The Relegation Battle - Season 19/20

W6er

It didn't need to be an opinion just look at the bigger picture.

The same as the relegation battle 12th place is only a 3 Horse race(Ross County will not finish 12th Guaranteed) but 11th is a 4 horse race.

I have been saying for weeks County will not finish bottom as despite their terrible run, if County lost every match until end of season for the bottom 3 to ALL OVERTAKE COUNTY they would ALL need to win anything from 2/3/4 games each out of 12 and that will never happen.

That is same reason St Johnstone were safe 2 weeks ago too.

That's your opinion. It wasn't mine until today. Well done the Perth Saints. Makes next week's game and the Ross County ones not to miss. Looking forward to them. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Indeed, an opinion based on many factors, mainly an improvement in form from St Johnstone and the form of other teams. 

Your opinion is based on the voices in your head.

Clueless. :1eye

Sad little person.. I hesitate to call you a man. Your ego is much larger than your abilities justify. Opinions are what they are, whether yours, mine or anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The same as the relegation battle 12th place is only a 3 Horse race(Ross County will not finish 12th Guaranteed) but 11th is a 4 horse race.

I have been saying for weeks County will not finish bottom as despite their terrible run, if County lost every match until end of season for the bottom 3 to ALL OVERTAKE COUNTY they would ALL need to win anything from 2/3/4 games each out of 12 and that will never happen.

I see your reasoning Ronnie. 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I see your reasoning Ronnie. :lol:

Just going by previous years experience too sometimes when it's only a 2 horse race teams can overtake a big gap.

Ross County's saving grace is 3 teams worse than them 1 maybe 2 could produce an amazing upturn in results but all 3 impossible.

Even on our good run to end of last season the 10 match unbeaten run had alot of draws and ultimately we still couldn't catch Hamilton.

I see your reasoning Ronnie. 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Just going by previous years experience too sometimes when it's only a 2 horse race teams can overtake a big gap.

Ross County's saving grace is 3 teams worse than them 1 maybe 2 could produce an amazing upturn in results but all 3 impossible.

Even on our good run to end of last season the 10 match unbeaten run had alot of draws and ultimately we still couldn't catch Hamilton.

St J had a terrible early season and have lost a bundle of goals as their GD shows. My thought process was that their previous defensive frailties might return to haunt them. They haven't. 

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Do we really need to go onto other clubs websites, I occasionally view the club specific threads on P&B and the moans are pretty generic to all clubs - surprise, surprise!

Anyway my take on the situation 

• Ross County - Looked safe-ish pre-split (above the Fakes & closer to 5th than 12th) so Uncle Roy didn't really open his wallet, maybe wishes he had now.
  • Us - In better shape than last season, but need to dig out a coupla big wins at some point or else knickers will be wet & fingernails will be bitten.
  • Hamilton - It gets harder for a club their size season on season, I've a feeling this will be their season for the drop but their ability to win games when they score first might save them - but hopefully not. 
  • Hearts - On paper have the ability to finish 9th but as we know the game is played on grass :red or astroturf - lang may their troubles continue.

Probably the best outcome for us today!

56 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

More so as we all play each other after the split

A big week coming up for us. A win in the cup would be a massive confidence boost ahead of arguably our most important game of the season to date on Friday. 

Confident of 2 wins this week for us.

Both games if on - Saints win 2-1

We’re honestly not a million miles away from a few wins in a row.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Confident of 2 wins this week for us.

Both games if on - Saints win 2-1

We’re honestly not a million miles away from a few wins in a row.

Yes, we are. :lol:

PS Just done a calculation, we're 999,999 miles away so you're correct. 

Edited by faraway saint

Why the constant attacks on Waters, he's probably our most steady performer since the break, barely put a foot wrong. Don't get this need for the Obika / Waters scapegoating.

TWO totally diverse opinions.
I suspect the truth lies between these...
We have more points than this time last year, but the issues are obvious : (a) Not winning enough  (B) not scoring enough  © two new young CB's and little cover  (d) Injuries to good players  (e) Waters at LB   (f) also light on CM cover. 
Only consolations are :
1 -  (a) Hamilton lost a decent CB (Stubbs) and have their other better one injured right now (Easton) (B) They are on the worst run, worse than all other Premiership teams I think. © They have other injuries to key players also.
2. Ross County  (a) Also on a dreadful run of form, only slightly better than Hamilton.  (B) Missing a few of their better players through injury  © Not really looking like having any answers most weeks. © too many poor players in their squad.
3. Hearts (a) Manager with the worst record in their last 6 years currently in post.  (B) new signings not setting the heather on fire (except 1)   © Leaking goals due to defensive and goalkeeping frailties 
Back to us - new strikers and other signings need to do it when they get their chance. We need to win in more of the big games against rivals and the occasional game like today's also... any 2 wins in the next 3 or 4 games would really help our cause...  best to start today

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, same old, nothings impossible etc....................winning 2 in a row, check that with the bookies, unlikely. 

What do the bookies know (see last week's coupon) . 

A draw on Tuesday might be enough (penalties) , but if we can somehow get the win on Friday- massive.