Jump to content

Coronavirus


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Jeremy Vine was one of lockdown’s biggest supporters.

Today the topic on his programme is “Were lockdowns a mistake?”

I was asking if they were a mistake 2 years ago but was very much in the minority. Shouted down at every turn, labelled a “denier”. “eugenist”, “sociopath”, etc, merely for questioning the narrative.

A program like this on a populist TV show would have been unthinkable 2 years ago.

But here we are, the narrative is now changing and folk are beginning to realise that lockdowns are the biggest health policy disaster of all time.

I was on the right side of history from the start. In time, it will be difficult to find anyone who admits they ever supported lockdowns.

Those who supported them are responsible for the deaths of millions worldwide and plunging hundreds of millions into poverty. You know who you are. 😉

Lockdowns weren’t a mistake. Without them the NHS would have very likely been overwhelmed, many more lives would have been put in serious risk and it would have been a death sentence to large numbers of people. 
 

You were wrong then & thats only been further confirmed as we have gathered more & more data. 
 

In other news, still no sign of all these lockdown caused excess deaths, coming up to a year since the last full one. Great news. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Jeremy Vine was one of lockdown’s biggest supporters.

Today the topic on his programme is “Were lockdowns a mistake?”

I was asking if they were a mistake 2 years ago but was very much in the minority. Shouted down at every turn, labelled a “denier”. “eugenist”, “sociopath”, etc, merely for questioning the narrative.

A program like this on a populist TV show would have been unthinkable 2 years ago.

But here we are, the narrative is now changing and folk are beginning to realise that lockdowns are the biggest health policy disaster of all time.

I was on the right side of history from the start. In time, it will be difficult to find anyone who admits they ever supported lockdowns.

Those who supported them are responsible for the deaths of millions worldwide and plunging hundreds of millions into poverty. You know who you are. 😉

Wow. Your post started off making reasonable points then descended into a bit on an unhinged rant. 

Firstly its has always been right to question lockdowns because stuff like that should always be questioned and never just accepted blindly.

But I think it's pretty clear that the lockdowns at the beginning were necessary for 2 main reasons -

1. We didn't have a vaccine and had to stop the hospitals from being over run. This was pretty obvious at the time considering the way the hospitals were filling up.

2. We don't have crystal ball and at the time we didn't know what the virus was or what effects it would have. It could have been far worse than it was so we needed to reduce its impact as far as possible until we knew more about it.

It's pretty clear the lockdowns at the beginning were needed and made sense - not so much the post-vaccine lockdowns. 

Edited by LargsBud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Covid still a thing? It’s not featuring much on the news now. Now that the public have realised that omicron isn’t going to be killing between 300-6000 people a day (jezz these people are running the economy) the government have come up with a couple of replacement fears.  Russia and fuel poverty. You can’t escape it, programmes about how to keep warm on a budget, scare stories about HUGE increases in bills. Meanwhile those pesky Russians are at it again, daring to fly in international air space, daring to amass troops on their border (even though they have been doing this for the last 7 years) 

I ran through some of the so called end of the world scenarios I had experienced with a young person recently.......IRA bombs, lead pipes, nuclear war with Russia, Chernobyl, acid rain, Third World War, wars in the Middle East, meteorites, etc etc. 
I told him the best thing he could do was turn off his mobile phone and stop watching the news. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

But, wait, history tells us....................:lol:

History tells us pandemics subside as well. We are hopefully getting to the end, the next variant will be a big watershed moment. 
 

Very minimal restrictions over December (and not by stealth like England) likely saved lives & better protected the countries health. No wonder Sturgeon has higher approval ratings 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Cases up ,hospital  numbers up ,deaths up !

Not finished with this yet!

Cases........................average still on a downward trend

Hospital numbers......................marginally up

Deaths.......................average still on a downward trend.

Not finished but not worth mentioning, as it's barely mentioned on any media outlets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, faraway saint said:

Cases........................average still on a downward trend

Hospital numbers......................marginally up

Deaths.......................average still on a downward trend.

Not finished but not worth mentioning, as it's barely mentioned on any media outlets. 

Numbers still up ,hospital numbers still rising  , R number rising.

