The Relegation Battle - Season 19/20

W6er

My concern regarding Hearts is that they have Liam Boyce, who’s goals can single handedly keep a team up. Yes he needs supply but he’s an excellent finisher.

I’d be more comfortable if it was a side down there you’d expect to be sat there. I know Hearts have been utter pish, but I see them still bailing themselves out.

Guest TPAFKATS

Easiest games of the season for Hamilton should be against Motherwell. Local derby, form out window and they generally pick up points over the season.
I'm glad they aren't playing them post split.

Guest TPAFKATS
My concern regarding Hearts is that they have Liam Boyce, who’s goals can single handedly keep a team up. Yes he needs supply but he’s an excellent finisher.
I’d be more comfortable if it was a side down there you’d expect to be sat there. I know Hearts have been utter pish, but I see them still bailing themselves out.
Not convinced by their manager yet. Their keeper(s) are dodgy and they are leaking goals.
Long may it continue.

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Don't what the odds are but its Hearts for me, they have had one result against a Sevco team, with new manager, that constantly show they have no bottle, Fakes battered them, Falkirk were so unlucky, Killie 3 up at Tynecastle ?

Accies are battle hardened , Jury out on us, we are not a bad side but just really lack Kyle in the middle of the park, our defending yesterday was totally exposed...

Hearst have won 3 matches in the league and one of them was against us, Hibs and Sevco, so that means, bar us they have not won against any of the bottom 6...

Shocking appt by them, nice ground but I feel it will grace the championship next season...……………. hopefully we can squeak 9th or 10th but Jim must be questioning how last night we were poor going forward and at the back, key injuries may well play a part yet

I would be very, very surprised if Hearts were relegated this season. 

I think Hamilton will finish bottom of the league, and either ourselves or Ross County will finish second bottom. 

Links to our relegation rivals' forums:

Hearts: https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/1-the-terrace/   (there may be other Hearts forums)

Ross County: http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

Hamiltonhttp://www.acciesworld.com/viewforum.php?f=2

I like to see what rival supporters are thinking. Has anybody thought of compiling a list of all the SPFL's top flight clubs' forums?

Edited by W6er

10 hours ago, W6er said:

Hearts: https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/1-the-terrace/   (there may be other Hearts forums)

I like to see what rival supporters are thinking. Has anybody thought of compiling a list of all the SPFL's top flight clubs' forums?

The Hearts one makes particularly interesting reading. Might be worth starting a thread.. Other Teams Forums. 

10 hours ago, W6er said:

Kickback is always makes for good comedy reading. 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

That's what they say about SMFC, not just this forum.

I was really wondering about how they, or any "outsider", viewed a Baz "discussion". emoji38.png

One of them is talking about us having a "cure for Coronavirus".

Oh and some auld duffer spamming every thread with posts like "well said" and "my thoughts entirely" and "if I'm being greedy I'd take two wins".

Edited by oaksoft

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

One of them is talking about us having a "cure for Coronavirus".

Oh and some auld duffer spamming every thread with posts like "well said" and "my thoughts entirely" and "if I'm being greedy I'd take two wins".

Not so well said. You have your angry hat on today. 

5 hours ago, munoz said:

Kickback is always makes for good comedy reading. 

The Hamilton supporters are raging! It seems they feel their club's very badly run and those at the helm are not only disinterested in the supporters' views and generally ignore them, but actually intimidate those who criticise the club's management. A few of the salient comments:

The embarrassment is our club. Grandiose talk by Maitland of involving the fans more e.g attending board meetings and increasing the number has, not surprisingly, come to nought. A community trust that should be about building links with the hamilton community and encouraging people to come along to games has been hijacked and turned into the CEO’s addiction charity. Section A which at least tried to build atmospshere and noise at games has been picked apart as the ‘club’ bans daft laddies for silly comments and imagined slights while old firm fans get more of a welcome. The fans have suffered nearly 5 years of mind blowingly dull football and the new dawn that was the Brian Rice era has proved to be a false one. Its no wonder fans stay away. They see a youth academy first, an addiction charity second and a senior football team third.

I go pretty much every week and have done for years. This is the first season I can remember deciding not to go to some games because it's just not worth putting in the effort - I live far from Hamiton - to often get very little back from the team, and even less from the club who could not care less about fans individually or collectively. There is so little supporter interaction that no-one in any position at the club could really claim they even give two sh!ts what we thought, could contribute or indeed even if we turned up week after week. I'm not asking for a cuddle at the turnstiles, to be carried shoulder-high to my seat, to have butler service at halftime or even to have a hot stone massage after the game, but to actually be looked at as anything other than a piece of suspiciously pungent brown mess on the collective management's shoes.

You've got to feel for them. This is why fan ownership is the way forward.

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

The Hamilton supporters are raging! It seems they feel their club's very badly run and those at the helm are not only disinterested in the supporters' views and generally ignore them, but actually intimidate those who criticise the club's management. A few of the salient comments:

You've got to feel for them. This is why fan ownership is the way forward.

They've probably punched above their weight for years. 

If they do go down, they definitely won't be missed by me.

Do we really need to go onto other clubs websites, I occasionally view the club specific threads on P&B and the moans are pretty generic to all clubs - surprise, surprise!

