Farewell Caroline Flack

faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Recent court case, which all seemed a bit of a sham and unnecessary, seems to have been a factor.

Tragic that she felt the only way out was to take her life. :(

Sham.? Unnecessary?

You seem to be ITK. She was up for assault but obviously you know the true story.

Share with the group.

37 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yes, three. I just stream (almost) everything I watch, I very rarely watch "live" TV. I'm also not interested in "celebrity" culture or "reality" TV, so I tend not to know who these types of people are. I have to go and look them up. I'm more likely to recognise the name of a scientist or tech innovator than I am a modern "celebrity". This place is my "escape from reality". default_smile.png As for THAT lager, even if I did have it on tap, I wouldn't drink it.

And it's quite hip to live in a cave, didn't you know? At least it was when I were a lad back in the stone age.

I'm largely the same although I have heard of this woman from the BBC front page. Apparently she's in something called Love Island but I honestly have no idea or interest in what that's all about.

I haven't watched TV other than DVD's since 2007.

In fairness I wouldn't recognise a Nobel prize winning scientist or what they were awarded that prize for if my life depended on it. Same goes for tech innovators other than idiots like Elon Musk who get forced down our throats as some modern day Isaac Newton. It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. The innovation is coming from his employees not him.

I guess I'm just not that interested in people from any walk of life. :D

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Sham.? Unnecessary?

You seem to be ITK. She was up for assault but obviously you know the true story.

Share with the group.

Do you know who this alleged assault, which she denied, was against?

Do you know what this alleged victim has said since and was unwilling to support any prosecution? 

Run along. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you know what this alleged victim has said since and was unwilling to support any prosecution? 

Run along. 

No and do you know why?

Because I have a f**king life FS. :D

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
I'm largely the same although I have heard of this woman from the BBC front page. Apparently she's in something called Love Island but I honestly have no idea or interest in what that's all about.
I haven't watched TV other than DVD's since 2007.
In fairness I wouldn't recognise a Nobel prize winning scientist or what they were awarded that prize for if my life depended on it. Same goes for tech innovators other than idiots like Elon Musk who get forced down our throats as some modern day Isaac Newton. It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. The innovation is coming from his employees not him.
I guess I'm just not that interested in people from any walk of life. emoji3.png

I didn't say I would recognise many scientists etc, just that I was more likely to recognise them than modern "celebrities". To be fair, I've always been like that, when I'm not interested in something then I tend not to retain anything at all about it. I'll probably forget all about this girl by the end of tomorrow.

What girl?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

So stop asking fecking stupid questions.

Oh, and your life................................WEIRD. :moony2

I apologise for not being a walking encyclopedia of celebrity culture like you.

Cockles explains adequately enough why people should leave comments about criminal investigations to those who actually know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

As I like you don't know all the facts regarding the alleged domestic assault.

All I can say is I have heard people defend their partners that have assaulted them and even saying in some cases it was their own fault. For that reason it is in Scotland for the PF to decide on the continuation of proceedings rather than the initially assaulted person.

All I can say is.....................................that's meant to be some sort of what exactly? :lol:

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I apologise for not being a walking encyclopedia of celebrity culture like you.

Cockles explains adequately enough why people should leave comments about criminal investigations to those who actually know what they are doing.

No he really doesn't. 

Just now, cockles1987 said:

If you don't understand it then that is down to your education failings, I can't explain it any simpler.emoji6.png

Oi don't diss Oaky, I do know sometimes what I'm writing about. emoji14.png

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

As I like you don't know all the facts regarding the alleged domestic assault.

All I can say is I have heard people defend their partners that have assaulted them and even saying in some cases it was their own fault. For that reason it is in Scotland for the PF to decide on the continuation of proceedings rather than the initially assaulted person.

You're relaying hearsay as some sort of reason. :lol:

OK, all I can say is that in many cases of a domestic things get out of hand by both parties, the police arrive and both parties agree it was a storm in a tea cup.

That'll do for me your honour. :byebye

You're relaying hearsay as some sort of reason. default_laugh.png

OK, all I can say is that in many cases of a domestic things get out of hand by both parties, the police arrive and both parties agree it was a storm in a tea cup.

That'll do for me your honour. default_bye1.gif

It seems it’s okay for women to perpetrate violence against their partners

One of my mates was attacked by his partner on several occasions, including stabbing him with a knife.

He filmed her final attack on him and phoned the police. She was arrested, charged and went to court.

Despite the film evidence it was found not proven.

It’s all just a big laugh if men are on the receiving end of it

9 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

It seems it’s okay for women to perpetrate violence against their partners

One of my mates was attacked by his partner on several occasions, including stabbing him with a knife.

He filmed her final attack on him and phoned the police. She was arrested, charged and went to court.

Despite the film evidence it was found not proven.

It’s all just a big laugh if men are on the receiving end of it

You made that up. 

You don't have any mates. 😜

Edited by faraway saint

Run along. 
That's the type of speak we hear from women in an abusive relationship.
Fame and celebrity status was what she seeked.

There's a few parts to this that are shite

Firstly it's shite that she battered her ex-partner with a lamp when he was sleeping, no getting away from that

Secondly, this "outrage culture" that only seems to apply to the general public. There has been very little "outrage" in the traditional media about the way this lady was hounded - by the media. The Daily Mail were posting pictures earlier of her ex-partner sitting on his own, crying. How shite is that?

If I started following around someone with a camera - whose ex partner had just died, I'd rightly be called a dick - why do the paps get off with it?

It also seems a bit shite that the CPS chose not to press charges, the ex-partner chose not to press charges - yet "senior police" insisted that the CPS press charges because of her profile. Court of public opinion seems to be leaking into actual law, which is pretty shite for everyone involved

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I didn't think it was possible for the police to force the CPS to do that.

Yeah I thought so too. Read it on the daily mail (:green) site earlier, weird one

It was claimed that the Crown Prosecution Service initially decided not to charge Miss Flack with assaulting her boyfriend last December, but senior police officers are said to have pressed for a charging decision; 

Miss Flack was allegedly tormented over the idea of a jury being shown police 'bodycam' footage taken during the night of the alleged assault;

ITV bosses continued to hold high-level crisis talks about the future of Love Island, although staff on the programme have been told the show is safe;

Contestants on the current series have still not been told of Miss Flack's death, although crew described the mood on set as 'on the floor' and 'incredibly low';

It emerged Miss Flack flew to Barcelona with a friend a week before her death, with the friend releasing photographs of her during the holiday.