The Famous West Stand Choir ( W7 )

shull

15 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Scottish football would flourish if there was no Old Firm and gate prices were reasonable

and the only way to make that happen is for all fans to boycott all games until it does! 

Don't hold your breath. Will have no effect on the bigot teams. Could you image them in the 4 stands.     I for one would like to see the back of them. It's them that are setting the bar.

Edited by pod

59 minutes ago, shull said:

Doesn't make sense either. 

Twin Village Idiot Statues at Paisley Cross for you and Ricky. 

Ye obsessive stalking jobby. 

This is the main forum you prat. I know you are used to isolation... both on here, and your so called profession

Get out more, get more benefits and get to games

Imo it would take one club to stand up to the SFA on prices and say we are charging home fans one price (£20) & away fans what their club charges us.

What's the worst the SFA could do???

UEFA fine clubs peanuts for racist chanting and banners surely a fine would be on the low side???

Suggested this to the NB a wee bit back as a more positive approach.
BFB
Buddy Fair Pricing just as you suggest charge your own fans £20, then match what other clubs charge your away support. Great way to get all clubs on one fairer price. And make sure its printed on the tickets what away fans at our ground COULD have been charged if their club reciprocated.
Fair play to the NB, standing up for something they believe in. Unfortunately football is too far gone IMO. Working mans sport no more & I don’t see any form of practical protest that will change that. 
The perfect time for a boycott would be for fans of each club to co-ordinate this sort of action on a single match day.
Believe me, that would get the attention of club chairmen. If Saints take 200 fans tonight instead of perhaps 800 that'll be a loss to Livingston of £15k if my arithmetic holds up. There's no way that can be ignored but if that had happened across the Scottish Prem at every ground you'd see change happening pretty damn swiftly.
BUT, it's not up to me to tell people what to do.
Livingston imo won't take any notice of fan protests due to the fact them and St Johnstone now give over 7000 tickets to Rangers and Celtic every home game and Livingston will now have an extra 7000 due to finishing in top 6.

Oaksoft is right it would take a full Co-ordinated boycott from every club playing away at the most expensive grounds over a few weeks period then something might happen.

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This is the main forum you prat. I know you are used to isolation... both on here, and your so called profession

Get out more, get more benefits and get to games

Time Ricky put you to your bed and tucked you in. 

25 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oaksoft is right it would take a full Co-ordinated boycott from every club playing away at the most expensive grounds over a few weeks period then something might happen.

Fans should remember how much of an impact they had on the Sevco decision to put them in League 2.

Chairmen across the country would shit themselves if fans co-ordinated a mass non-attendance. I reckon we'd see prices falling within a couple of weeks.

What we are asking though is for very serious football addicts to give up their Saturday hit for a few weeks as the season starts to really hot up. I imagine that it's going to kill some of those boycotters to miss tonights game. It used to have the same effect on me when I was younger.

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

As has been detailed on other threads, the Northbank will be considering various types of protest, and encouraging fans of all clubs to get involved

Where have they self-elected themselves as spokespersons for St Mirren? The statement was specific to the views of the group, and it's been posted on to St Mirren fan pages & forums where fans can openly express their views on the topic?

The cost of living is far higher now than in 1970, an inconvenient fact if you're as skint as I am currently due to saving for a mortgage! (which I imagine also costs a hell of a lot more than it did in 1970) :lol: 

I stand corrected on the self appointed issue Doakes. You are right.. And, on reflection, I agree.. The group have a platform on the forum etc but don't we have one or more SLO's? Is this system working? 

Interest rates for mortgages were much higher in 1970. House prices reflect ability to pay. 

The standard of living we enjoy now is far greater than in 1970 for most (maybe not all) of us. Home ownership is higher, car ownership is greater, foreign holidays are regular events for many more than in 1970. We eat out more than we did in 1970 etc etc. 

In other words, Discretionary spending has rocketed compared to 1970. We generally have more spending power but also many more choices to make on where to spend it. Prices for all items haven't followed an inflation ready reckoner path. Some things are relatively cheaper than in 1970.. Possibly alcohol.. Though I'm not sure. Some are about the same.. SPFL tickets and some are much more expensive. 

I have 4 grandchildren coming up to the saving for buying a house stage so get what you are saying there. I bought my first place in 1966. I stretched madly to get it. Before moving on through 9 more properties. The effort was worth it. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Interest rates for mortgages were much higher in 1970. House prices reflect ability to pay. 

You are over-simplifying again. House prices have not risen because of "ability to pay". It's a whole host of factors, not the least of which is Buy to Let causing artificial shortages. Another major factor is the historical availability of lending by banks which dispensed with any pretence of prudence or vetting of ability to repay. Specifically I don't know of  any bank which was performing rigorous stress test analysis of a mortgage applicant's income against potential rate rises during the last 20 to 30 years. Combined with the public's inability to understand basic finances you have the social disaster which is the current housing market.

Also if you really want to compare mortgages, the data you need are the proportions of disposable spent on mortgage repayments in the 70's compared with that of today. You certainly shouldn't simply be looking at meaningless statistics like interest rate comparisons.

Wafer thin knowledge as ever Ricky.

Edited by oaksoft

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are over-simplifying again. House prices have not risen because of "ability to pay". It's a whole host of factors, not the least of which is Buy to Let causing artificial shortages. Another major factor is the historical availability of lending by banks which dispensed with any pretence of prudence or vetting of ability to repay. Specifically I don't know of  any bank which was performing rigorous stress test analysis of a mortgage applicant's income against potential rate rises during the last 20 to 30 years. Combined with the public's inability to understand basic finances you have the social disaster which is the current housing market.

Also if you really want to compare mortgages, the data you need are the proportions of disposable spent on mortgage repayments in the 70's compared with that of today. You certainly shouldn't simply be looking at meaningless statistics like interest rate comparisons.

Wafer thin knowledge as ever Ricky.

Absolutely. Clearly correct. All that money I was paid over 30 years in the mortgage market. The fact that I passed a very successful mortgage business started 25 years ago over to my son. Clearly, I don't have a clue. Whereas.. You have probably bought a house or two and are an expert. Again your linear thinking clouds itself with too much detail. By the way you missed the deregulation of the financial markets by Thatcher and Reagan which detached personal savings and mortgage funds 

Edited by St.Ricky

It’s a start, so fair play to them. What’s needed is a mutually agreed boycott across all clubs, perhaps into the new season. Little ones here and there won’t change much, but if many fans refused to travel to an away match across the country, and stuck to it for a few weeks, change would be swift.

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely. Clearly correct. All that money I was paid over 30 years in the mortgage market. The fact that I passed a very successful mortgage business started 25 years ago over to my son. Clearly, I don't have a clue. Whereas.. You have probably bought a house or two and are an expert. Again your linear thinking clouds itself with too much detail. By the way you missed the deregulation of the financial markets by Thatcher and Reagan which detached personal savings and mortgage funds 

Nice diatribe.

I notice that you haven't actually refuted any of my points.