Bank Branches

Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
Oh dear.... Your own words. Your wife gets away with it. Not mine. Fly man might well be an apt description. But as I said.. Good for you if you can get away with it. 

You really haven't understood what he posted and you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself. I advise you to go back and read what he actually said. Or don't, your choice.

He's updated his post, still twaddle, just more. :lol:

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

emoji23.png

Yeah, I'm going to go right on ahead and say that he hasn't understood what I posted.

I don't even know why he is talking about fees for depositing cash.

Who knows what goes on inside that peanut of a brain.

Edited by oaksoft

47 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

So you wrote a bank he isn't a client of....

But Mr Oaksoft clearly writes "my bank"Here endeth the lesson on being a numpty at a numptiness level not seen since you last posted. emoji23.png

I THINK he is attempting to denigrate my wife's business by suggesting we are running some tin pot affair because we have the audacity to accept payments in cash (coins in particular-shock, horror) but he's making an arse of it by not understanding what he is responding to.

Quite why he thinks I would suddenly start to give a f**k what he thinks about anything is beyond me.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I THINK he is attempting to denigrate my wife's business by suggesting we are running some tin pot affair because we have the audacity to accept payments in cash (coins in particular-shock, horror) but he's making an arse of it by not understanding what he is responding to.

Quite why he thinks I would suddenly start to give a f**k what he thinks about anything is beyond me.

Hilarious. 

Good rescue attempt. 

What is difficult to understand. 

You are managing to avoid Bank charges. I said well done fly man. 

How many young guys is it taking and still failing to handle this 74 year old. Let me say once again that Oaky is at it. Pulling a fast one. Even daft enough to talk about it on line. Keep it coming lads or do yourselves a favour and move on. Bothers me not one bit, one way or another. 

20 hours ago, antrin said:

granted, I have no need of cash deposits.

have “always” been online all that time.

can’t comprehend why other than cashpoints, banks as a physical entity still exist!

I get that many people are paid through their bank account and don’t really require the necessity to make deposits.

However, it is still a necessity for many others. Businesses need that go-to place to make deposits or collect/swap in change. Many people who are self employed need to transfer cash earnings into their bank account. Indeed I’m in this position myself - the majority of my earnings are cash, but all outgoings for the bills are through the bank account (minus my rent which I can actually pay in cash to the agency). Without a local bank I’d have travel miles just so I can actually pay my electric/gas bills, council tax and so on. Having to do that every month would be an absolute ball ache and a waste of time that could otherwise be used for better things.

19 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I get that many people are paid through their bank account and don’t really require the necessity to make deposits.

However, it is still a necessity for many others. Businesses need that go-to place to make deposits or collect/swap in change. Many people who are self employed need to transfer cash earnings into their bank account. Indeed I’m in this position myself - the majority of my earnings are cash, but all outgoings for the bills are through the bank account (minus my rent which I can actually pay in cash to the agency). Without a local bank I’d have travel miles just so I can actually pay my electric/gas bills, council tax and so on. Having to do that every month would be an absolute ball ache and a waste of time that could otherwise be used for better things.

Absolutely right. I argued against doing away with an Agency Network which in my case gave local access to around 150,000 customers to pay in and withdraw. These were individual customers. Businesses paying in cash were charged a handling fee if they made regular notes and especially coin payments. These were accepted when bundled and bagged in appropriate denominations which made counting and weighing easier. These days there tend to be standard transaction fees for businesses. Vary from bank to bank. Unsorted monies were a headache. One of my branches had 10 till positions. Queues were unfortunately, or fortunately!, common and these transactions caused frustration to other customers. Setting aside tills for business customers was a costly business. PS. I still visit my Bank but only to deposit cheques which I feed into a machine!!! 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Good of you all to prove me right. 3 of you and you still can't handle it or leave it alone. Puppets on a string. 
Pay up Oaky. No need to boast about pulling a fast one with the bank. Cheapskate comes to mind to add to the fly man comment. 

I hope that you never, as I suggested, went back and read his post again as, if you did, that would be twice you have failed to comprehend the same few lines of basic English.

All correct and in order Slarti. 

However each of you try, the man said it himself. If he deposits cash then they want (correctly) to charge him for the service. However, if his wife does it then they leave her alone. Big Oaky takes the fly man path and let's Lady Oaky do the business and so avoids fees. Our of the mouth of Oaky but again you look like another time waster who cannot handle the truth. Keep going, I have plenty of time.