shull

Motherwell v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 25/2/20 hieck

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Maybe someone will correct me but didn't we only win 1 away game last season pre split v ironically Motherwell.

2 away wins in roughly 30+ matches that's pretty embarrassing.

Our away record is poor. No arguing against that Ronnie but we are still 10 points better off than last season so by definition our home form this season do far must be better than last. We have had some important wins at Motherwell in the past. I hope for something I don't recall happening, though I can't say it hasn't, that we win 2 games on the trot at Motherwell. 

Just checked a stat I have already referred to recently. We have the fourth best total of shots on goal in the League but the worst conversion rate of a ridiculous 14.7% . Time for the players to stop passing back to the keeper and actually hit the ball past them. An absolutely appalling statistic.

We have lost arguably our best two players in Kyle and Ryan, added to fact McGinn going to Hibs,

Well haven't won in 5 , so obviously should beat us...……… take a point but cant see anything bar defeat

With Hearts v Accies coming up another chance for us but we seem not to taking many chances...…………

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

We have lost arguably our best two players in Kyle and Ryan, added to fact McGinn going to Hibs,

Well haven't won in 5 , so obviously should beat us...……… take a point but cant see anything bar defeat

With Hearts v Accies coming up another chance for us but we seem not to taking many chances...…………

Sonny is spot on about the stats showing we are highly rated on shots at goal but our convrtsion rate is very poor. As you say DG.. If there was ever a time or need for it to improve then its in the next three games. 

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sonny is spot on about the stats showing we are highly rated on shots at goal but our convrtsion rate is very poor. As you say DG.. If there was ever a time or need for it to improve then its in the next three games. 

Well done, mirroring two posts, quite an achievement. 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Apart from St -Saddo are any other sad bastards actually attending this farce at £24 tomorrow?

Guilty as charged but have already highlighted that the cost of four games in such a short time, three against the same team might be understandably barriers for some. I know three of our group can't go on Saturday and one can't go on the Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Ice-tears said:

Apart from St -Saddo are any other sad bastards actually attending this farce at £24 tomorrow?

You mean supporters of St Mirren, yeah probably about 600-900 of us

Away and troll another web site

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Another game of blow football tomorrow by the look of things. 

Screenshot_20200214-141917_Chrome.jpg

Yup. 

I was just looking at the forecasts for all of UK and it seems the West of Scotland is going to bear a persistent brunt of the storms/winds.  :(

Be safe, Buddies...

If we follow the path of Livingston, Sheffield United Getafe - ditch the passing game and play it long - we too can punch above our weight.

Unfortunately, Goodwin will send his team out to play the passing game as per usual

And we will lose

Booooo!

37 minutes ago, antrin said:

Yup. 

I was just looking at the forecasts for all of UK and it seems the West of Scotland is going to bear a persistent brunt of the storms/winds.  :(

Be safe, Buddies...

So much for Motherwell having a micro climate. 

I think that was the reason/excuse they used to give a few years back when their pitch was a coo field. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

So much for Motherwell having a micro climate. 

I think that was the reason/excuse they used to give a few years back when their pitch was a coo field. 

To be fair now Munoz it has improved greatly. 

18 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

If we follow the path of Livingston, Sheffield United Getafe - ditch the passing game and play it long - we too can punch above our weight.

Unfortunately, Goodwin will send his team out to play the passing game as per usual

And we will lose

Booooo!

We don’t play a passing game. We play an Infuriating and wasteful long ball game. 
Changing to a passing game is what we should be doing. The goal at Livingston through the week is exactly the kind of football we’re capable of playing and we’re far better at that than trying to gain second balls off of Obika.

Edited by Spam_Valley

Not been on a match thread for a while because I've been driving to games. Back to normal today. On the train. Heading for a pre match pint or two.

Would like to see Ross Wallace get 10 or 15 mins today. His goal videos remind me of Adam Hamill.

Hopefully we can resurrect the
40 yards or 50 yards wallace always scores
Chant

See you all there

COYS

Just now, RichardBuddie said:

Taking my 9 year old son today to his first away game, what’s the parking like around the ground, take it there would be no bother with the well fans?

I usually park in the civic centre car park, it's about a ten to fifteen minute walk from there. May be closer parking, but if there is I've yet to find it.