The Relegation Battle - Season 19/20

W6er

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If we end up and the playoffs and lose to any of those sides we deserve to go down. As you say it’s piss poor outside of Dundee United, none of them look likely to come up. If they beat us then we can’t really call ourselves a Premier side anyway.

Let's hope we don't have to test this out Cornwall. 

Tonight's result changes nothing for the remainder of our season.

Hearts have raised their game against Rangers (twice) and Hibs (twice). There is every likelihood that they will revert back to utter shite again.

We should still be aiming to finishing the season ahead of Hearts, Hamilton and Ross County. 

Just now, Wilbur said:

Hearts have raised their game against Rangers (twice) and Hibs (twice). There is every likelihood that they will revert back to utter shite again.

We should still be aiming to finishing the season ahead of Hearts, Hamilton and Ross County. 

I think we probably are aiming to do that Wilbur. Time will tell. This is not the time to be fainthearted, I Agree. 

They also managed to put 5 past us at Tynecastle. Next week’s game against them is huge

To be honest I dont fear the play offs. The championship is rotten this year, United are poor and 18 points clear. The rest you're lucky to get a fag paper between from 2nd to last. We ought to win a 2 legged playoff with ease. Saying that I'd still rather avoid it [emoji38]
Really..?
We only got through the play offs on penalties to a team who couldnt catch Ross County.

39 minutes ago, pod said:

His team even worse. :thumbsdown

Jack did well for us. His leaving wasn't handled well but he was always going to move on. He has improved Hibs results more quickly than he did with ours. Watched the Hibs v Hearts game on TV. On the night Hearts were the better and hungrier team. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Mentioned this on the St J match thread. Not doing us any favours. SMTID indeed you twat. Hibs were atrocious this evening in a derby vs bottom of league at home. He can redeem himself by securing bottom six and winning at Tynie. Failing that he's finished with me [emoji13]
I'll be quite happy that neither hearts nor Hamilton have any derby games after the split.

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Jack did well for us. His leaving wasn't handled well but he was always going to move on. He has improved Hibs results more quickly than he did with ours. Watched the Hibs v Hearts game on TV. On the night Hearts were the better and hungrier team. 

Not interest in what he's doing or did.  It's what we do that matters. 

Remaining pre-split fixtures:

Hamilton

Rangers (a)

Kilmarnock (h)

Ross County (a)

Hibs (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hearts

Motherwell (h)

St. Mirren (a)

Livingston (a)

Ross County (h)

Aberdeen (a)

Ross County

Motherwell (a)

Rangers (h)

Hamilton (h)

Hearts (a)

St. Mirren (h)

St. Mirren

St. Johnstone (h)

Celtic (a)

Hearts (h)

Kilmarnock (a)

Rangers (h)

Ross County (a)

1130949366_BottomSix03Mar.thumb.jpg.904be1e5a1c7a732649ddaee4dea7ad6.jpg

A win tonight will put us within a point of Ross County. My only fear is that, based on current form, County are likely to get something at Motherwell, who have taken one point from their last five fixtures. 

Interestingly, County's last three pre-split games are all six pointers.

Edited by W6er

17 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

We have two home games in a week win both and we will be above County and within a point of St Johnstone, why the gloom? 

I’m sure we’ve spent all season saying “we are only a couple of wins from this position”. It’s slid down from 4th to top 6 to 9th now 😂

30 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

We have two home games in a week win both and we will be above County and within a point of St Johnstone, why the gloom? 

If we play like we did in the first halves away to Hibs and Motherwell in the Cup, we'll be fine. If we play like we did against Aberdeen we're doomed.

3 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Not sure if we have the fighters in the squad ,too many loan players that might not have the stomach  for a relegation battle

Some of the loanees last season showed plenty of fight- Popescu being one of main ones. Not sure having loan players is necessarily bad for a relegation battle.  

4 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Not sure if we have the fighters in the squad ,too many loan players that might not have the stomach  for a relegation battle

There's nothing wrong with the fight in the squad. Our next two home games will define our season - win them both, we won't finish bottom and are massive favourites to avoid the play offs. Fail to do so and we're going to have a good bit more work to do. Right now, I'd be quite happy with a few meaningless games at the end of the season.