St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're wasting your time, the son of Ricky is a simple soul, leave him be.

He's away buying more "join the dots" books, he loves his dots. :lol:

Back on topic, as has been mentioned, we have done pretty well against Aberdeen this season.

Sure, overall, they are a better team but they are inconsistent and they will be wary of us, could be seen as a bogey team. 

Tough game but not impossible we can win it. 

Amazing that you come to a conclusion like that. Who could believe it? 

Strangely, both myself and the other poster you now seem to have taken to harassing have been saying the same thing. 

Aberdeen are the highest placed team we have beaten this season. Also a draw against them. Killie would have been my choice as they are a. Lower placed in the league and geographicaly closer in the event of a replay. 

Aberdeen are physical, work hard and are very organised. Kennedy might give them some better service into the box. Scoring goals has been an issue for them in recent games but this result shows they can but they also lose goals when they push forward as they did late on against Celtic and were punished for it on the break. 

Looking forward to being there. There should be a great atmosphere in the stadium. You can't beat being at a game. 

Edited by St.Ricky

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Aberdeen are the highest placed team we have beaten this season. Also a draw against them. Killie would have been my choice as they are a. Lower placed in the league and geographicaly closer in the event of a replay. 

Or not,  if you live on the east coast...

Be surprised if Aberdeen agree to a big cut in ticket prices given their new chairman has been calling for Saturday night TV.
Add to that the fact a fair few Don's fans who cant get home by train that night, and don't fancy getting in about 1.00 am Sunday morning will hit the pub or the couch with a takeaway/carry out...
Aberdonians love a freebie even more than Shull!

You totally missed my point let me explain. The poster I quoted says when St Mirren play our best we can beat any team in Scotland I just highlighted in 15 matches against the 6 best teams in Scotland we have only won 1.

I fancied us to beat Aberdeen 2nd game of season won money on it.

I expected Aberdeen to beat us away we produced arguably our best away performance of the season but preceded to miss more than 5 really good chances and unluckily got beat.

I expected us to beat Aberdeen a few weeks ago based on our previous 2 meetings and their form unfortunately the post stopped that from happening.

I expect us to beat Aberdeen next week as they are still pretty poor and again I will be betting us to win as I did previously.

Acht well let's just forfeit the tie then, we can't win !

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

We can beat anybody in Scotland playing our best???

Then slagging Faraway but showing him the league table.

Let me introduce you to the concept of the league table that we are currently in and we will focus on the best 6 teams that you claim we can beat -

Celtic 2 matches 2 defeats
Rangers 2 matches 2 defeats
Aberdeen 3 matches 1 win, 1 defeat, 1 draw
Motherwell 2 matches 2 defeats
Hibs 3 matches 2 defeats 1 draw
Livingston 3 matches 2 defeats 1 draw.

Total -
15 Matches
11 Defeats
3 Draws
1 Win.
3 Draws

Whoa! Let's get a couple of things straight here. Firstly, I do not 'slag' anybody, that's not how I operate. I merely responded to Faraway's rather rude reply, in which he implied I am an idiot for wanting Kilmarnock to win the tie, which you will find below:

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, a better side are winning, just what we want.

FFS. :hammer

Aye, I stand by what I said previously. I think if we play like we did in the first half on Tuesday night, we can beat anybody. 

Motherwell 2 matches 2 defeats

We won the tie, didn't we? If we hadn't taken our foot of the peddle, we could have easily won the match comfortably within the 90 minutes. 

No apology necessary, but please get your facts straight before posting in future. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, W6er said:

Whoa! Let's get a couple of things straight here. Firstly, I do not 'slag' anybody, that's not how I operate. I merely responded to Faraway's rather rude reply, in which he implied I am an idiot for wanting Kilmarnock to win the tie, which you will find below:

Aye, I stand by what I said previously. I think if we play like we did in the first half on Tuesday night, we can beat anybody. 

We won the tie, didn't we? If we hadn't taken our foot of the peddle, we could have easily won the match comfortably within the 90 minutes. 

No apology necessary, but please get your facts straight before posting in future. Thanks.

Just let me get my facts right. 

We have played 26 league games & 7 Cup games total 33 games. 

We have won 7 matches 2 of which were Edinburgh City and Broxburn Athletic. 

Of those 33 games we played one good/great/brilliant 45 minutes and on those 45 minutes you think we can beat anybody in Scotland??? 

Let me ask you a question we won the first half by 3 goals the other night yourself and others think we were good/great/brilliant in doing so, Motherwell won the second half by 3 goals do you think based ONLY on their 2nd half performance they can beat anybody in Scotland??? 

My opinion is both defences were absolutely shocking and this contributed more to the 8 goals than any one team good/great/brilliant performance. 

