The Famous West Stand Choir ( W7 )

shull

54 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I understand your point, but as Shull says (in one of his saner moments[!])................. what does the word "aggro" mean or refer to in the context of the group?

It’s been covered mate, it’s more down to the song, and keeping tradition with the song.  We are the northbank aggro, so it’s been used in stickers etc. The groups name is northbank.

1 hour ago, mattman said:

It’s been covered mate, it’s more down to the song, and keeping tradition with the song.  We are the northbank aggro, so it’s been used in stickers etc. The groups name is northbank.

Can I ask seriously what age you are? Interested to know if you stood in Northbank...

6 hours ago, mattman said:

Technically, no it hasn't been covered.

The sticker states" Northbank Aggro Ultras Paisley". Nowhere does it refer to a song or a vague reference to a song.

I know what "aggro" means and it's not appropriate in the contest of being a supporter of any team. I also know what the implication of the word "ultras" is meant to represent.

I'm not being a snowflake, I enjoy the noise the enthusiasm and the atmosphere created by W7, it's a great addition to the sounds and support for the team. Stickers suggesting an alternative thought process aren't necessary or called for. Sorry to disagree with your thought processes...................

19 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

The sticker states" Northbank Aggro Ultras Paisley". Nowhere does it refer to a song or a vague reference to a song.

I know what "aggro" means and it's not appropriate in the contest of being a supporter of any team. I also know what the implication of the word "ultras" is meant to represent.

I'm not being a snowflake, I enjoy the noise the enthusiasm and the atmosphere created by W7, it's a great addition to the sounds and support for the team. Stickers suggesting an alternative thought process aren't necessary or called for. Sorry to disagree with your thought processes...................

Don’t need to apologise, forums are for opinions but it has really been covered tbf. the fans sing we are the northbank aggro, that’s where it came from, simple as that. There’s no hidden meaning or anything else other than it’s a song everyone has been singing for years, there’s even been T-shirt’s made with the slogan northbank aggro on it!! Think you’re thinking far too much into this tbh bud, if you read the responses from glenburnsaint, he covered the ultras side of it. 

We are a group called northbank (in tribute to the stand where a fair few of us started going in our younger years)not a section called w7.

So In simple terms, northbank aggro - from the well known st mirren song.

ultras paisley - ultras that are from paisley who support st mirren.

hope this helps.

Edited by mattman

23 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Why you scared of the word ultra ?

4 hours ago, GlenburnSaint1996 said:

Why you scared of the word ultra ?

Not scared, in fact not scared of any word in the English language, however if you google the word "Ultra" as to how it relates to football fans, the first example that comes up is:

"What is a football ultra? The term 'ultras' refers to a portion of a club's fanbase which usually consists of some of the most extreme and passionate supporters. Unfortunately, however, there is often a violent element. Indeed, the word 'ultra' itself means 'beyond' or 'extreme'"

Just relating to the connotation is presents.

Edited by The Original 59er

I know a few of the boys who brighten up the W7, and they have brought atmosphere to a stadium that was severely lacking and for that I am grateful. I also know they aren't a violent or intimidating bunch. They are a bunch of young lads who love their club. To say they get outsung by 20 livvy fans is embarrassing. Us older ones can remember the 70s and 80s when the grounds were a lot more violent with the casuals, hell even the Raith Rovers quarter final in 1987 was a bottlefest. The players love the noise and displays they do. They are a credit.

3 hours ago, lugton said:

I sit in W2 and W7 are outsung by all away fans. Maybe the acoustics are superior in the away stand. Or maybe the W7 lads needing lessons in chanting.

Sound doesn't travel well along the stand but it certainly goes out on to the pitch. Been confirmed by many of our players 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Sound doesn't travel well along the stand but it certainly goes out on to the pitch. Been confirmed by many of our players 

No trouble hearing W7 from the Gasworks end of the Main Stand.Keep up the good work.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Someone has to promote the club about the town 🤪[emoji23], but yep mate that’s exactly it, seems to be an old firm sticker and graffiti war in paisley and the west of Scotland, good to see some of the young lads showing there’s more than 2 clubs around this area. 

Any chance you young fellows could come up with some decent songs?
The likes of “Oooooohhhhh wee Stevie Mallan” doesn’t cut it these days.
What about a couple of wee toe tapper type numbers for when the fans are allowed back. [emoji4]

17 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Any chance you young fellows could come up with some decent songs?
The likes of “Oooooohhhhh wee Stevie Mallan” doesn’t cut it these days.
What about a couple of wee toe tapper type numbers for when the fans are allowed back. emoji4.png

Unfortunately that song was sung before the northbank group or even w7 was fully open at home games. But yeah hopefully there should be more for the song book once were allowed back in 😊

Edited by mattman