The Famous West Stand Choir ( W7 )

shull

12 minutes ago, GlenburnSaint1996 said:

That’s your patter for everything when your up against the wall boring I’m sure there thousands of saints fans will disagree with you but soldier on my keyboard warrior 

A  keyboardwarrior because I tell you that you lot get outsung by fans from Hamilton Accies.  Just what I was hearing.

W7 are silent from W1

The North Bank Choir would be better in the Family Stand.

Sit behind the Panda Club, they will assist

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If there is a better age group than pensioners for patronising and sneering at young people at the same time then I've yet to meet them.

Honest to god. 🤣

Really. You can't have read many of the posts I've made on the group. They do great stuff. They do some silly stuff. They are passionate, young and energetic. What do you expect? 

Just now, mattman said:

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but you can’t try and dictate to people what to do, just because you have gave them money, nobody asked you to do so. 

If you read Ricky's last post, I think you'll find that's exactly what he was saying.... 😕

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but you can’t try and dictate to people what to do, just because you have gave them money, nobody asked you to do so. 

and it’s funny you only really post negative things but when you are challenged on it you claim to “support” the group. It’s getting boring Rick, grow up.

Who has tried to dictate. Not me. But, I do have an opinion. You may not always like it, but then you don't always like what the club says or does either vis a vis W7. That's life. Try not to be selective in what you read. Accept that I often praise the group but sometimes have an opposite view. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, antrin said:

If you read Ricky's last post, I think you'll find that's exactly what he was saying.... 😕

Am I talking about his last post? I’m talking about his posts in the past about the group in general. Surely I’m allowed to mention things said in the past, or is that just you... 😕

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Who has tried to dictate. Not me. But, I do have an opinion. You may not always like it, but then you don't always like what the club says or does either vis a vis W7. That's life. 

Please don’t make me do a Cookie Monster and dig up old posts, you’ve had enough of a roasting for today 😂

3 minutes ago, shull said:

A  keyboardwarrior because I tell you that you lot get outsung by fans from Hamilton Accies.  Just what I was hearing.

W7 are silent from W1

The North Bank Choir would be better in the Family Stand.

Sit behind the Panda Club, they will assist

Livi now accies want to throw anyone else in there ? 

but seriously are you okay just negativity coming from you who are you really angry at dis your dad not give you enough cuddles ??? Did he give you too many 

3 minutes ago, mattman said:

Please don’t make me do a Cookie Monster and dig up old posts, you’ve had enough of a roasting for today 😂

Go for it. I'm a big boy. I can take criticism. Can you? Feel free but try not to be selective. Let me repeat. I love the noise and colour. End of. I don't agree with some of the banners. End of. Opinion. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Go for it. I'm a big boy. I can take criticism. Can you? Feel free but try not to be selective. Let me repeat. I love the noise and colour. End of. I don't agree with some of the banners. End of. Opinion. 

Pointless cos you’ll just shrug it off, instead of being an adult and realising your mistake and apologising. 

waste of my time big boy 🤪

Edited by mattman

1 hour ago, shull said:

What does " aggro "  mean  ?

That’s actually probably a more pertinent question.

Aggro was indeed short for aggravation was it not, which you could argue is more linked to violence than the word ultras.

Its a word of the 70s really. Surprised that a bunch of young lads would still use it. I suppose it does still form part of one of the most regularly sung songs. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aggro was indeed short for aggravation was it not, which you could argue is more linked to violence than the word ultras.

Its a word of the 70s really. Surprised that a bunch of young lads would still use it. I suppose it does still form part of one of the most regularly sung songs. 

IMO it’s up there with oh when the saints in our top songs, sang it since I was a baby. Glad it stayed alive after the stadium move. What a feeling when the full stand/ground is singing it.

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

IMO it’s up there with oh when the saints in our top songs, sang it since I was a baby. Glad it stayed alive after the stadium move. What a feeling when the full stand/ground is singing it.

Oh I agree pal and I have zero issue with it.

I was just pointing out that if the OP was going to question anything, he might have been better served questioning “aggro” than “ultras”.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Not keen on it personally but most folk seem to join in so Mattman has a point. Don't like the Ultras thing though. Started in Italy with, I think, Lazio. Had both violent and right wing connotations. I saw the power of their group on a visit to the stadium. One end holds about 15 to 17,000 people people. The end was empty until  I think, 17 minutes had gone. This was apparently a sign to the directors that the Ultras wanted the club to exend the contract of a favourite player coming to the end of their contract. Amazing, but worrying to watch. 

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not keen on it personally but most folk seem to join in so Mattman has a point. Don't like the Ultras thing though. Started in Italy with, I think, Lazio. Had both violent and right wing connotations. I saw the power of their group on a visit to the stadium. One end holds about 15 to 17,000 people people. The end was empty until  I think, 17 minutes had gone. This was apparently a sign to the directors that the Ultras wanted the club to exend the contract of a favourite player coming to the end of their contract. Amazing, but worrying to watch. 

Tbh ultras originated in Italy at Genova I’m the 50s and it was very non violent at that that time most if not all ultra groups were left wing as time went on politics change as they do here some groups went to right wing ect ect More police brutality on match day and through the week made these ultra groups very anti authoritarian leading to violence 

I think a lot of people are put off and scared of the word ultra/ultras and if we are scared of words then we’re at a very scary place in society 

also should not be scared of fans standing up to the board of directors 

Edited by GlenburnSaint1996

57 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Indeed

Looks daft on stickers when they are promoting St Mirren in Paisley

Better just dropping the aggro bit.

So, 1970's as you mention.

THE WEST STAND CHOIR  would be a suitable replacement name for the children and their wee stickers 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Indeed

THE WEST STAND CHOIR  would be a suitable replacement name for the children and their wee stickers 

Canny wait to sing we will go wherever st mirren go, we are the west stand choir 🎶😂 never had you down as a snowflake shull ❄️ 

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Canny wait to sing we will go wherever st mirren go, we are the west stand choir 🎶😂 never had you down as a snowflake shull ❄️ 

The early 1970's St Mirren Choir were no snowflakes  :)

16 minutes ago, shull said:

Indeed

9 minutes ago, mattman said:

The “We’ll go....” song has sort of taken on a new meaning I think.

In the 70s, it was very much an “aggressive” song about the supporters threatening to batter other supporters melts in (although in reality that seldom happened).

Nowadays, even though the words haven’t changed it feels more like it about the team “taking you on” than the supporters. 
Maybe the word “aggro” is so quaint/of the 70s, that no one would actually take it seriously in any other respect. 

15 hours ago, mattman said:

Think you’re getting ultras and casuals mixed up mate. 

The term ultra in means, to go beyond, which is what we aim to do 😊 

no violence just passionate supporters  hoping to bring a better atmosphere and get behind the team.

I understand your point, but as Shull says (in one of his saner moments[!])................. what does the word "aggro" mean or refer to in the context of the group?

I'd say "Northbank aggro, take you on, whoever you me be" is our most fitting song 

In terms of the size of our club, we punch above our weight on many occasions :boxing

We're also a pretty loud / vocal / aggressive support (in a respectful non-old-firm sort of way)

Edited by Doakes