Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I've read some tripe on here but ^^^^^^ is up there with the best.

Anyhow, aye, for some, unknown, reason Scotland is experiencing a rise in most areas, although if you are out and about you wouldn't know as masks are becoming less worn by the day.

England, that place where they eased up a long long time ago, are looking pretty reasonable.

image.thumb.png.925893caa2d105b2a9b9d3c32fd5ca9f.png

Scotland, as I said, not so good..............

image.png.1b418e5873f22072c1f93051a385849d.png

Its cases up first (now happening , over 14000) hospital numbers up (now 1600) deaths up ( from ave 16 a day to 18 but 46 in one day yesterday) ie trends are all up and getting worrying.

England WILL follow

16 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Pretty sure Englands trend will be going up, they   are slightly behind ours but also bear in mind our population  has a higher percentage  of older people  ie the ones where the vaccine  is wearing off.

12 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Its cases up first (now happening , over 14000) hospital numbers up (now 1600) deaths up ( from ave 16 a day to 18 but 46 in one day yesterday) ie trends are all up and getting worrying.

England WILL follow

There is nothing to suggest it will, have you some evidence to back that up?

Also, are you saying that our population is older and that is why we are seeing higher numbers? 

Have you been out recently? WHO, exactly, is getting worried?

I could do some digging but....................It's of some interest but, as I've indicated, it's been "over" for me since the tail end of last year.

Edited by faraway saint

China have now closed down a second large city.  The potential exponential growth over a very short time is the worrying factor. All one needs to do is to look back at each wave to see how quickly a small percentage of much larger figures become problematic. At least you can if you can understand the maths involved. 

26 minutes ago, shull said:

Thanks. Interesting read. My wife has just finished a book covering the development of the virus, spread and of the vaccine with a nod to the future. Gripping stuff 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

But England aren't wearing masks and they are going down?

I'm not convinced, although it COULD be a contributory factor, non compliance is the reason. 

It's of some interest but, as I've indicated, it's been "over" for me since the tail end of last year.

Tell simple Bazil EVERYONE knows England has a larger population but the trend is decreasing, although he will still squirm around, while coming up with no sensible possibilities. 

He's a silly Billy. 😜

You're having a nightmare here, England and Scotland are very similar right now regarding lifted restrictions with mask wearing in certain circumstances one of the only key differences. England have had (slightly, generally the country has been pretty free for months) more freedoms for longer and as such more of the population have had Covid. It's entirely predictable when we started to lift more restrictions, our rates would go up. 

An increase over the last couple of weeks doesn't mean England have handled this pandemic better than Scotland. Your failure to grasp the situation remains utterly astounding. As is your confusion over a larger population and percentages of said population 🤣

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You're having a nightmare here, England and Scotland are very similar right now regarding lifted restrictions with mask wearing in certain circumstances one of the only key differences. England have had (slightly, generally the country has been pretty free for months) more freedoms for longer and as such more of the population have had Covid. It's entirely predictable when we started to lift more restrictions, our rates would go up. 

An increase over the last couple of weeks doesn't mean England have handled this pandemic better than Scotland. Your failure to grasp the situation remains utterly astounding. As is your confusion over a larger population and percentages of said population 🤣

:lol:

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

England WILL follow

Silly, remember the rules of this, we are only allowed to look at isolated data points that shows what faraway wants it to show. Better not look at trends or holistically because it batters his view. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Silly, remember the rules of this, we are only allowed to look at isolated data points that shows what faraway wants it to show. Better not look at trends or holistically because it batters his view. 

Says the girl who was shouting about ONE day not that long ago. :lol:

You're having a nightmare. :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aw bless, lashing out again instead of just accepting I am right regarding the overarching data & absolute lack of evidence on more of an economic impact up here. :D 

A complete lie as well but never mind. 

That's you past your quota for the day anyway wee man, maybe TTYT... Unless it only counts when you quote me, not sure of your own strange rules that you can never keep to on arguing with me. :unsure:

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Aw bless, lashing out again instead of just accepting I am right regarding the overarching data & absolute lack of evidence on more of an economic impact up here. :D 

A complete lie as well but never mind. 

That's you past your quota for the day anyway wee man, maybe TTYT... Unless it only counts when you quote me, not sure of your own strange rules that you can never keep to on arguing with me. :unsure:

Lashing out? :lol:

Standard reply when you're caught out making a repetitive error. :1eye

Same old, copy and paste, what a laugh you must be at a night out.  :byebye

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Lashing out? :lol:

Standard reply when you're caught out making a repetitive error. :1eye

Same old, copy and paste, what a laugh you must be at a night out.  :byebye

No error though so your point doesn't make sense. 

As opposed to someone who has to set (and tell everyone on the forum) parameters on how often he can respond? Not to mention crying to the forum that you're going to put me on ignore for about 14 seconds at a time... Yeah you must be life and soul. :whistle

Eating into tomorrows allowance, surely you can wait till then to continue your bitter and relentless trolling of BAWA? 🤷‍♂️

Laughing emojis, pointy arrows and usual abuse every time Bazil destroys  Toxic Titchy from Arbroath, probably the trolling crybaby will report Baz to Div. Anyway, I thought the wee imbecile had Baz on ignore.

:lol:

Fecking tragic. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

Laughing emojis, pointy arrows and usual abuse every time Bazil destroys  Toxic Titchy from Arbroath, probably the trolling crybaby will report Baz to Div. Anyway, I thought the wee imbecile had Baz on ignore.

Well he won’t win the Ballon d’Or but he is the runaway victor in the Balloon of the Year. His complete lack of self awareness is frankly, stunning. Don’t waste your time on him.

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Well he won’t win the Ballon d’Or but he is the runaway victor in the Balloon of the Year. His complete lack of self awareness is frankly, stunning. Don’t waste your time on him.

You are spot on. The wee man's syndrome brings out the worst in him and is frankly hilarious especially with his obsession with being top of the likes table.

3 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

You are spot on. The wee man's syndrome brings out the worst in him and is frankly hilarious especially with his obsession with being top of the likes table.

Did. Much better things to talk about. Best ignored. There is so much going on in the world. 

9 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Did. Much better things to talk about. Best ignored. There is so much going on in the world. 

He is a bullying , trolling and abusing little man who deserves to be called out and ridiculed.  He is also on a St Mirren forum , when he is not a Saints fan and his attacks are on St Mirren supporters.

2 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

He is a bullying , trolling and abusing little man who deserves to be called out and ridiculed.  He is also on a St Mirren forum , when he is not a Saints fan and his attacks are on St Mirren supporters.

Sid. Are you going to the game tomorrow or are you watching it on TV?

2 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

Television, just do home matches normally. I will be at Hampden for the semi and final though.

Well. Enjoy it. Let’s hope your confidence is justified and we can both “be in that number” for a semi final.