Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

A key summary........................nothing to see here, unless you're in a group who already have a fairly serious illness. 

“We haven’t seen a change in severity in individuals or in populations, but that’s why we have these systems in place. It has one additional mutation in the spike protein, which, in lab studies, shows increased infectivity as well as potential increased pathogenicity.”

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A key summary........................nothing to see here, unless you're in a group who already have a fairly serious illness. 

“We haven’t seen a change in severity in individuals or in populations, but that’s why we have these systems in place. It has one additional mutation in the spike protein, which, in lab studies, shows increased infectivity as well as potential increased pathogenicity.”

Thanks professor.

Grateful for your informed wisdom!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 6:17 PM, faraway saint said:

Just heard the WHO have declared that covid is no longer a public health emergency of international concern.

That is except in East Kilbride. :lol:

Even hospitals and doctors surgeries are abandoning the use of masks, LONG overdue. 

Poor @BuddieinEK, his period of mourning could be at an end, or maybe not. 

11 days and nobody bit or responded. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Losing your touch bully boy. Playground diminishing?

FWIW, I genuinely grieve over people I loved and supported that were lost through the thing we mention not. 

You mock that.

Your right. Fair enough.

Your playground. 

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

And still you mock bully boy. Mummy must be prooud. Narcissist

Irony.

You spewed your grief all over this thread when most people were hit by the tragic effects of covid.

Everybody kept it to themself, except you.

A professional mourner. 

Oh woe is me..........aye, unbelievable but so you.

Run along, it's not ALL about you. 🤡

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Irony.

You spewed your grief all over this thread when most people were hit by the tragic effects of covid.

Everybody kept it to themself, except you.

A professional mourner. 

Oh woe is me..........aye, unbelievable but so you.

Run along, it's not ALL about you. 🤡

I will leave this discussion hanging here for others to judge. Master baiter and playground bully. 

Finally caught it ..... yeah its a bummer however i wasnt treated like i had the plague.... was at party with a bunch of Texans and about 20 out of 50 caught it.. so its still there.... but its not very 2023 so who gives a feck... was thinking about finding 25 albanians and getting a wee boat to Cumbrae to be in the now

51 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Finally caught it ..... yeah its a bummer however i wasnt treated like i had the plague.... was at party with a bunch of Texans and about 20 out of 50 caught it.. so its still there.... but its not very 2023 so who gives a feck... was thinking about finding 25 albanians and getting a wee boat to Cumbrae to be in the now

IMG_1835.thumb.jpeg.2d3417f87fcc3dc237f710a60d569c8a.jpeg

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Did you read the report or the scurrilous selctive quotes from it in the Express?

The report concluded this on the physical measures (which included lockdown, in all it's forms)

"3.1.2 Physical measures advised or mandated in August to December 2020 In the summer of 2020 the number of new COVID-19 cases across the UK declined. This was attributed, in part, to the effectiveness of the physical measures that had been mandated earlier that year."

So, it was undeniably true that there was no evidence at the time decisions were taken to suggest that they WOULD be effective.  That is because there were no studies done in respect of COVID or these forms of lockdown in our society and noone has undertaken any studies into that scenario since then, not because there was ANY evidence to the contrary.  To suggest on the basis of this report, that the physical measures were not effective or needed  is just daft-the report states that they were an undoubted part of limiting the spread.

Edited by beyond our ken

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Did you read the report or the scurrilous selctive quotes from it in the Express?

The report concluded this on the physical measures (which included lockdown, in all it's forms)

"3.1.2 Physical measures advised or mandated in August to December 2020 In the summer of 2020 the number of new COVID-19 cases across the UK declined. This was attributed, in part, to the effectiveness of the physical measures that had been mandated earlier that year."

So, it was undeniably true that there was no evidence at the time decisions were taken to suggest that they WOULD be effective.  That is because there were no studies done in respect of COVID or these forms of lockdown in our society and noone has undertaken any studies into that scenario since then, not because there was ANY evidence to the contrary.  To suggest on the basis of this report, that the physical measures were not effective or needed  is just daft-the report states that they were an undoubted part of limiting the spread.

In your humble opinion...well at least the gov made their pals happy .... Sweden encouraged the spread and are in a far better position than us and the ridiculous NZ  approach.... 

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

In your humble opinion...well at least the gov made their pals happy .... Sweden encouraged the spread and are in a far better position than us and the ridiculous NZ  approach.... 

In my opinion?  i quoted directly from the report and not from an Express report which was obviously pursuing a particular angle.  I also never took any sides of the argument and only showed how the express twisted a tiny bit of the report to suit it's own agenda.

If you are happier with the opinion of a newspaper that took a wee slice out of a report dozens of pages long then that's fine.  

Regarding the UK's current position, our problems are down to a lot more than just coronavirus

Edited by beyond our ken

On 8/14/2023 at 10:01 AM, beyond our ken said:

Sweden didn’t lockdown and have had the least number of excess deaths in Europe

Lockdowns have killed thousands in the U.K and millions worldwide, caused the cost of living crisis, destroyed the education of children, destroyed business, ruined lives, crippled the NHS, plunged millions into poverty worldwide, the rich have got richer and poor have got poorer. 

And all of this was for seen, I stated it would happen from the very beginning