Coronavirus

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

And you’re at the bottom of the swamp

You lying racist, fascist scumbag

And, oh yeh, have worked out compound interest yet or do you need me to give you another lesson?

A scientist? You’re a f**king imbecile more like.

Have you booked your anger management course yet?

I have to commend the BBC on there sensible reporting today on the release of daily COVID deaths being reported  

Different hospitals will have delays of different lengths of time. 

And this makes it a challenge to see the real trend at the moment.

Prof Naismith said daily data releases were good for transparency.

"The only downside of government releasing data in this way is that it has become a scorecard for the media and a worried public," he said.

Follow Rachel on Twitter

It’s ironic considering the poster in question has previously made anti-Semitic jokes.

Is that me or Cookie Monster?

If it's me and I'm on the ignore list, could someone ask him to show the jokes he's referencing, please.

There is no queue. :rolleyes:

Indeed. Estimates have been greatly over exaggerated and hospitals have been emptied.

Cancer Research UK now warning that the number of extra cancer deaths in the UK will exceed coronavirus deaths in the UK.

Over in Switzerland, they are now putting medical staff on short time working hours. They cancelled all non emergency operations and the coronavirus estimates have been grossly exaggerated so they’ve not got enough work to keep them going.

In the US, thousands of medical staff are being furloughed.

You really couldn’t make all this up.

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

New Zealand health minister also thinking he doesn't have to take his own advice. 

What the f**k is wrong with people like him ?

It’s not a modern phenomenon, my late mother told me about her older brother who wouldn’t leave his bed to go to the bomb shelter in the back garden when Clydebank was getting bombed !! 

Japan set to declare state of emergency as covid19 cases soar in Tokyo.

Annual average excess mortality due to flu in Japan is 12,000.

Deaths ‘with’ Covid 19 in Japan yesterday was 7. The total is now 92.

The total number of deaths in Japan, converted to excess deaths using the Imperial College estimate (which many believe is underestimated) has therefore now ‘soared’ to 30.

I have to commend the BBC on there sensible reporting today on the release of daily COVID deaths being reported  

Different hospitals will have delays of different lengths of time. 

And this makes it a challenge to see the real trend at the moment.

Prof Naismith said daily data releases were good for transparency.

"The only downside of government releasing data in this way is that it has become a scorecard for the media and a worried public," he said.

Follow Rachel on Twitter

At the beginning, they told us how many of the people who had died had underlying health conditions. They’ve now stopped that.

Deputy CMO Dr Jenny Harries said at the Govt briefing on Sunday: 'For the UK these are Covid associated deaths, they are all sad events, *they would not all be a death as a result of Covid*'

Guest TPAFKATS

For the hard of thinking and the sociopathic.

We don't yet have deaths outside hospital included in the covid19 figures.

We haven't really tested, so the numbers confirmed to have virus are huge under estimations.

55 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I suppose the basic fact is that people don’t do as there told, stop smoking it kills you, don’t drink and drive it kills, don’t park in disabled bays if your not disabled. We are a flawed species. 

You cant compare smoking which is legal to drink driving that is illegal.

People who break the law are cunts who don't care about others and society,

We may be flawed, but that doesn't mean we endangered others by our selfish actions. 

Guest TPAFKATS
We may be flawed, but that doesn't mean we endangered others by our selfish actions. 
Not everyone who breaks the law is a c**t.

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Passive smoke? 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

We don't yet have deaths outside hospital included in the covid19 figures.

We haven't really tested, so the numbers confirmed to have virus are huge under estimations.

How reliable are the figure for deaths caused by the virus, not with the virus, out with a hospital going to be?

A lot of the deaths in care homes etc. are recorded in the manner described, and I quote, "It looks at community deaths - people who died at home or in residential care who doctors recorded on the death certificate as probably having Covid-19."

Also, it will be good to get a better idea of the numbers of individuals who have had the virus or have it, as it should lead to more frontline staff going back to work, and it will give us a chance to produce figures showing how far the current reported death rate figures are from the true value.  

Also, at the moment, deaths outside the hospital, caused by the virus, don't appear to be huge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52196978

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Not everyone who breaks the law is a c**t.

Aye ok, I got that wrong. 

Guest TPAFKATS
How reliable are the figure for deaths caused by the virus, not with the virus, out with a hospital going to be?
A lot of the deaths in care homes etc. are recorded in the manner described, and I quote, "It looks at community deaths - people who died at home or in residential care who doctors recorded on the death certificate as probably having Covid-19."
Also, it will be good to get a better idea of the numbers of individuals who have had the virus or have it, as it should lead to more frontline staff going back to work, and it will give us a chance to produce figures showing how far the current reported death rate figures are from the true value.  
Also, at the moment, deaths outside the hospital, caused by the virus, don't appear to be huge.

We don't know if they are huge as there's not a lot of testing being done.
I know of suspected cases in care homes that aren't recorded as CV deaths.

48 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Aye, I'd be surprised if they are significant in the bigger picture.

I thought wee Nicky said these were bring included last week, maybe only Scotland? 

27 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

We don't know if they are huge as there's not a lot of testing being done.
I know of suspected cases in care homes that aren't recorded as CV deaths.

That should compensate for the ones reported that aren't due to the virus.  

We should have an inkling whether they are "huge" or not. If there are a significant number of deaths, above and beyond what you would normally expect at this time of year, in nursing homes, then we have a good idea. 

I can only go by the representative sample of nursing homes, whose figures that I am party to, from a company that has 30 homes across Scotland. They don't have figures indicating a higher death rate than normal. However, that could change.

However, the level of care and ability to isolate patients in nursing homes is so variable that situations like the one in Lanarkshire could happen at any minute.

Edited by FTOF

Is that me or Cookie Monster?

If it's me and I'm on the ignore list, could someone ask him to show the jokes he's referencing, please.

It wasn't me as I know I haven't wrote any anti-semitic jokes.

It seems to have posted since you.

The person in question seems a little unstable and imagining stuff. If anyone knows it, could they check up on them.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
9 minutes ago, FTOF said:
That should compensate for the ones reported that aren't due to the virus.  

In a tit for tat way yes.

It's not "tit for tat".

If you look at it one way, you can't simply ignore the other possibility.

remember the old joke

a lady goes on holiday with friends and calls her husband to check on things

"..and how is the cat?"

Sorry hen, the cat is dead"

"you cruel bastard, couldn't you have broken it a bit more gently and kept it going until I got home?"

"how could i do that?"

"you could have said she was on the roof and won't come down, then said she won't take any food and then told me she died when I got home-that would have softened the blow.

"Sorry love, I'll bear that in mind if anything horrible like that happens again"

"Ok,  So how is my Mum?"

"it's a bit weird, she went up on the roof yesterday and won't come down..."

Metaphorically speaking, the media are currently telling us that Boris is off his food, has gone up on the roof and won't come down

Edited by beyond our ken