This is the worst top flight in living memory but we still cannot drag ourselves up the table the suggestion we can beat anybody while sitting below Ross County is laughable. 

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Of those 33 games we played one good/great/brilliant 45 minutes and on those 45 minutes you think we can beat anybody in Scotland??? 

Let me ask you a question we won the first half by 3 goals the other night yourself and others think we were good/great/brilliant in doing so, Motherwell won the second half by 3 goals do you think based ONLY on their 2nd half performance they can beat anybody in Scotland??? 

My opinion is both defences were absolutely shocking and this contributed more to the 8 goals than any one team good/great/brilliant performance. 

This is the worst top flight in living memory but we still cannot drag ourselves up the table the suggestion we can beat anybody while sitting below Ross County is laughable. 

We have played more than 45 minutes of good football this season, but ultimately I think if we play at our best and have a bit of luck we can beat anybody. Ultimately it's eleven men versus eleven men. You have heard of the infinite monkey theorem, aye?

12 hours ago, W6er said:

I reckon they will:

They will sell their allocation. Most of their fans that attend away games here live in the central belt. Always annoys me when they get praise for travelling so far to away games when the majority live nowhere near Aberdeen but not far from Paisley

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Opinions vary as to the performances by both teams on Tuesday. For me, it was a cracker of a game with good goals, own goals and frankly freak goals. I'd take a match like that every week! 

Personally, I think this is a great season for the league. Until recently, there was virtually nothing between the top two teams. Two teams fighting closely for 3rd spot. A close battle for the top six and a close battle between the bottom 5 now 4. What's not to like? 

52 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

They will sell their allocation. Most of their fans that attend away games here live in the central belt. Always annoys me when they get praise for travelling so far to away games when the majority live nowhere near Aberdeen but not far from Paisley

How do you know this? Have you surveyed an entire Aberdeen away end to find out where they travelled from?

Absolutely shite top league. 

As normal , out of all teams, only two teams can win it. 

Both funded by sectarianism, Bigotry and hatred and supported by vile cnuts. 

Corrupt and a waste of time. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Absolutely shite top league. 

As normal , out of all teams, only two teams can win it. 

Both funded by sectarianism, Bigotry and hatred and supported by vile cnuts. 

Corrupt and a waste of time. 

I heard you 200 posts ago. This year has been the most competitive at all levels for some time. Back to the match. One to look forward to. 

Edited by St.Ricky

William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final
St Mirren v Aberdeen

Saturday 29th February, 7.20pm KO
Simple Digital Arena, Paisley

With the agreement of both clubs, ticket prices have now been set ahead of our William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie with St Mirren.

Phase 1 – 300+ Priority Points

• Monday 24th February – 8am Online, 9:30am – Phone & Counter

Phase 2 – 250+ Priority Points

• Monday 24th February – 1pm Online, Phone & Counter

Phase 3 – 200+ Priority Points

• Tuesday 25th February – 8am Online, 9:30am – Phone & Counter

Phase 4 – 150+ Priority Points

• Tuesday 25th February – 1pm Online, Phone & Counter

Get your ticket online 24 via afc.co.uk/eTickets, from the Pittodrie Ticket Office or by calling 01224 63 1903 between 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am-1.30pm on Saturday.

Ticket Prices

Adult – £20

Over 65/Disabled/Student – £15

Under 18 – £10

Under 12 – £5

Please note that all tickets have to be assigned to a unique DonsID that hasn’t already got a seat assigned to it. Each account must also qualify for the current points threshold.

Priority Points
4 Priority Points per account will be allocated for this match.

AFC Supporters Bus
Why not travel to the game on our official supporter’s bus? The bus departs from Pittodrie at 2:45pm. Please check-in at 2.30pm.

Please note we operate a strict no alcohol policy on our bus. Any fan found with alcohol will be refused travel.

Prices
2019/20 season ticket holder – £16
Non-season ticket holder – £18

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/02/20/scottish-cup-quarter-final-st-mirren-v-aberdeen/

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Ten Teams can't win the League. 

Not competitive. 

If no Scum Bigots, then 12 Teams would have a chance of winning title. 

Nothing about tomorrow night to look forward to. 

Life must seem like a string of miseries, one after the other. Now that is sad. Looking at your logic, if there is any, the league should be cut to two since only the Big Two Glasgow teams can win it. You seem to think that other top leagues are wide open, giving every team an opportunity to win their league. A glance at the league down south and abroad show that the same few teams dominate the top spots. This reflects their relative wealth in the main. It's the same here. Your idea of competitive in the Olympic 100 metres in recent years would have seen Bolt running on his own. Try going to games and see if you can restore some much needed positivity. No better match to start with than this one. 

Edited by St.Ricky