The Relegation Battle - Season 19/20

W6er

31 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I would put "What A Season" at end of Championship winning season or "What a 2nd half of Season" the run from Ayr away in February to Hibs Away in April to avoid relegation.

"What a season" to me suggests something great has happened this season has been like the other 6 from last 7, fighting relegation, poor performances, months without winning, being constantly frustrated with the team etc etc etc.

I have mentioned this to you before this is the worst SPL season in years and years and has been a dreadful watch all season.

Kilmarnock 3rd last 2 seasons bottom 6 in danger of relegation, 11 defeats in a row manager sacked.

Hibs only 1 victory v St Mirren first 12 games, in danger of relegation manager sacked.

Hearts 2 home wins all season in danger of relegation manager sacked.

St Johnstone, regular top 6, in danger of relegation manager on verge of walking away.

I could go on and on imo only Celtic and Livingston fans can be happy with their season everyone else??? Well you work it out.

You do realise you're wasting your time? 😂

In Simpleland things are a tad different from the real world. 😉

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What a season. Two horse race for much of the time at the top end. Good battle for 3rd and 4th spot. Livvy the surprise package. Hearts at the bottom. The rest, including us, differentiated only by a few wins with most having a spell in the bottom 2 or 3 and still all to play for by the bottom 3 or even maybe 4 teams. That is quite a season! 

sigh....

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I know, but I find it enthralling. Mind you, I'd rather be where Motherwell are and challenging for 3rd place. 

But even that would be less than enthralling, knowing that at best, due to structural bigotry, you could only ever be THIRD in a competition...

If we were to be honest, we have been fortunate that we have staved of last place. We now have a real fight on our hands and will be given few favours from others. Tomorrow may be pivotal as it could be a kick in the teeth to Hearts if, after their victory, we keep them just as far behind. I can't, in all honesty, say I'm confident but I will be Hoping for the best.

I'm liking Jack Ross less and less these days
Mentioned this on the St J match thread. Not doing us any favours. SMTID indeed you twat. Hibs were atrocious this evening in a derby vs bottom of league at home. He can redeem himself by securing bottom six and winning at Tynie. Failing that he's finished with me [emoji13]

On one hand we might finally be about to say goodbye to Hamilton.
On the other hand we'll likely need to endure another play-off in May... yikes
To be honest I dont fear the play offs. The championship is rotten this year, United are poor and 18 points clear. The rest you're lucky to get a fag paper between from 2nd to last. We ought to win a 2 legged playoff with ease. Saying that I'd still rather avoid it [emoji38]

15 minutes ago, scam75 said:

To be honest I dont fear the play offs. The championship is rotten this year, United are poor and 18 points clear. The rest you're lucky to get a fag paper between from 2nd to last. We ought to win a 2 legged playoff with ease. Saying that I'd still rather avoid it emoji38.png

If we end up and the playoffs and lose to any of those sides we deserve to go down. As you say it’s piss poor outside of Dundee United, none of them look likely to come up. If they beat us then we can’t really call ourselves a Premier side anyway.