Motherwell v St Mirren Scottish Cup Replay 18/2/20

shull

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't worry grumpy chops, you can watch Ant & Dec as we'll be oot anyway. :rolleyes:

Ach, don't say that! 

The Scottish Cup's my favourite competition, as there's a (very slim) chance that we can actually win it! I've set my heart on a trip to Hampden this year for a semi-final at least.

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

Ach, don't say that! 

The Scottish Cup's my favourite competition, as there's a (very slim) chance that we can actually win it! I've set my heart on a trip to Hampden this year for a semi-final at least.

Hope springs eternal! 

Would be great to get through with an attractive home tie to look forward in the next round. 

Certainly worth the very much reduced entry prices on the night. Despite the midweek slot we should be able to take over 1000 fans to the game. Armchair Fans might even turn out for this one. COYS

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Hope springs eternal! 

Would be great to get through with an attractive home tie to look forward in the next round. 

Certainly worth the very much reduced entry prices on the night. Despite the midweek slot we should be able to take over 1000 fans to the game. Armchair Fans might even turn out for this one. COYS

I don't often go to away games, but I'm going to this one. 

Speaking of the attendance, I was about to do my daily dot count and noticed 40 seats have been purchased in a block. Do you think that's a supporters' club? St. Mirren officials and players' friends and family will usually be accommodated in hospitality, would they not?

1597363712_2MotherwellCupAwaySL3-14Feb.jpg.12e093a3d3ca3c17bbd0ba7f63453d4b.jpg

Edited by W6er

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I don't often go to away games, but I'm going to this one. 

Speaking of the attendance, I was about to do my daily dot count and noticed 40 seats have been purchased in a block. Do you think that's a supporters' club? St. Mirren officials and players' friends and family will usually be accommodated in hospitality, would they not?

1597363712_2MotherwellCupAwaySL3-14Feb.jpg.12e093a3d3ca3c17bbd0ba7f63453d4b.jpg

Bought my ticket today from the St. Mirren ticket office. It just says sit in any vacant space. If Motherwell are selling specific seats it might become a bit chaotic

1 minute ago, Oldfellow said:

Bought my ticket today from the St. Mirren ticket office. It just says sit in any vacant space. If Motherwell are selling specific seats it might become a bit chaotic

I don't mean to sound patronising, but are you sure you bought a ticket for Tuesday's cup game? I selected specific seats, and understood that St. Mirren were not selling tickets and we were told to use Motherwell's online system.

Sneaky b***ards! 460003337_sneakybastards2.jpg.c48f06c054fd2b076a08655e8c32a026.jpg

The club have modified the web page, and now it appears that tickets have always been available from the club shop. Fortunately Google's cache still shows the wep page as it was on Monday!

I would have gone to the club shop had I known. Now there will be trouble, as I suspect many folk, me included, have selected particular seats. This is how fights start... 

23 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Wtf are you droning on about?

On Monday St Mirren announced that they were not selling tickets for Tuesday's replay against Motherwell. Fans were instead advised to register on Motherwell's website and purchase rickets or pay on the night. I, and quite a few others, did as instructed and have been allocated specific seats. It now transpires St. Mirren are selling tickets and advising people to sit where they like. 

The reason I purchased my tickets is because I wanted specific seats, and may arrive late due to work commitments. It's now possible that I could turn up and find folk already sitting in my seats. As far as I am aware there is no 'sit where you like' policy, and I imagine this may cause problems...

24 minutes ago, W6er said:

On Monday St Mirren announced that they were not selling tickets for Tuesday's replay against Motherwell. Fans were instead advised to register on Motherwell's website and purchase rickets or pay on the night. I, and quite a few others, did as instructed and have been allocated specific seats. It now transpires St. Mirren are selling tickets and advising people to sit where they like. 

The reason I purchased my tickets is because I wanted specific seats, and may arrive late due to work commitments. It's now possible that I could turn up and find folk already sitting in my seats. As far as I am aware there is no 'sit where you like' policy, and I imagine this may cause problems...

The Common practice at away games is that people don't stick to allocated seats but instead treat the whole area as unallocated and sit where they choose. Go with the flow is my advice. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The Common practice at away games is that people don't stick to allocated seats but instead treat the whole area as unallocated and sit where they choose. Go with the flow is my advice. 

I wish tickets for all away games were of the sit anywhere variety. It would save a lot of misunderstandings and more importantly I can sit as far as possible from that bloody drum. I appreciate if a whole end is likely to be sold out specific seat numbers are easier to manage but how often does that happen? 

Just now, Oldfellow said:

I wish tickets for all away games were of the sit anywhere variety. It would save a lot of misunderstandings and more importantly I can sit as far as possible from that bloody drum. I appreciate if a whole end is likely to be sold out specific seat numbers are easier to manage but how often does that happen? 

Not often is the answer. 

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks for the advice. It looks as though people have selected particular seats on Motherwell's website, but so long as everybody's made aware of the etiquette then I am sure there will be no problem.

Could be an interesting day with the other fixtures throwing up games that mean our rivals could all gain points.

As @saintargyll says, games could be called off due to the weather, meaning another game being played midweek.

Going to be very wet in Motherwell today, take a few rain mates, no an umbrella, you'll end up getting blown away. 

image.png.02663c596ab7f15625b971e509f1a512.png