Hearts (a)

St. Mirren (h)

St. Mirren

Celtic (a)

Hearts (h)

Kilmarnock (a)

Rangers (h)

Ross County (a)

Four points from the last six available is good. We now need 14 points from the remaining 30 available, and I expected the majority of those to come after the split.

Remaining fixtures:

Celtic (a)

Hearts (h)

Kilmarnock (a)

Rangers (h)

Ross County (a)

*Hearts (a)

*Hamilton (a)

*Ross County (h)

*St Johnstone (a)

*Kilmarnock (h)

*Predicted post-split games

The problem highlighted there is we don't play Hamilton again before the split, which means we cant affect them to our advantage.
Like I said we will need one or two clubs with nowt to play for to do it a favour.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The problem highlighted there is we don't play Hamilton again before the split, which means we cant affect them to our advantage.
Like I said we will need one or two clubs with nowt to play for to do it a favour.

You mean like Celtic   :rolleyes:

Think we need to move forward with a midfield three of Wallace , McPherson and Foley , with support from from McGinn . Maybe play two up front with an attacking midfielder ( Durmus or McAllister ) . It's very much a four way battle . I think whoever finishes second bottom will win the play off . Hopefully we will finish tenth .

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not really, Ross County play Us Hearts and Hamilton pre split. Then we play Hearts so points getting dropped all over the place.  Also as we will have played more away games than home pre split we will have Three homes games after it, this means that as it stands St Johnstone, Hamilton or Hearts will have to visit us.  Still in the driving seat as I see it 

Not really, Ross County play Us Hearts and Hamilton pre split. Then we play Hearts so points getting dropped all over the place.  Also as we will have played more away games than home pre split we will have Three homes games after it, this means that as it stands St Johnstone, Hamilton or Hearts will have to visit us.  Still in the driving seat as I see it 

Aye.. but by that time any of the clubs around us could have more points!

What if we draw with Hearts & County, or worse draw one, lose one, and lose the other three pre split games?

We seem to draw with most around us.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:41 PM, W6er said:

Links to our relegation rivals' forums:

Hearts: https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/1-the-terrace/   (there may be other Hearts forums)

Ross County: http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

Hamiltonhttp://www.acciesworld.com/viewforum.php?f=2

I like to see what rival supporters are thinking. Has anybody thought of compiling a list of all the SPFL's top flight clubs' forums?

Some of the other forums make interesting reading. Hearts fans were understandably elated, and now not so optimistic. Hamilton supporters appeared to have pretty much written off their chances and then last night happened.

He was utter dugshite for Hibs the night before !

Last night convince me how much we have missed Paul McGinn overlapping. 
Nobody else at the club seem to have a clue how to get to the byline. 
Playoff will do me.
Only plus last night was the size of the home support which was larger than both Motherwell and Kilmarnock last night.

No way it will require 40 points with 4 teams involved

With 10 games left to play we probably need to hit 40 points to stay up without the play off and 2 of our games are against Celtic and Rangers International. Jim needs to get some wins - a couple back to back would do wonders for us. We've not won many key head to heads and haven't really put a winning run together. 1 win = 3 draws in terms of points totals Jim! Realistically we have 8 games to amass another 14 points so we have some breathing space. Can anyone see us winning 50% of our key games between now and the end of the season while Jim keeps on turning to the same attacking options every week? 
The most likely scenario is we pick up 8-10 points and have to keep watching Hearts and Accies results and see Ross County increase the gap between us and them as they get a few more wins to make them safe.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No way it will require 40 points with 4 teams involved

I said 40 points should see us clear of the play off spot. Was slightly concerned Jim mentioned we are only 6 points worse off than our points total at the end of last season. Last season Dundee amassed a grand total of 21 points all season - this season's 12th placed team have already surpassed 21 points with 10 games left to play! Plus last season was utterly grim until the January signings found their feet and started getting results. We stayed up after a penalty shoot out in a play off after getting 32 points last season.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He was utter dugshite for Hibs the night before !

Indeed.

Also, Hodson was up and down the wing last night, as much as McGinn used to and put in some decent balls.

I think some people have turned McGinn  into some sort of Cafu type player since he left us.

12 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I said 40 points should see us clear of the play off spot. Was slightly concerned Jim mentioned we are only 6 points worse off than our points total at the end of last season. Last season Dundee amassed a grand total of 21 points all season - this season's 12th placed team have already surpassed 21 points with 10 games left to play! Plus last season was utterly grim until the January signings found their feet and started getting results. We stayed up after a penalty shoot out in a play off after getting 32 points last season.

I said the same on page 7. Previous clubs have done it with fewer points, but sometimes even 41 is not enough!

690747999_LeagueTable2012-13.jpg.e62d8fedeb206adeac1160a46ed7c695.jpg

40 points is a reasonable objective and should see us finish in 10th spot, IMHO.

Edited by W6er

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Also, Hodson was up and down the wing last night, as much as McGinn used to and put in some decent balls.

I think some people have turned McGinn  into some sort of Cafu type player since he left us.

I can only recall him getting down the wing a few times in the 2nd half. 

He wasn't helped by Morias when he came on by him by continuing to play across the midfield instead of down the wing.

In my defence, i struggle to make out who is who from my seat in W1, when the ball is at the far end of the pitch next to the main stand so he may well have cross more often than I thought.

I certainly don't think he had turned into a Cafu type player  :lol:   but he was imho a 7/10 player who never let us down on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Maboza said:

P. McGinn's deliveries were dreadful. It's all well and good getting up and down the line but he put 4/5 into the stand. 

He was by far a better defender than Hodson though.

I'm not so sure that P McGinn was a better player than Hodson. 

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's the spirit. 🤣

That's years of experience  of being a St Mirren supporter  of 60 years, a coaching badge and scout.

Bottom by Wednesday ,then we will see what this team  of hired help,excluding young Cammy are made of,but I dont think their heart is in it for a fight