Anyway my take on the situation 

• Ross County - Looked safe-ish pre-split (above the Fakes & closer to 5th than 12th) so Uncle Roy didn't really open his wallet, maybe wishes he had now.
  • Us - In better shape than last season, but need to dig out a coupla big wins at some point or else knickers will be wet & fingernails will be bitten.
  • Hamilton - It gets harder for a club their size season on season, I've a feeling this will be their season for the drop but their ability to win games when they score first might save them - but hopefully not. 
  • Hearts - On paper have the ability to finish 9th but as we know the game is played on grass :red or astroturf - lang may their troubles continue.
Edited by Bud the Baker

On 2/13/2020 at 11:55 AM, St.Ricky said:

Fear in the forum seems to be the present default position. Those of us who present differently are probably thought of as Happy Clappers.

If someone had asked me at the beginning of the season if I would like to have 10 more points at this time compared to last season then I would have said.. Yes please! We have and the league is fascinating. 

True, I'd prefer to be in the position that Livvi are in right now but every game is meaningful. If you have the stomach for the fight then this is a great time to be going along to the games. 

We are not a bad side. But, there are no thoroughly poor teams in the league this year. Surely something to celebrate rather than moan about, especially when admission prices are a hot topic. 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, Ronnie said:

I disagree with almost every point you make.

Yes we have 10 more points that is a fact but we are not a good team.

You said there are no poor teams again I would disagree I would say there are 11 bad teams this season has saw the worst Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in quite a few years you could add Kilmarnock from last 2/3 seasons too.

Yet here we are still messing around the bottom scraping the odd draw here and there, we have 1 away win all season, we play 1 tiny striker against the one team we could actually beat, we have a manager who says the same rubbish after every defeat but doesn't ever change anything.

Some fans on here you included seem to think win 2 from 2 or 2 from 3 we will be OK we have only won 5 from 26 and as far as I am aware we haven't won 2 from 2 or 2 from 3 pre split for around 10 years.

We have to defeat Hearts forgot the other games before as that is then a 6 point turnaround.

If Hearts beat us i'm expecting to be in 11th as I expect them to defeat Hamilton and Motherwell to beat us.

TWO totally diverse opinions.

I suspect the truth lies between these...

We have more points than this time last year, but the issues are obvious : (a) Not winning enough  (b) not scoring enough  (c) two new young CB's and little cover  (d) Injuries to good players  (e) Waters at LB   (f) also light on CM cover. 

Only consolations are :

1 -  (a) Hamilton lost a decent CB (Stubbs) and have their other better one injured right now (Easton) (b) They are on the worst run, worse than all other Premiership teams I think. (c) They have other injuries to key players also.

2. Ross County  (a) Also on a dreadful run of form, only slightly better than Hamilton.  (b) Missing a few of their better players through injury  (c) Not really looking like having any answers most weeks. (c) too many poor players in their squad.

3. Hearts (a) Manager with the worst record in their last 6 years currently in post.  (b) new signings not setting the heather on fire (except 1)   (c) Leaking goals due to defensive and goalkeeping frailties 

Back to us - new strikers and other signings need to do it when they get their chance. We need to win in more of the big games against rivals and the occasional game like today's also... any 2 wins in the next 3 or 4 games would really help our cause...  best to start today

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

TWO totally diverse opinions.

I suspect the truth lies between these...

We have more points than this time last year, but the issues are obvious : (a) Not winning enough  (b) not scoring enough  (c) two new young CB's and little cover  (d) Injuries to good players  (e) Waters at LB   (f) also light on CM cover. 

Only consolations are :

1 -  (a) Hamilton lost a decent CB (Stubbs) and have their other better one injured right now (Easton) (b) They are on the worst run, worse than all other Premiership teams I think. (c) They have other injuries to key players also.

2. Ross County  (a) Also on a dreadful run of form, only slightly better than Hamilton.  (b) Missing a few of their better players through injury  (c) Not really looking like having any answers most weeks. (c) too many poor players in their squad.

3. Hearts (a) Manager with the worst record in their last 6 years currently in post.  (b) new signings not setting the heather on fire (except 1)   (c) Leaking goals due to defensive and goalkeeping frailties 

Back to us - new strikers and other signings need to do it when they get their chance. We need to win in more of the big games against rivals and the occasional game like today's also... any 2 wins in the next 3 or 4 games would really help our cause...  best to start today

Hard to disagree Sweeper. 

I'll be there hoping that it does. 

SUBJECT TO A 12.30 INSPECTION

COYS 

Edited by St.Ricky

Time to revise my opinion if scores stay as they are with St Johnstone beating RC and Hamilton Accies beating Hearts. A 4 way fight and some fight it is going to be. The Hearts game next week was always going to be a biggie and it certainly is. The game in Dingwall in April also looks big. My hotel is booked! 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Time to revise my opinion if scores stay as they are with St Johnstone beating RC and Hamilton Accies beating Hearts. A 4 way fight and some fight it is going to be. The Hearts game next week was always going to be a biggie and it certainly is. The game in Dingwall in April also looks big. My hotel is booked! 

Most people that know anything about football seen it as a 4 way battle some time ago. :lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Most people that know anything about football seen it as a 4 way battle some time ago. :lol:

That's your opinion. It wasn't mine until today. Well done the Perth Saints. Makes next week's game and the Ross County ones not to miss. Looking forward to them. 

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That's your opinion. It wasn't mine until today. Well done the Perth Saints. Makes next week's game and the Ross County ones not to miss. Looking forward to them. 

Indeed, an opinion based on many factors, mainly an improvement in form from St Johnstone and the form of other teams. 

Your opinion is based on the voices in your head.

Clueless. :1eye