Bank Branches

Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

Yes
Something you are clearly unable or unwilling to do. 🤦‍♂️

Thanks son. 

Have a good day. 

The lad clearly admitted that his wife goes to deal with the coin and cash deposits as she isn't charged or challenged whereas he is. Simple. If you can't understand that.. Well. What Could one do to help you. 

Modifying Oaky's normal response to be a little more caring ahead of Random Acts of Kindness Day tomorrow. I didn't ask for your opinion. However, thanks but hope you don't mind that I think you are misguided and that I will be largely ignoring it. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely right. I argued against doing away with an Agency Network which in my case gave local access to around 150,000 customers to pay in and withdraw. These were individual customers. Businesses paying in cash were charged a handling fee if they made regular notes and especially coin payments. These were accepted when bundled and bagged in appropriate denominations which made counting and weighing easier. These days there tend to be standard transaction fees for businesses. Vary from bank to bank. Unsorted monies were a headache. One of my branches had 10 till positions. Queues were unfortunately, or fortunately!, common and these transactions caused frustration to other customers. Setting aside tills for business customers was a costly business. PS. I still visit my Bank but only to deposit cheques which I feed into a machine!!! 

I remember as a kid always being queued up at the bank at Paisley Cross whenever my mother needed to speak to one of the advisors. Back then Internet banking may not have been as big as it is now, but many of us still require the services that the internet can not achieve. I feel for many, especially the elderly down here in Cornwall who have to make a day trip just to go to their bank. 

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I remember as a kid always being queued up at the bank at Paisley Cross whenever my mother needed to speak to one of the advisors. Back then Internet banking may not have been as big as it is now, but many of us still require the services that the internet can not achieve. I feel for many, especially the elderly down here in Cornwall who have to make a day trip just to go to their bank. 

Yep. I knew the manager there in BOS. He was a Paisley guy. He moved on to a big job in Glasgow BOS Main Branch but before that was in the manager of the BOS branch that dealt with Celtic as Fergus McCann came on the scene. Interesting story there. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
Yep. I knew the manager there in BOS. He was a Paisley guy. He moved on to a big job in Glasgow BOS Main Branch but before that was in the manager of the BOS branch that dealt with Celtic as Fergus McCann came on the scene. Interesting story there. 

FFS, are you related to baby cuddler?

Ah.. What fantasy world do you love in. Great story about Fergus and the BOS at 4.55. Five minutes to Administration. 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

C8EC6865-E577-40DA-AB2D-0CC67A92A929.jpeg.069b32f30c5d24e1a92f8630029e784c.jpeg

That's the lad. "Celtic owe the bank £5m he said and there is nothing in the biscuit tinn. I'll give you £1,5m as long as you agree to settle before 5pm. After that, I'm off home to Canada." The bank accepted, the board had agreed. There was no administration for Celtic. 

Ricky - I think you'll agree that I am not part of a pack. So this post is to help you.

Oaky went in to his bank to do business.
A member of staff in HIS bank talked about other banks.
Oaky said that isn't relevant to him because he doesn't use those other banks.

OAKY WAS IN HIS OWN BANK.

Please re-read original post and apologise for all your subsequent posts.
Thank you.

12 hours ago, antrin said:

For what it”s worth, Ricky...

you”d likely slot me into the “gang+trolling” crowd, as I also believe you’ve misunderstood oxter’s post and should have acknowledged that slip-up and let your confusion fade away....

That's where your suggestion won't work as when he makes a mistake, and we all do, he doesn't have the grace to admit it.

This is one of his traits.

As for this "poor me, gang trolling" line, when you continually post pointless tripe you are likely to be called out on it.

Sweep suffers the same fate, deservedly so. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's where your suggestion won't work as when he makes a mistake, and we all do, he doesn't have the grace to admit it.

This is one of his traits.

As for this "poor me, gang trolling" line, when you continually post pointless tripe you are likely to be called out on it.

Sweep suffers the same fate, deservedly so. 

Too proud to admit it

They do say "Pride comes before a fall", or is it fail

11 hours ago, Mykey said:

Ricky - I think you'll agree that I am not part of a pack. So this post is to help you.

Oaky went in to his bank to do business.
A member of staff in HIS bank talked about other banks.
Oaky said that isn't relevant to him because he doesn't use those other banks.

OAKY WAS IN HIS OWN BANK.

Please re-read original post and apologise for all your subsequent posts.
Thank you.

Thanks Mykey. 

The story was then that his own bank normally made charges for accepting cash and coin and the manager approached Oaky to mention this. Oakys wife goes in and no mention is made. Oakey keeps sending her in and do avoiding paying the fees. 

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks Mykey. 

The story was then that his own bank normally made charges for accepting cash and coin and the manager approached Oaky to mention this. Oakys wife goes in and no mention is made. Oakey keeps sending her in and do avoiding paying the fees. 

FFS this is actually hilarious.

Edited by oaksoft