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk
 

It peaked on the 29th December for all 4 home nations - the exact same date that it peaked last year for all 4 home nations.

Last year we went on to have a lockdown that last months - after the peak. Indeed, all 3 lockdowns have come after a peak of infections.

The falling from the peak - at the same rate as the previous falls - will highlight that the lockdowns were all for nothing.

All they achieved was thousands of collateral deaths and livelihoods ruined.

At least @bazil85 got to signal his virtue and wear his mask 

How's the pigs heart transplant going, ya ham? 🐖🐷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The peak was on the 29th December as I stated last week you fool.

Its all there on the dashboard

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk
 

It peaked on the 29th December for all 4 home nations - the exact same date that it peaked last year for all 4 home nations.

Last year we went on to have a lockdown that last months - after the peak. Indeed, all 3 lockdowns have come after a peak of infections.

The falling from the peak - at the same rate as the previous falls - will highlight that the lockdowns were all for nothing.

All they achieved was thousands of collateral deaths and livelihoods ruined.

At least @bazil85 got to signal his virtue and wear his mask 

‘Virtue signalling’ a term coined for unethical, selfish people that get upset when they’re called our for being unethical and selfish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Still no sign of the 300-6000 deaths per day. Probably got mixed up with the wine bottles leaving number 10. 

Well, apart from yesterday when we recorded 379 deaths, the highest since February 2021. Something tells me that isn't going to be the peak either...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Well, apart from yesterday when we recorded 379 deaths, the highest since February 2021. Something tells me that isn't going to be the peak either...

You are aware the 379 is a backlog of stats, average is still around 150

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

You are aware the 379 is a backlog of stats, average is still around 150

The average as of yesterday is 238

Tuesday generally always sees an uplift in cases for the weekend yes. But all the available data is showing that deaths are and will continue to rise as I predicted. Weekly averages have more than doubled since the turn of the year and we still have a lot of the impacts from Christmas and New Year to deal with regarding death stats. 

It is great news that this strain is less dangerous and the vaccine has had such a significant impact on limiting serious illness and deaths, but to think it has been unreasonable to have relatively minor restrictions in place to save lives and protect the NHS is a bit of a strange stance IMO.

Mostly our lives are continuing as normal and it would appear Scotland has delayed the peak slightly compared to England (likely would have flattened it even more if Johnson hadn't refused to uplift the support more to allow more protective measures) which will have allowed for more uptake and effectiveness of boosters.

We also continue to have lower average death rates. Slightly more restrictions over a short period (not to mention England had restrictions by stealth given the messages being communicated on not mixing & not attending events as one would normally at Christmas) of time, a very small price to pay for that IMO.

Edited by bazil85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...