Jump to content

Coronavirus


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

The average as of yesterday is 238

Tuesday generally always sees an uplift in cases for the weekend yes. But all the available data is showing that deaths are and will continue to rise as I predicted. Weekly averages have more than doubled since the turn of the year and we still have a lot of the impacts from Christmas and New Year to deal with regarding death stats. 

It is great news that this strain is less dangerous and the vaccine has had such a significant impact on limiting serious illness and deaths, but to think it has been unreasonable to have relatively minor restrictions in place to save lives and protect the NHS is a bit of a strange stance IMO.

Mostly our lives are continuing as normal and it would appear Scotland has delayed the peak slightly compared to England (likely would have flattened it even more if Johnson hadn't refused to uplift the support more to allow more protective measures) which will have allowed for more uptake and effectiveness of boosters.

We also continue to have lower average death rates. Slightly more restrictions over a short period (not to mention England had restrictions by stealth given the messages being communicated on not mixing & not attending events as one would normally at Christmas) of time, a very small price to pay for that IMO.

Travelling tabby has ave deaths in UK at 162 ,and this is dropping, as are cases 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Travelling tabby has ave deaths in UK at 162 ,and this is dropping, as are cases 

If it does, it's not accurate and it certainly isn't dropping, it will be going up and if cases over the last few weeks are anything to go by, likely a fair bit.

This is the official 28 day figures data the Government uses & we also have to remember, that is only part of the picture overall for Covid with recent data showing around 25% of Covid deaths are potentially not being captured in the 28 days figures. 

 

image.png.3f8331060956072863ea290732590556.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Or... Just as predicted, 

Another failure to ignore my posts. 

You predicted lots of vague stuff, that's what you do.

As usual , you love a percentage, remember when you used two days worth of data to bump up the cases by 40%? :lol:

The numbers are extremely low, deaths at 238, as you said, for the whole of the UK, with Scotland averaging about 15.

NEW admissions to hospital, in Scotland, are levelling off after the "tsunami" of cases we were promised around/after Christmas. 

NEW admission into ICU are rising, to an average of a frightening 7. 

All in all the usual over reaction of wee Nicky has resulted in minimum difference between Scotland and England and the damage to the economy, as usual, means nothing to you.

Oh, is it true you are the ONLY one still working from home...............................wonder why that would be? :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You predicted lots of vague stuff, that's what you do.

As usual , you love a percentage, remember when you used two days worth of data to bump up the cases by 40%? :lol:

The numbers are extremely low, deaths at 238, as you said, for the whole of the UK, with Scotland averaging about 15.

NEW admissions to hospital, in Scotland, are levelling off after the "tsunami" of cases we were promised around/after Christmas. 

NEW admission into ICU are rising, to an average of a frightening 7. 

All in all the usual over reaction of wee Nicky has resulted in minimum difference between Scotland and England and the damage to the economy, as usual, means nothing to you.

Oh, is it true you are the ONLY one still working from home...............................wonder why that would be? :lol:

The usual overreaction 🤦‍♂️
 

It defies logic that you still continue to underplay what the world has been through this last two years. 
 

The minimum difference will be in the impacts to the economy. All the warning messages & (rightful) worry about the new variant still hammered the English hospitality industry regardless of them not putting in the same restrictions. Restrictions by stealth. 
 

Facts of the matter are, as predicted Omicron is having impacts on the countries health. The restrictions were very tame compared to previously, that still has shown to have put Scotland in a better place than England on death rates & delaying the peak. 
 

As with last year, you jumped the gun. This time, you’ve massively overreacted on how severe the restrictions have been. Still largely normal day to day lives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bazil85 said:

The usual overreaction 🤦‍♂️
 

It defies logic that you still continue to underplay what the world has been through this last two years. 
 

The minimum difference will be in the impacts to the economy. All the warning messages & (rightful) worry about the new variant still hammered the English hospitality industry regardless of them not putting in the same restrictions. Restrictions by stealth. 
 

Facts of the matter are, as predicted Omicron is having impacts on the countries health. The restrictions were very tame compared to previously, that still has shown to have put Scotland in a better place than England on death rates & delaying the peak. 
 

As with last year, you jumped the gun. This time, you’ve massively overreacted on how severe the restrictions have been. Still largely normal day to day lives. 

THIS is not comparable to the last 22 months, apart from inside your empty head.

Tell that to the business's that are struggling or gone bust.

You'r attempts to make things as bad as possible are utterly cringeworthy, yet consistent, while you stay on full pay and smirking as others as at their wits end. 

No one said Omicron would have no effect on the countries health, plenty said this would be minimal, as the FACTS from South Africa showed, another attempt to twist the facts and sway away from the reality. 

Just because the restrictions have no effect on your sad life doesn't mean they don't have an effect on other people, this is another consistent fact you are utterly oblivious to, showing you have no idea on the reality of this shitfest. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The usual overreaction 🤦‍♂️
 

It defies logic that you still continue to underplay what the world has been through this last two years. 
 

