Coronavirus Patients in China to be Treated with High-Dose Vitamin C

saintnextlifetime

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Can you please stop posting shit like that, it isn't helpful? In fact, it could be the exact opposite and end up killing someone if they are gullible enough to believe all it says.

If things like that worked they wouldn't be called alternative medicine, they would just be called medicine.

So, are you saying peach slices won't keep this thing at bay?

f**k sake, I have just emptied the shelf at Asda.

27 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
So, are you saying peach slices won't keep this thing at bay?
f**k sake, I have just emptied the shelf at Asda.

Did you know that "peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory downtown"?

That sounds like an old advert.

I am way to young to remember it.

Was it Del Monte or something?

As an important aside, I've emailed the NHS and both Holyrood and Westminster governments to tell them about this miracle cure of using Vitamin C to cure everything from Cancer and Coronavirus to mildew on bathroom tiles.

I had a response asking for saintnextlifetime's contact details. If you could pass them onto me bud that'd be great.

Let's get this ball rolling!

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, smcc said:

The vitamin C won't do the any harm and there is some evidence that it does boost the immune system. Nothing to be lost.

That's not the issue.

The issue is claiming it can save lives.

Firstly these crazy bastards are talking about using Vitamin C instead of proper drugs. Secondly, there's a link in that article to another article which starts off by saying this pile of steaming pish: 

"Will they be able to leave walking out the front door, or end up being wheeled out the basement backdoor? Prompt administration of intravenous vitamin C, in high doses, can make the difference."

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's not the issue.

Firstly these crazy bastards are talking about using Vitamin C instead of proper drugs. Secondly, there's a link in that article to another article which starts off by saying this pile of steaming pish: 

"Will they be able to leave walking out the front door, or end up being wheeled out the basement backdoor? Prompt administration of intravenous vitamin C, in high doses, can make the difference."

Aye, read the story, not the headline. 

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's not the issue.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533

If you follow this link you will find details of the trial. For convenience I have  copied the inclusion criteria below. I can find no suggestion that conventional treatment/care is beinb withdrawn. The addition of ascorbic acid is unlikely to cause harm.  

"Inclusion Criteria:

1. ≥ 18 years old;
  2. Diagnosed as serious or critical SARI (according to the 4th version of Diagnosis and Clinical management of 2019-nCoV infected pneumonia);
  3. Being treated in the ICU."

47 minutes ago, smcc said:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533

If you follow this link you will find details of the trial. For convenience I have  copied the inclusion criteria below. I can find no suggestion that conventional treatment/care is beinb withdrawn. The addition of ascorbic acid is unlikely to cause harm.  

"Inclusion Criteria:

1. ≥ 18 years old;
  2. Diagnosed as serious or critical SARI (according to the 4th version of Diagnosis and Clinical management of 2019-nCoV infected pneumonia);
  3. Being treated in the ICU."

I'm not going to dispute the trial itself but you need to follow a couple of links before you get there.

People like saintnextlifetime know fine well people won't go to the research but will read the article text I posted above and make a decision from that.

That is the danger from these crackpots. There is just enough credibility in what they are saying for people to take them seriously.

Not everyone is like you and me and capable or willing to read dry research articles.

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Greedy bastard! Only thinking about yourself! Hoarding solves nothing, ya c**t. emoji38.png

f**k society.

That bit in bold - you speak like a man who is at risk of getting Coronavirus.

I know someone who has peach slices if you are interested?

For a fee, I could absolutely make that happen. Plus VAT. Plus postage.

Vitamins are great. Not just C but all of them play a huge role in good health both physical and mental.
Mainly in a preventative way though, not as a cure.
The B's are brain food.

Korsakoff's is alcohol related Dementia.

But... ... although dementia is a "progressive" disease... If you stay off the alcohol and on your medication, you will generally stay at the level of functioning you have!

The medication?

Essentially B vitamins and folic acid!

As a by the way... MARMITE is choc full of B vits and folic acid!

It is manna for the brain!

Even if you hate it... Develop a taste for it!

I digress.

The irony?

If you have drank enough to get Korsakoff's, the chances of you staying off the juice and on the meds is slim. [emoji25]

Lesson?

Vitamin intake is not namby pamby nanny state interference!

It truly matters!

I'm away to hammer that vodka now... Toast and Marmite for breakfast! [emoji850]

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Did you forget this bit at the start?

The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.

No, I didn't.

That statement is a standard disclaimer from the U.S. Government as they are not running the trial. The trial is simply to see whether high dose vitamin C has any significant effect over placebo on the course of the illness. As the projected number of participants is small, a much larger RCT would be required to confirm any positive effect.

Guest TPAFKATS
The B's are brain food.

Korsakoff's is alcohol related Dementia.

But... ... although dementia is a "progressive" disease... If you stay off the alcohol and on your medication, you will generally stay at the level of functioning you have!

The medication?

Essentially B vitamins and folic acid!

As a by the way... MARMITE is choc full of B vits and folic acid!

It is manna for the brain!

Even if you hate it... Develop a taste for it!

I digress.

The irony?

If you have drank enough to get Korsakoff's, the chances of you staying off the juice and on the meds is slim. [emoji25]

Lesson?

Vitamin intake is not namby pamby nanny state interference!

It truly matters!

I'm away to hammer that vodka now... Toast and Marmite for breakfast! [emoji850]
Aye all great unless you have pernicious anemia [emoji1]