Motherwell v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 25/2/20 hieck

shull

27 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This forum man emoji28.png

End of the season seems as good a time as any to shut it down I think.

Hopefully the new owners will keep it open as it seems many enjoy it. 

Those who don't can log off, and never return. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Coming back from being behind at HT away from home is a bit of a rarity for us.

Almost from the final whistle this thread has descended into another slagging match.
Ffs, can we not just enjoy the win?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Baz, the problem is that you don't seem to have the intelligence to understand why you are so roundly disliked on here.

That's the reason you are getting so much stick (some of it unwarranted TBH).

A person would need to be spectacularly stupid to behave and speak to other posters the way you do and not expect a backlash. Many of us have tried to reason with you, to explain the problem we have with you but you simply won't listen or accept any criticism on any level whatsoever.

So, you have the problem of not being able to post anything without someone over-reacting. This is a problem of your own making. It could be worse. If you tried pulling this sort of "St Moan" nonsense in a pub or any public forum I can guarantee you that someone would beat you to a pulp.

Look, it's up to you whether or not you want to accept other people's opinions of you but don't come on here bleating that you don't understand the reason why you are being routinely attacked for your posts.

I know fine well why there is a backlash and I also know it isn't warranted. The majority of subjects I get involved in are in defence of the club, the team, the people involved with SMFC and their decisions. There is a very small minority of St Mirren fans that take exception to that. Whether it be about tickets for away fans, BTB or our chairman, some just do not like defending certain aspects and decisions of the club. Often to the extent that we get childish name calling and attempted attacks on peoples intelligence that do nothing but show the extent of the venom against some decisions of our club. 

Yes I fully accept I do it vigorously on here but I make no apology for it. I also guarantee if someone banged on about GLS being a liar in the pub and SMISA breaking regulatory requirements I would have a go back. If it was to the extend some do it on here, St Moan would (and has) absolutely be getting pulled out. 

The issue as I see it is we have a very small cliche of people (some like you think they're a whole lot more numerous than they are) that think because they all agree on certain negative aspects of the club, the backlash from my defence is my "own doing" it's utter rubbish. This isn't unique to me, in fact a number of these people also have a go at each other. Guess it's nice to have someone to rally behind though... 

Edited by bazil85

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I know fine well why there is a backlash and I also know it isn't warranted. The majority of subjects I get involved in are in defence of the club, the team, the people involved with SMFC and their decisions. There is a very small minority of St Mirren fans that take exception to that. Whether it be about tickets for away fans, BTB or our chairman, some just do not like defending certain aspects and decisions of the club. Often to the extent that we get childish name calling and attempted attacks on peoples intelligence that do nothing but show the extent of the venom against some decisions of our club. 

Yes I fully accept I do it vigorously on here but I make no apology for it. I also guarantee if someone banged on about GLS being a liar in the pub and SMISA breaking regulatory requirements I would have a go back. If it was to the extend some do it on here, St Moan would (and has) absolutely be getting pulled out. 

The issue as I see it is we have a very small cliche of people that think because they all agree on certain negative aspects of the club, the backlash from my defence is my "own doing" it's utter rubbish. This isn't unique to me, in fact a number of these people also have a go at each other. Guess it's nice to have someone to rally behind though... 

There are plenty of people who post both positive and negative things about the club and they don't attract the abuse that you do.

You are also targetted by people who post on both sides of every debate.

Why is that do you think?

Edited by oaksoft

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There are plenty of people who post both positive and negative things about the club and they don't attract the abuse that you do.

You are also targetted by people who post on both sides of every debate.

Why is that do you think?

I don't think it's particularly true. Can't think of any people that regular have a go at me that are generally positive about our football club. 

Edited by bazil85

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The issue as I see it is we have a very small cliche of people (some like you think they're a whole lot more numerous than they are) that think because they all agree on certain negative aspects of the club, the backlash from my defence is my "own doing" it's utter rubbish. This isn't unique to me, in fact a number of these people also have a go at each other. Guess it's nice to have someone to rally behind though... 

Interesting if again lengthy post.  So would you vigorously defend the chairman in a bar if people were calling him a liar over the spitting at the stretcher incident that never happened and that he never apologised to the fans for? 

3 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Interesting if again lengthy post.  So would you vigorously defend the chairman in a bar if people were calling him a liar over the spitting at the stretcher incident that never happened and that he never apologised to the fans for? 

No absolutely not. This is actually one of the myths on here, that I would defend him no matter what. I was massively disappointed with the response and lack of apology on that incident. The more I reflected on that, the more disappointed I was, especially when more and more came out about it showing it didn't happen. 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I don't think it's particularly true. Can't think of any people that regular have a go at me that are generally positive about our football club. 

Lots of us who are having a go at you are generally positive about our football club.

You see, this is a big part of your problem. You label everyone who doesn't agree with you as being anti-Saints. Some of us have supported the club for 30 years or more through thick and thin. Then one day, you wander in and arrogantly start dictating who is pro- and who is anti-Saints.

Then you have the audacity to wonder why you are getting stick?

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Lots of us who are having a go at you are generally positive about our football club.

lol, good one  

You see, this is a big part of your problem. You label everyone who doesn't agree with you as being anti-Saints. Some of us have supported the club for 30 years or more through thick and thin. Then one day, you wander in and arrogantly start dictating who is pro- and who is anti-Saints.

1. I have no issue with different opinions, I have quoted many times the points I have issue with. Including people calling our chairman a liar & claiming illegal activity at the club. Looking back on many threads you’ll in fact see, often it’s people trying to change my opinion & getting angry that they can’t 

2. The length of time someone has supported this team is irrelevant. What an arrogant comment. You also make a wrong assumption on how long I have supported the club (over 30 years since I first started going to games). But as I say, irrelevant. 

Then you have the audacity to wonder why you are getting stick?

You've again not been able to understand one of my posts. As I said, I fully know why I get stick (From a very small number of SMFC fans) and I know it’s unjustified  

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

OK Baz, that first smart arse answer was all I read.

Just f**k off you arrogant c**t.

It seems there is a limit to my patience and some arrogant c**t dictating to me what my attitude to our club is after me supporting them for just short of 40 f**king years seems to be my personal line.

Edited by oaksoft

For pre match entertainment, maybe LPM can call the chairman a liar and for bazil85 to call him out on that   :argue:

Would 6-30 in the Court Bar on Sat night do ?

I will hold the jackets (and the wallets) while leaning against the bar enjoying my pint 

I will buy the winner and loser a pint since I wouldn't care who won  :rolleyes:

BuddieinEK can be 1st reserved if LPM cant make it  :lol:

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Well Lucy. I care. I'm sure that the other 601 Saints Fans who were there who sttrnded despite some pretty steep prices, particularly for consessions, also cared snout being there. Csn we play Motherwell every Tuesday? 

Your ridiculous spelling aside, I'm fcukin' sure they, like me, were NOT interested in you being there Pricky. 

Edited by stlucifer

Guest TPAFKATS
Your ridiculous spelling aside, I'm fcukin' sure they, like me, were NOT interested in you being there Pricky. 
In this time of smart phones and auto correct folk out on spelling isnt a good look in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

For pre match entertainment, maybe LPM can call the chairman a liar and for bazil85 to call him out on that   :argue:

Would 6-30 in the Court Bar on Sat night do ?

I will hold the jackets (and the wallets) while leaning against the bar enjoying my pint 

I will buy the winner and loser a pint since I wouldn't care who won  :rolleyes:

BuddieinEK can be 1st reserved if LPM cant make it  :lol:

Can we make it Barga? I'm meeting a few buddies and an Aberdeen fan for some pints. 🤣