The Relegation Battle - Season 19/20

W6er

Absolutely spot on, been on the cards for weeks County needed 1 more win would see them safe.

There is the difference though we outplayed Aberdeen up there 0 points outplayed Kilmarnock away 0 points and so on and so on.

Between us Hearts and Accies. One stays up, one down, one in play offs. Decided in last game of the season imo.

Next two games for us are massive. Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home, not easy but both winnable. Do that and we have a good cushion.

Disappointed County got a surprise result but the much more significant result was Açcies failing to beat 10 man Motherwell, real missed opportunity for them, still behind us and we have two games in hand and they have a trip to Ibrox next up.

Best see what happens in the 2 games in hand before seeing if County are catchable.

The main thing will be aiming to extend the 1pt lead we have over Accies - 2 free shots to do that. Beating Hearts would be a double hit. Just get what we can and assess the situation at split time.

32 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Next two games for us are massive. Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home, not easy but both winnable. Do that and we have a good cushion.

Disappointed County got a surprise result but the much more significant result was Açcies failing to beat 10 man Motherwell, real missed opportunity for them, still behind us and we have two games in hand and they have a trip to Ibrox next up.

We still have both Rangers and Celtic to play. 

57 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Absolutely spot on, been on the cards for weeks County needed 1 more win would see them safe.

There is the difference though we outplayed Aberdeen up there 0 points outplayed Kilmarnock away 0 points and so on and so on.

No way are Ross safe yet.

We have two games in hand and also need to play them twice.

Let's see where we are in a month.

33 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Exactly. After seeing Hibs f**k it up a few years ago anything’s possible.

Terry Butcher’s arrogance made it all the more sweeter. Leaving high flying ICT for the money at a poorer Hibs side, sinking them from 7th to 12th, and topped off by being asked in the split if he was worried about relegation, just for him to say it was no concern. Absolutely sweet 😂

2 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

If indeed they  make themselves safe then our last game pre-split up at Dingwall will hopefully see County in full on Holiday Mode.......

As I said earlier mate, I think the fight for survival will go down to the wire. 

I've felt the points we got from Aberdeen could be the difference between survival and relegating. 

Unfortunately other teams, today being an example, have also surprisingly beaten them. 

That's also why I wanted them in the cup, they are erratic so there's a chance we could beat them. 

Exciting. 👍

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

As I said earlier mate, I think the fight for survival will go down to the wire. 

I've felt the points we got from Aberdeen could be the difference between survival and relegating. 

Unfortunately other teams, today being an example, have also surprisingly beaten them. 

That's also why I wanted them in the cup, they are erratic so there's a chance we could beat them. 

Exciting. 👍

Absolutely. 

Worth the admittance cost for sure

For me we are not a bad team,bad start yes i agree with that due to the lack of goals

we are slowly finding our feet plus as i expected ....the teams around us would drop points,but they are not

actually its the teams which are 3rd 4th 5th who are dropping points...Go Figure

I think Hearts are a shambles and keeping distance from them should be the aim

IF ....we end up in the play off i dont see anyone in the championship who could touch us(forget the arabs)

even so...i think we are better than the accies anyway

PLUS .... Scottish Cup Semi-Final here we come

KTF

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Exactly. After seeing Hibs f**k it up a few years ago anything’s possible.

I agree with this.

439697915_BottomSix22Feb.thumb.jpg.dea0550b55163901b595b3fffcb31c57.jpg

Aye, it's now improbable that Ross County will be dragged back into the relegation dog fight, but they could be. We each play 38 games:

Hearts have 11 games left, or potentially 33 points.

Hamilton could potentially amass 30 points from their remaining ten games.

Saints - 36 points.

Ross County - 30 points

That's a lot of points still to play for. God forbid Hamilton or Hearts hit a purple patch, and win four of their post-split games. I can actually see Hearts doing that, and they have no more games to play against the Old Firm.

37 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Don't talk rubbish you seriously think Hamilton and Hearts can catch County.

County got a great result today. Well done them. I think it is  possible, maybe not likely, for us to catch Ross County. Hamilton and Hearts? Again, likely.. Maybe not... Possible? Yes. See the pos W6 made. 

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

160888364_HibsCollapse.jpg.ce9160438c3d3379c51138b45b6570ad.jpg

Note Hib's position on 22 February 2014! 

Using a very rare occurrence only shows just that, it's rare.

I could show you plenty of teams that DON'T go down from that position if I could be arsed.

Means next to nothing, except the cliché "nothings impossible" but is unlikely to be repeated. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:38 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Do we really need to go onto other clubs websites, I occasionally view the club specific threads on P&B and the moans are pretty generic to all clubs - surprise, surprise!

Anyway my take on the situation 

• Ross County - Looked safe-ish pre-split (above the Fakes & closer to 5th than 12th) so Uncle Roy didn't really open his wallet, maybe wishes he had now.
  • Us - In better shape than last season, but need to dig out a coupla big wins at some point or else knickers will be wet & fingernails will be bitten.
  • Hamilton - It gets harder for a club their size season on season, I've a feeling this will be their season for the drop but their ability to win games when they score first might save them - but hopefully not. 
  • Hearts - On paper have the ability to finish 9th but as we know the game is played on grass :red or astroturf - lang may their troubles continue.

Always said Ross County would be safe! :rolleyes:

Guess we're into 12 "cup finals" territory and that;s just in the league....