Random Acts of Kindness Day 17 Feb

St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Congratulations TPAK thingy.

You just handed him a trumpet.

And doesn't he play it well.

Well played you absolute nugget. :lol:

Is there a prize for the most self-congratulatory nauseating post of the year? We have a winner if so.

I'm proud of his kindness. He's a clever lad. Nature took care of that. 

21 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Well played you absolute nugget. emoji38.png
Is there a prize for the most self-congratulatory nauseating post of the year? We have a winner if so.

Sorry you lost your title.

You're confusing 'title' and 'marbles' again.

A little sad perhaps TP. 
I'd encourage all to share anecdotes of little examples of good deeds for others. Many others will be doing more. 
My elder son won a UK wide open competition as E Commerce Champion of The UK a number of years ago. He won both the Individual and Team Prize. The team prize was £10k between the five people in the team. The individual prize was a special edition Lotus Elyese. He was chuffed as lots of big name companies had entered teams. I later asked him if he had taken delivery of the car after seeing a photograph of him with it. He said no.. After a bit of prodding he told me that he had taken the cash equivalent. Since he had recently married, I thought, the cash would be useful. He told me that he had split the cash for the car between his old team, keeping only one fifty share for himself as he couldn't have won without them. PS His old team as he had been moved to another group company meanwhile. That's my boy. 

Not sure there’s a kind way of saying it, but you honestly are a condescending prick.

Don’t forget to ring the Gazette and get the photographer in place for your ‘random’ act of kindness at Waitrose [emoji2]

Has there been a more worthy use of FFS on here ? [emoji15]

Guest TPAFKATS
You're genuinely trying to put a case for people pointing out the biggest troll on the forum is, somehow, getting a hard time,?
Do me a fecking favour. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
And yet there's a queue to engage with the "biggest troll on the forum" [emoji849]

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Not sure there’s a kind way of saying it, but you honestly are a condescending prick.

Don’t forget to ring the Gazette and get the photographer in place for your ‘random’ act of kindness at Waitrose emoji2.png

Has there been a more worthy use of FFS on here ? emoji15.png

Actually.. No need. My sons achievement was covered on TV and in the national press but the kindness part is what impressed me. What a lad. As for me today. Act of kindness completed but not at Waitrose. I've bought a pal a ticket for Friday's game. Now there is an opportunity for each of my detractors.. Will they take it? Will they attend? Or, will they merely snipe away. Mmm. Tough one. Let's see. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Well played you absolute nugget. emoji38.png

Sorry you lost your title.

Nice comeback TBF.

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Article (Satire)

Just came across this article this morning in regards to any Waitrose shoppers who have to lower themselves to the depths of a “lower class supermarket”

Many Thanks, Cornwall.

I could have used that in St Austell at Xmas!

So many “lower class supermarket” venues and nary a Waitrose!

Such fun.  And there were people in there who were actually purchasing items.

….…………………………………………………...

My wummin's been having problems with a doorlock.  I can use it: she struggles.

I have worked on it, done stuff on it in the past, (it's only been about 35 years in service...) but the other day it seemed utterly kaput.  The key was now unturnable and I couldnae figure why...

I took the lock out this morning - still couldnae figure how to make it happy - so wandered down to a local locksmith to let him have a look or I'd buy a replacement.

He played with it for 15-20 minutes and it's now working fine.  He refused to accept payment.

Random Locksmith-being-a-very-good-guy, day.  :)

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Many Thanks, Cornwall.

….…………………………………………………...

My wummin's been having problems with a doorlock.  I can use it: she struggles.

I have worked on it, done stuff on it in the past, (it's only been about 35 years in service...) but the other day it seemed utterly kaput.  The key was now unturnable and I couldnae figure why...

I took the lock out this morning - still couldnae figure how to make it happy - so wandered down to a local locksmith to let him have a look or I'd buy a replacement.

He played with it for 15-20 minutes and it's now working fine.  He refused to accept payment.

Random Locksmith-being-a-very-good-guy, day.  :)

Great story! 

Kindness does exist. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Hi wee man. 

You just can't stay away.... Unless it's away from the game that is. 

See @TPAFKATS this is the level of utter drivel I've been getting for around 2 years, relentless.

Again, his "gang trolling" is entirely down to him being a walloper, gets all he deserves. 

PS Quite often withing minutes of posting, like his latest drivel. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

See @TPAFKATS this is the level of utter drivel I've been getting for around 2 years, relentless.

Again, his "gang trolling" is entirely down to him being a walloper, gets all he deserves. 

Oh dear. Are you stamping your little feet wee man? Gang Trolling.. Really. 

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

PS Quite often withing minutes of posting, like his latest drivel. :lol:

A lot like yourself in fact. 

I decided to join the gang, wen't down to Aldi today, waited for the right moment, seen an elderly, stinky old woman heading towards the checkout.

Jumped right in, paid for her shopping, lucky it was only a small apple she had, cheap and made me feel good.

Thought this was worth sharing, I'm expecting the TV and newspapers to be all over this. :rolleyes:

I'll keep you updated. :lol:

18 hours ago, antrin said:

Many Thanks, Cornwall.

….…………………………………………………...

Come on antrin, do some research!

The closest Waitrose to Charlestown is in Truro. You can make that in about 20-25 minutes. As soon as you’re out of St Austell it’s a straight road all the way to Truro (through Hewas Water) and the Waitrose is even on the side of Truro you’d enter in so you don’t have to try and make your way through to the other side. Your lack of research means you deserve to suffer entering a shop amongst peasants such as myself.

Did you have to buy new tyres for your Volvo afterwards, or was Tristram there ready to pull away?

Aye.  :)

We did use that new Waitrose...  used it when it first opened, too!

(slightly over-complicated getting into and out of, heading south....)

not a bloody Volvo....  it’s a BMW, think it’s X3.  It’s Her’s...

(I’ve no interest in cars, despite driving for a job. I use an ancient, sickly focus estate.)

Topped up in St Austell at Tesco...  and explored a Lidl next door, iirc?

fascinating....

oh, aye, and the very good chippie next to them.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Aye.  :)

We did use that new Waitrose...  used it when it first opened, too!

(slightly over-complicated getting into and out of, heading south....)

not a bloody Volvo....  it’s a BMW, think it’s X3.  It’s Her’s...

(I’ve no interest in cars, despite driving for a job. I use an ancient, sickly focus estate.)

Topped up in St Austell at Tesco...  and explored a Lidl next door, iirc?

fascinating....

oh, aye, and the very good chippie next to them.

BMW...every other driver’s worst nightmare 😂

Yes I know where you are. I’ve used that Lidl for breakfast a couple of times (the Lidl bakery sections are excellent) in between contract jobs that took me out that way. It’s not far from Par Market, and I regularly take my kids to Kidzworld/Cornucopia there.