Coronavirus

faraway saint

Before reading the latest rules ...

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Can you point to where I can read those exclusions? They're definitely not in the latest self-isolation rules update for care staff from ScotGov.

I'm not saying don't be extra cautious, and you can choose to go above and beyond if you want, but you can't really complain about staff shortages if you are contributing to them.
Wow.
Beautifully twisted.
Nice bit of imagination too.
I just thought I'd try to be helpful and put some meat on the bones.
Don't know why I bother in this playground.

Here... FYI...

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/pages/care-home-social-care-workers/

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Before reading the latest rules ...

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Can you point to where I can read those exclusions? They're definitely not in the latest self-isolation rules update for care staff from ScotGov.

I'm not saying don't be extra cautious, and you can choose to go above and beyond if you want, but you can't really complain about staff shortages if you are contributing to them.
Definitely not?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Apology will duly be accepted.

Wow.
Beautifully twisted.
Nice bit of imagination too.
I just thought I'd try to be helpful and put some meat on the bones.
Don't know why I bother in this playground.

Here... FYI...

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/pages/care-home-social-care-workers/

You've done a Dickson with that link. [emoji1787]

You've done a Dickson with that link. [emoji1787]
Eh?

It is the Scottish Government site they use in conjunction with NHS Inform to keep Social Care Staff up to date with current practices related to covid.

It is also the site the Care Inspectorate links to in their daily briefings and it was via the Care Inspectorate I was led to it.

What did you expect?

A link to an article in the Sun?

It certainly would be more your level!

Eh?

It is the Scottish Government site they use in conjunction with NHS Inform to keep Social Care Staff up to date with current practices related to covid.

It is also the site the Care Inspectorate links to in their daily briefings and it was via the Care Inspectorate I was led to it.

What did you expect?

A link to an article in the Sun?

It certainly would be more your level!

Your link proves that what I said was correct and that you were wrong.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Possibly vaccine immunity waning in certain groups? 

Seems to be , but persistent  numbers in 35-60 where many still not got 2 jabs never mind 3.

Today's number even worse now almost 15000 ,hospital  numbers 1600 and 41 deaths ,and for the first time in a while ICU up as well.

On 2/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, faraway saint said:

So, playing the "one day at as time" game, yesterday hospital numbers were down but, for some reason, you didn't post?  :wacko:

The trend is hospital numbers have hardly risen in the last week.

Not so long ago, a month to be precise, hospital numbers were at just over 1,300. :lol:

ICU numbers, which you always seem to overlook, have dropped over the last week.

You seem to be overly concerned with this, there could be reasons, but the vast majority are trying to forget about Covid and living our life very close to what we did just over 2 years ago. 

Covid in Scotland: Hospital patient numbers highest in 13 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60698453

I do hope that the”vast majority” is staying safe and well.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Covid in Scotland: Hospital patient numbers highest in 13 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60698453

I do hope that the”vast majority” is staying safe and well.

.03%, that would suggest the VAST MAJORITY are doing fine. :lol:

Thanks for proving my point. :byebye

Not long till mask burning day, yipee. :thumbs2

Edited by faraway saint

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

.03%, that would suggest the VAST MAJORITY are doing fine. :lol:

Thanks for proving my point. :byebye

Not long till mask burning day, yipee. :thumbs2

Don’t take up any offer of a job as a statistician.  Just a thought. Numbers at the VERY start of this were very small. Statistics. However….we know what happened next. The current TREND is upwards. Think about it…I know you will respond…won’t you.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've complied throughout but I WON'T be wearing a mask on my willie. :lol:

A group of us on the loose in London a number of years ago bought a crocheted Willie warmer to take back to a colleague who hadn’t made the trip. Back to Covid. Stats and an understanding seem to escape some.

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Red herring, Covid rates fluctuate up and down across the UK week on week. Overall Scotland has had far stronger rates of protecting the public from Covid than RUK. Both by cases and deaths. We also have not had any more of an economic impact up here than RUK, even leading the way on some parameters such as job protection during lockdowns. 

More stringent protection measures also push peaks down the line a little bit, it isn't necessarily bad that infection rates go up when restrictions are lifted because it has given more time for vaccinations to take hold. 

I've read some tripe on here but ^^^^^^ is up there with the best.

Anyhow, aye, for some, unknown, reason Scotland is experiencing a rise in most areas, although if you are out and about you wouldn't know as masks are becoming less worn by the day.

England, that place where they eased up a long long time ago, are looking pretty reasonable.

image.thumb.png.925893caa2d105b2a9b9d3c32fd5ca9f.png

Scotland, as I said, not so good..............

image.png.1b418e5873f22072c1f93051a385849d.png

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Anyhow, aye, for some, unknown, reason Scotland is experiencing a rise in most areas, although if you are out and about you wouldn't know as masks are becoming less worn by the day.

England, that place where they eased up a long long time ago, are looking pretty reasonable.

image.thumb.png.925893caa2d105b2a9b9d3c32fd5ca9f.png

Scotland, as I said, not so good..............

image.png.1b418e5873f22072c1f93051a385849d.png

Scotland total Covid deaths (28 day stats) - 10,947 (0.2% of the population) 

England total Covid deaths (28 day stats) - 141,000 -(0.25% of the population) 

Yeah but that's tripe, makes much more sense to look at the data from the last two weeks regarding a pandemic of over two years to pass judgement... :whistle

Edited by bazil85

I've no doubt some of the reasons for the increase is fcukwits not wearing masks, not socially distancing and not washing their hands after using the toilet.

Unfortunately they can pass it on to folk that are, as the above references are not failsafe if the vast majority don't adhere to protect each other.

But they know better. [emoji848]

58 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I've no doubt some of the reasons for the increase is fcukwits not wearing masks, not socially distancing and not washing their hands after using the toilet.

Unfortunately they can pass it on to folk that are, as the above references are not failsafe if the vast majority don't adhere to protect each other.

But they know better. emoji848.png

But England aren't wearing masks and they are going down?

I'm not convinced, although it COULD be a contributory factor, non compliance is the reason. 

It's of some interest but, as I've indicated, it's been "over" for me since the tail end of last year.

Tell simple Bazil EVERYONE knows England has a larger population but the trend is decreasing, although he will still squirm around, while coming up with no sensible possibilities. 

He's a silly Billy. 😜

Edited by faraway saint

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

But England aren't wearing masks and they are going down?

I'm not convinced, although it COULD be a contributory factor, non compliance is the reason. 

It's of some interest but, as I've indicated, it's been "over" for me since the tail end of last year.

Tell simple Bazil EVERYONE knows England has a larger population but the trend is decreasing, although he will still squirm around, while coming up with no sensible possibilities. 

He's a silly Billy. 😜

Pretty sure Englands trend will be going up, they   are slightly behind ours but also bear in mind our population  has a higher percentage  of older people  ie the ones where the vaccine  is wearing off.