Motherwell v St Mirren Scottish Cup Replay 18/2/20

shull

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Btw, see the guy who wears the top hat, usually has his face painted and wears a flag like a cap - was he wearing just a t-shirt at the Motherwell game? 😂

I seen him at the game.

He was definitely wearing trousers.

Agree TC

In my time supporting I have witnessed 4 promotions( 77, 00,06,18) 3 relegations  4 Cups, ( SC 87, LC 13, B&Q 2006, Anglo Scot 79) I can remember fondly all Cup wins , the regular trips to Hampden in the 80s.

However could easily forget Gus keeping us up by skin of our teeth and last season in total bar the play off final...……..

We have a genuine chance to get to a Semi and then anything is possible as in 2013. Embrace it, its what its all about, after all we can get 17-20 k fans to Hampden more than triple what we get at home

You witnessed all that from your padded cell?

7 hours ago, truesaint said:

What was more enjoyable to watch? The league cup win or popping the arabs down to the first division on penalties. Must admit I celebrated more at the latter.

League Cup win, that team go down in history.

The play off.................................that team will slip into oblivion.

Absolutely no contest on what day was better, the joy and pride on the League Cup day is simply unbeatable, could be equalled but not beaten.

More relief on the play off day, not even close. 

8 hours ago, truesaint said:

What was more enjoyable to watch? The league cup win or popping the arabs down to the first division on penalties. Must admit I celebrated more at the latter.

Really?

League Cup all day long. And it isn’t just the final us Saints fans remember, it was also that cracker of a semi final when we punted Celtic out.

Scraping survival against Dundee United comes nowhere near close.

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Really?

League Cup all day long. And it isn’t just the final us Saints fans remember, it was also that cracker of a semi final when we punted Celtic out.

Scraping survival against Dundee United comes nowhere near close.

According to where the teams in those league cup matches sat in the league at that time, Saints hudnae a snawba’s chance in hell of winning either game.

According to discussion on the Aberdeen Cup thread...   :rolleyes:

On 2/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, TopCat said:

Do we need to stop being a yo-yo club? Why do we? What happens if we don’t...? I know what happens if we don’t, we’d carry on just fine.

We’ve been a yo-yo club for the vast majority of our modern history and I bet we will be for the majority of our future. Nothing wrong with that and absolutely no need to change.

If the alternative finishing mid table in the top flight every year and playing pretty much the same teams every season then no thanks, that sounds absolutely awful. I actually enjoy our Championship seasons more than the Premiership. Different grounds, better kick off times, more likely to be competing at the right end of the table, cheaper gate prices, no Old Firm. It’s just much... better.

Wouldn’t want to be there permanently of course. Few seasons in each is the best of both worlds, don’t get bored of either and get the thrill of the promotion season and the relegation battles. Here’s to another 50 years of Yo-Yoing, and a few more cup wins.

What a pile of shit. We need to become a Motherwell or a Killie with 27 years of top flight football. We need to be playing in tv e top flight at the best grounds and improving the club. We won’t do that in front of 2,000 v Alloa . Let’s aim to be a good solid stable team that is not a yo-yo team. Who wants to go thro that and win a division that offers v little. We need to stay up end of 

8 hours ago, norrie82 said:

What a pile of shit. We need to become a Motherwell or a Killie with 27 years of top flight football. We need to be playing in tv e top flight at the best grounds and improving the club. We won’t do that in front of 2,000 v Alloa . Let’s aim to be a good solid stable team that is not a yo-yo team. Who wants to go thro that and win a division that offers v little. We need to stay up end of 

Stay up, win the league and qualify for the Champions League.

How are we going to do that  ?

Motherwell and Kilmarnock have only achieved that as a result of being backed by rich benefactors

Motherwell also benefited as a result of not being relegated due to promoted clubs not having compliant grounds. They are also administration cheats.

Motherwell have been one of the biggest cheats in Scottish football history.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Why bring yourself to the forum, clearly you add nothing

You just killing time till July the 12th ?

Do you seriously think you are adding more than him to the forum?

Getting your own house in order before telling people what to do would be my advice.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:07 PM, djchapsticks said:

Correct. Someone also put their hands up and said they were absolutely delighted to be proven wrong about Cammy. :lol:

Same as first half of last season when everyone was on the case of Ryan Flynn. He'd have been first out the door in January and I was delighted to be talking shite there too (along with most of our support). 

Several Saints supporters online also continue to unwaveringly persist with the line that Obika is shite. 

Football fans, eh? 

Most have admitted Obika has been good since being paired with Jakubiak. Goodwin's interview lately would suggest he also thinks he has been underperforming until now.

You, however, are just a lone maniac who thought you would rip into a 21 year old who had probably not strung together 10 1st team starts consecutively until the last couple of months.

Anybody who thought Ryan Flynn was anything other than being used out of position is a mad man.

Based on some of your posts you would struggle to make a case for you being a football fan full stop:1eye

23 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Most have admitted Obika has been good since being paired with Jakubiak. Goodwin's interview lately would suggest he also thinks he has been underperforming until now.

You, however, are just a lone maniac who thought you would rip into a 21 year old who had probably not strung together 10 1st team starts consecutively until the last couple of months.

Anybody who thought Ryan Flynn was anything other than being used out of position is a mad man.

Based on some of your posts you would struggle to make a case for you being a football fan full stop:1eye

What happened to your appeals to people to all be friends? 😂😂

Not sure who you are but your not new. 😜