Just because it's not on the news is not a reason to not keep reporting it as and where we can

It's still a problem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, waldorf34 said:

Numbers still up ,hospital numbers still rising  , R number rising.

Just because it's not on the news is not a reason to not keep reporting it as and where we can

It's still a problem 

Eh?

Cases, staying steady.

Hospital, MARGINALLY rising, still very low (About half what they were just about a month ago)

ICU, DROPPING.

(All the above in Scotland)

Still a problem, so much so England will be dropping ALL restriction within a few weeks, that includes mask wearing.

Only a problem if you want it to be a problem, not for me.

Quite a few of my family have caught it within the last 3 weeks, slight sore head, lacklustre for a day or two, aye, that's a problem. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're a brave sodjer, you'll make it through to the other side. :wink:

I thought I had it last weekend after coming back from holiday, four days of tests and nothing. 

I’d had a rally sore throat Thursday & Friday , tested both days - nothing.  Eased off a bit yesterday - tested positive 😖 Feel ok-ish today so thought I’d check just In case , still positive .  
 

So far the throat is the only symptom, Nae fever, headaches, loss of taste n smell etc- hopefully stays that way.   It’s nowhere near as bad as when I had it in Nov 2020 - not even close . 
 

and the good news is, tanned a Bottle of wine last night and the symptoms disappeared almost totally 🤷‍♂️   
f**k the vaccine - Malbec is the answer 🍷 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you get a PCR  lateral's not reliable 
Initially we were told LFT wasn't as accurate as PCR.

Then we were told LFT was very accurate if negative but not so accurate if positive.

That then changed to trust and rely on LFT tests, no need for a PCR.

Meantime, LFT kits changed from boxes of 25 to boxes of 7 with much more non recyclable materials!

They also decided to avoid swabbing the mouth and do both nostrils instead.

A friend tested negative on both nostrils but positive when swabbing the mouth!

Science based?

Croc of shoite!

Advice on the NHS and Care Inspectorate sited continually contradictory.



Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Initially we were told LFT wasn't as accurate as PCR.

Then we were told LFT was very accurate if negative but not so accurate if positive.

That then changed to trust and rely on LFT tests, no need for a PCR.

Meantime, LFT kits changed from boxes of 25 to boxes of 7 with much more non recyclable materials!

They also decided to avoid swabbing the mouth and do both nostrils instead.

A friend tested negative on both nostrils but positive when swabbing the mouth!

Science based?

Croc of shoite!

Advice on the NHS and Care Inspectorate sited continually contradictory.



Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
 

Never Knew Bazil was your friend  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never Knew Bazil was your friend  
Not following your logic there bud?

The changing parameters of science based advice has genuinely been a source of angst.

As a manager, I have a team to pass fact based information on to.

If the advice I am given is continually contradictory, how am I supposed to make informed decisions?

What that has to do with any other forum user, I cannot fathom.

Very strange comment.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not following your logic there bud?

The changing parameters of science based advice has genuinely been a source of angst.

As a manager, I have a team to pass fact based information on to.

If the advice I am given is continually contradictory, how am I supposed to make informed decisions?

What that has to do with any other forum user, I cannot fathom.

Very strange comment.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
 

Looking back I can see why that flew over your head... Baz knows I was only kidding.... anyway that's me off to work Somewhere there's a crime being committed...  I expect our new manager to be in place covid free when I get back tonight 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking back I can see why that flew over your head... Baz knows I was only kidding.... anyway that's me off to work Somewhere there's a crime being committed...  I expect our new manager to be in place covid free when I get back tonight 
Have a good shift.

I know not of whom you speak.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, faraway saint said:

Eh?

Cases, staying steady.

Hospital, MARGINALLY rising, still very low (About half what they were just about a month ago)

ICU, DROPPING.

(All the above in Scotland)

Still a problem, so much so England will be dropping ALL restriction within a few weeks, that includes mask wearing.

Only a problem if you want it to be a problem, not for me.

Quite a few of my family have caught it within the last 3 weeks, slight sore head, lacklustre for a day or two, aye, that's a problem. 

 

Again hospital numbers up ,over the 1000 mark ,and ICU numbers up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...