The minimum difference will be in the impacts to the economy. All the warning messages & (rightful) worry about the new variant still hammered the English hospitality industry regardless of them not putting in the same restrictions. Restrictions by stealth. 
 

Facts of the matter are, as predicted Omicron is having impacts on the countries health. The restrictions were very tame compared to previously, that still has shown to have put Scotland in a better place than England on death rates & delaying the peak. 
 

As with last year, you jumped the gun. This time, you’ve massively overreacted on how severe the restrictions have been. Still largely normal day to day lives. 

Is this group overreacting as well.........................

Key word, look it up, DISPROPORTIONATE. 

And in a statement issued by the Night Time Industries Association Scotland the group called on the Scottish Government to “urgently release all remaining unallocated funding to compensate Scottish nightlife and hospitality businesses for the disproportionate restrictions currently in place, and commit to a full reopening without any further restrictions”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



... this is another consistent fact you are utterly oblivious to ...
 


You have to remember that his definition of "fact" is, as he admitted himself, just "his opinion". That being the case, he must be aware of it so that means you're wrong there. :whistle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

THIS is not comparable to the last 22 months, apart from inside your empty head.

Tell that to the business's that are struggling or gone bust.

You'r attempts to make things as bad as possible are utterly cringeworthy, yet consistent, while you stay on full pay and smirking as others as at their wits end. 

No one said Omicron would have no effect on the countries health, plenty said this would be minimal, as the FACTS from South Africa showed, another attempt to twist the facts and sway away from the reality. 

Just because the restrictions have no effect on your sad life doesn't mean they don't have an effect on other people, this is another consistent fact you are utterly oblivious to, showing you have no idea on the reality of this shitfest. 

 

 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Is this group overreacting as well.........................

Key word, look it up, DISPROPORTIONATE. 

And in a statement issued by the Night Time Industries Association Scotland the group called on the Scottish Government to “urgently release all remaining unallocated funding to compensate Scottish nightlife and hospitality businesses for the disproportionate restrictions currently in place, and commit to a full reopening without any further restrictions”.

Same recycled utter garbage and made up nonsense. 
 

- it’s comparable in regards there’s a virus & inaction will have consequences. We haven’t taken the same strict response as previous variants in the last two years, nor have I suggested we should. You haven’t been able to grasp the differences between full lockdowns & reasonable restrictions it would seem. 
- and we should be supporting the businesses throughout this. A challenge given the lack of funding for it. Again, if you think England have done much better in support by not having restrictions but telling everyone to drastically cut back on their socialising, you’re absolutely tuned to the moon. 
- third paragraph is a complete lie, sums up your nature, would rather twist points & be bitter than entertain someone’s views, pathetic. 
- we DID NOT know the full impacts on Omicron when these things were being said. As we have seen throughout this, slow action costs lives. Omicron is less severe, that’s great but the measures were nothing like previous lockdowns. Completely blown out of proportion the severity of restrictions, ironically it’s probably to the same level you’ve downplayed ‘the flu’ throughout a pandemic that’s killed millions globally. 

- last point on the first post, also pathetic ignorance. Assumptions that my personal impacts has any bearing on my views on a virus that’s again literally killed millions, shows how unethical you are. You can’t even consider someone having views that aren’t self interest, clearly because your views are purely self interest. You’re seconds away from crying ‘virtue signalling’ 

- yes they are. The restrictions have had a positive impact on the health of the Scottish nation. Funding & support is a completely different area. We should be supporting any businesses or people impacted by restrictions, fully or as close to fully as we can. Uk is one of the most developed nations on earth for crying out loud. Worry about funding Support shouldn’t even be a question. 
 

Years later & @Slarti is still raging that I called him out on being pedantic. Another person hiding behind the ignore function, gagging for someone to quote me. Cowardly some would say… :whistle

Edited by bazil85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

 

Same recycled utter garbage and made up nonsense. 
 

- it’s comparable in regards there’s a virus & inaction will have consequences. We haven’t taken the same strict response as previous variants in the last two years, nor have I suggested we should. You haven’t been able to grasp the differences between full lockdowns & reasonable restrictions it would seem. 
- and we should be supporting the businesses throughout this. A challenge given the lack of funding for it. Again, if you think England have done much better in support by not having restrictions but telling everyone to drastically cut back on their socialising, you’re absolutely tuned to the moon. 
- third paragraph is a complete lie, sums up your nature, would rather twist points & be bitter than entertain someone’s views, pathetic. 
- we DID NOT know the full impacts on Omicron when these things were being said. As we have seen throughout this, slow action costs lives. Omicron is less severe, that’s great but the measures were nothing like previous lockdowns. Completely blown out of proportion the severity of restrictions, ironically it’s probably to the same level you’ve downplayed ‘the flu’ throughout a pandemic that’s killed millions globally. 

