A quick glance at news reports this morning shows that Hancock claimed yesterday we were now doing 10000 tests a day. Helen Whatley MP, a health minister says this morning that it's only 7000 not 10000 but Hancock meant capacity not numbers actually being done.

Whatley also claims we are at the top of the testing league table, which is an out right Trumpism.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Nice to see them rich football players and clubs in England doing plenty of work for local communities.

Covering a wide range of people, schoolkids to the elderly.

Wonder if they've received my begging letter? 

Exactly how many did you send weeee man?

6 minutes ago, Dickson said:

So what? The report says the flights are going to London - one of the biggest virus hotspots. I really don't think they need to worry too much about people coming in with the virus. 

THAT is beyond even your normal level of stupidity, Lost Ud!

Reel it back a bit.  People think you are losing it...   :rolleyes:

As if I wasn’t devastated enough not to make GMan’s good guy/wank list, now I don’t even figure Oaky’s Chums,  Plums and Bums list.

I’m beginning to feel all insignificant and unloved/unhated on here.

As Oscar Wilde once said, there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about.

Far be it from me to speak for Hiram, but on the subject of “no evidence to suggest the lockdown is working” or “no evidence to suggest that the lockdown isn’t working”, isn’t he just saying that in the absence of any real evidence either way, shouldn’t we have just gone for the option that didn’t completely f**k up the entire country/world?

Just playing Devil’s Advocate here. 

Guy I know told me that his 2 neighbours work in intensive care at the hospital in Paisley. They were off at the weekend. Apparently they’ve only got 1 guy in intensive care in paisley with coronavirus. He’s 86, just had a hip replacement and was already in intensive care!

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As if I wasn’t devastated enough not to make GMan’s good guy/wank list, now I don’t even figure Oaky’s Chums,  Plums and Bums list.

As Oscar Wilde once said, there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about.

Far be it from me to speak for Hiram, but on the subject of “no evidence to suggest the lockdown is working” or “no evidence to suggest that the lockdown isn’t working”, isn’t he just saying that in the absence of any real evidence either way, shouldn’t we have just gone for the option that didn’t completely f**k up the entire country/world?

Group 4 is looking for some new members in Oaky's club? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

:heart

A model from Imperial College London predicted between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths in the UK „from“ Covid-19, but the authors of the study have now conceded that many of these deaths would not be in addition to, but rather part of the normal annual mortality rate, which in the UK is about 600,000 people per year. In other words, excess mortality would remain low.

German criminal and constitutional law expert Dr. Jessica Hamed argues that measures such as general curfews and contact bans are a massive and disproportionate encroachment on fundamental rights of freedom and are therefore presumably „all illegal“.

17 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

German criminal and constitutional law expert Dr. Jessica Hamed argues that measures such as general curfews and contact bans are a massive and disproportionate encroachment on fundamental rights of freedom and are therefore presumably „all illegal“.

My god, get a fecking hobby ………………. what a borefest you are