The Relegation Battle - Season 19/20

W6er

12 minutes ago, pod said:

I have every confidence. :unsure:

I think RC have already played one half of the OF, we still have to play both.

There's little chance well get anything from both these games. 

On the plus side I've already said Im glad Aberdeen are our opponents in the cup, they are all over the place.

Seen their manager was trying to bluff they had turned the corner, aye, into a dead end. 

We can beat them. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think RC have already played one hand if the OF, we still have to pay both.

There's little chance well get anything from both these games. 

On the plus side I've already said Im glad Aberdeen are our opponents in the cup, they are all over the place.

Seen their manager was trying to bluff they had turned the corner, aye, into a dead end. 

We can beat them. 

If we can eke a win out on Tuesday night, it puts us in a very good position.

Every other club recently (apart from Accies) has pulled a win out of the hat from nowhere. Hearts vs Rangers, Ross County vs Aberdeen and Killie and St. Johnstone vs everybody at once it feels like. We must be due one or two as well.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

If we can eke a win out on Tuesday night, it puts us in a very good position.

Every other club recently (apart from Accies) has pulled a win out of the hat from nowhere. Hearts vs Rangers, Ross County vs Aberdeen and Killie and St. Johnstone vs everybody at once it feels like. We must be due one or two as well.

Aye, I'd rather be County with points on the board.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, I'd rather be County with points on the board.

For sure. I'm not even really interested in looking at pulling County back any more. I now just want us to get as much points between us and the bottom two as possible before the split.

We need to be aiming for maximum points from Tuesday (Motherwell have had a good season but injuries and loss of form are beginning to tell) and our next home game against St. Johnstone. Celtic away, is a write off but after that, it looks like we'll squeeze the Hearts game in on that midweek.

Being a hard side to beat isn't going to cut it now, teams who were in the mixer with us have been winning when the pressure is on and we now need to do it.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

For sure. I'm not even really interested in looking at pulling County back any more. I now just want us to get as much points between us and the bottom two as possible before the split.

We need to be aiming for maximum points from Tuesday (Motherwell have had a good season but injuries and loss of form are beginning to tell) and our next home game against St. Johnstone. Celtic away, is a write off but after that, it looks like we'll squeeze the Hearts game in on that midweek.

Being a hard side to beat isn't going to cut it now, teams who were in the mixer with us have been winning when the pressure is on and we now need to do it.

I can't see us beating both Motherwell and St Johnstone. Aye, Motherwell are a bit off form but St Johnstone haven't lost a game in a while. 

I'll keep my predictions till match day.

Going to be close IMO, will go down to the wire.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I can't see us beating both Motherwell and St Johnstone. Aye, Motherwell are a bit off form but St Johnstone haven't lost a game in a while. 

I'll keep my predictions till match day.

Going to be close IMO, will go down to the wire.

We'll sort that out. :wink:

1536047192_BottomSix22Feb.thumb.jpg.4cbb60982b9b275a1bb3194502f8c771.jpg

Remaining pre-split fixtures:

Hamilton

Rangers (a)

Kilmarnock (h)

Ross County (a)

Hibs (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hearts

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (h)

Livingston (a)

Ross County (h)

Aberdeen (a)

TBC - St. Mirren (a)

Ross County

Motherwell (a)

Rangers (h)

Hamilton (h)

Hearts (a)

St. Mirren (h)

St. Mirren

Motherwell (a)

St. Johnstone (h)

Celtic (a)

Kilmarnock (a)

Rangers (h)

Ross County (a)

TBC - Hearts (h)

Edited by W6er

On 2/12/2020 at 11:03 PM, W6er said:

I couldn't see a thread devoted solely to the relegation battle, so I have taken the liberty of creating this one.

631704767_RelegationbattleFeb12.jpg.2924f8acdfcfa81ca8af1f1ead24de21.jpg

As people have stated in tonight's match thread, it's looking like a four-way fight at the moment between ourselves, Ross County, Hamilton and Hearts.

Form is obviously crucial, and the above table indicates that over the last five games Hearts have amassed the most points. Furthermore, in those five games they have played the Old Firm and a revitalised Kilmarnock.

Hamilton have obviously had the worst run of form, and my money would be on them to be relegated. They looked good against us, however, and I think Templeton is a great signing. Their next two games are away to Hearts and then home to Motherwell, both of which will be a tough test for them.

Both ourselves and Ross County have picked up a measly three points in the last five games. Our game against Hearts will be massive, especially given that we will play both the Old Firm in March. Unfortunately I think we have the toughest schedule of them all, and I would be delighted if we're in this position at the start of the split. I would be happy for us to grind out draws against St Johnstone, Motherwell and Hearts, although obviously I am hoping we snatch a win. 

This will be an interesting end to the season.

The Relegation battle is fascinating this season. As is the battle for third. As is the battle for the top six. The top 2 have spread a bit but a great, tense league

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Between us Hearts and Accies. One stays up, one down, one in play offs. Decided in last game of the season imo.

Well.. You could be right. As things stand, you are most likely to be right but there may well be a few twists and turns to come. One way or another every game is meaningful. 

8 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

If indeed they  make themselves safe then our last game pre-split up at Dingwall will hopefully see County in full on Holiday Mode.......

Well, I want us to win up there come what may. I've travelled there two or three times for games. Its no fun in midweek so I'm glad the game isn't until April and, hopefully, avoids the bad weather.