- last point on the first post, also pathetic ignorance. Assumptions that my personal impacts has any bearing on my views on a virus that’s again literally killed millions, shows how unethical you are. You can’t even consider someone having views that aren’t self interest, clearly because your views are purely self interest. You’re seconds away from crying ‘virtue signalling’ 

- yes they are. The restrictions have had a positive impact on the health of the Scottish nation. Funding & support is a completely different area. We should be supporting any businesses or people impacted by restrictions, fully or as close to fully as we can. Uk is one of the most developed nations on earth for crying out loud. Worry about funding Support shouldn’t even be a question. 
 

Years later & @Slarti is still raging that I called him out on being pedantic. Another person hiding behind the ignore function, gagging for someone to quote me. Cowardly some would say… :whistle

Utter drivel, twisted facts and made up shite.

Again, all's good for you sitting in your ivory tower, utterly despicable human being. 

Well done, you are consistent. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter drivel, twisted facts and made up shite.

Again, all's good for you sitting in your ivory tower, utterly despicable human being. 

Well done, you are consistent. :lol:

 

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Telling that you have no concept whatsoever of a view that isn’t complete self interest. It doesn’t compute with you that empathy can actually exist in this world & that a personal view isn’t swayed completely by circumstances & the impacts on them & them alone.
 

Unethical, petty & ignorant to the core. 
 

EC299689-C39C-4BC7-9DF3-349B679A0A76.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

There was a pandemic in the spring of 2000 - it clearly ended in the summer of 2020.

2 years of restrictions and vaccines all for nothing 

 

1BACE3A4-2F0F-44FD-B7C1-76AFAE85B212.jpeg

Seems to drastically contradict your claim that lockdown measures would be a far bigger killer than Covid... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Seems to drastically contradict your claim that lockdown measures would be a far bigger killer than Covid... 

I claimed that lockdown measures would kill far more than they’d save 

And tens of thousands are dying in the U.K. and millions worldwide as a direct consequence of your lockdowns baz - and they’ve saved no-one 

Your virtue, their deaths 

Edited by Sue Denim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

I claimed that lockdown measures would kill far more than they’d save 

And tens of thousands are dying in the U.K. and millions worldwide as a direct consequence of your lockdowns baz - and they’ve saved no-one 

Your virtue, their deaths 

That isn’t what the data shows.
 

Covid was & is a killer,

lockdown saved lives,

virtue signalling is a term for people that don’t like to be called out on unethical views. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

That isn’t what the data shows.
 

Covid was & is a killer,

lockdown saved lives,

virtue signalling is a term for people that don’t like to be called out on unethical views. 

WHAT does the data show, if it isn't obvious?

Can't argue Covid is a killer, just not as much as some would have us believe.

Overall I'd say 1st lockdown did save lives, the 2nd, probably, recent restrictions, more than unlikely, despite you dreaming up bonkers ideas and twisted figures.

Virtue signaling ISN'T a term as you describe, but that's not unusual you are a simpleton. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

WHAT does the data show, if it isn't obvious?

Can't argue Covid is a killer, just not as much as some would have us believe.

Overall I'd say 1st lockdown did save lives, the 2nd, probably, recent restrictions, more than unlikely, despite you dreaming up bonkers ideas and twisted figures.

Virtue signaling ISN'T a term as you describe, but that's not unusual you are a simpleton. 

 

Utter nonsense, you ridiculed on here last winter when people predicted death tolls that were in line with what scientists were saying. It came true & that’s just the 28 day stats. It’s likely an underestimate by a decent margin.
 

Lockdown saved lives each time, you don’t know more than the scientists recommending governments, get over yourself. 
 

Virtue signalling is as I describe. People that have immoral views having a pop at others who express moral values. The reason they do this is to try & convince themselves that the only reasoning someone would share something moral is to suit a self interest agenda. Projection much? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Utter nonsense, you ridiculed on here last winter when people predicted death tolls that were in line with what scientists were saying. It came true & that’s just the 28 day stats. It’s likely an underestimate by a decent margin.
 

Lockdown saved lives each time, you don’t know more than the scientists recommending governments, get over yourself. 
 

Virtue signalling is as I describe. People that have immoral views having a pop at others who express moral values. The reason they do this is to try & convince themselves that the only reasoning someone would share something moral is to suit a self interest agenda. Projection much? 

Made up shite again. 

Scientists, oh aye them, the same ones that told us that the Omicron variant was next to nothing yet you still, ludicrously, try to compare it to the Delta variant? 

Virtue signaling..............

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

To summarise, you are an utter fanny, but the forum needs you. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Made up shite again. 

Scientists, oh aye them, the same ones that told us that the Omicron variant was next to nothing yet you still, ludicrously, try to compare it to the Delta variant? 

Virtue signaling..............

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

To summarise, you are an utter fanny, but the forum needs you. :lol:

You’re a liar, I haven’t compared it to Delta. You have absolutely no shame. 
 

Virtue signalling is as I have said. It’s a rank rotten expression used by people crying for being called on their immoral views, attacking people that have moral views. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...