St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Life must seem like a string of miseries, one after the other. Now that is sad. Looking at your logic, if there is any, the league should be cut to two since only the Big Two Glasgow teams can win it. You seem to think that other top leagues are wide open, giving every team an opportunity to win their league. A glance at the league down south and abroad show that the same few teams dominate the top spots. This reflects their relative wealth in the main. It's the same here. Your idea of competitive in the Olympic 100 metres in recent years would have seen Bolt running on his own. Try going to games and see if you can restore some much needed positivity. No better match to start with than this one. 

The difference (between the SPFL and your other examples of domination by one team or player) that you continually turn your blind eyes towards - is that the Scottish example of dominance in the sport is built upon sectarian hatred and bigotry.  The other examples of 'relative wealth' are not built on bigotry.

Now THAT is a misery, THAT is no basis upon which to create any sense of positivity, sadly..

I hate saying it - but, in this, shull has been consistently correct.

19 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Important bit. Ticket Prices

Adult – £20

Over 65/Disabled/Student – £15

Under 18 – £10

Under 12 – £5

Not brilliant, but not too bad

For a cup quarter final,  its reasonable, even with it being on tv. 

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

How do you know this? Have you surveyed an entire Aberdeen away end to find out where they travelled from?

Funnily enough I thought I'd said the same/similar earlier today but can't see the post.    :unsure:

I also thought I'd mentioned my knowledge was based on info gleaned from a Dons pal...

I also genuinely believe THAT is the case...

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

The difference (between the SPFL and your other examples of domination by one team or player) that you continually turn your blind eyes towards - is that the Scottish example of dominance in the sport is built upon sectarian hatred and bigotry.  The other examples of 'relative wealth' are not built on bigotry.

Now THAT is a misery, THAT is no basis upon which to create any sense of positivity, sadly..

I hate saying it - but, in this, shull has been consistently correct.

I genuinely don't turn a blind eye to it Antrin. I dislike bigotry and sectarianism with a passion. It is, I'm glad to say, less prevalent in society within Scotland than it was. It still exists outside of foitball but you are right, it's at its most obvious with the big two. That's not just religion. Two or more political differences fuel the flames. In Spain you have Real Madrid and Barcelona. Two political ideologies fuel their support. Similar rivalries were involved in the Founding and success of clubs all over the world. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
42 minutes ago, Doakes said:
Important bit. Ticket Prices
Adult – £20
Over 65/Disabled/Student – £15
Under 18 – £10
Under 12 – £5
Not brilliant, but not too bad

I'm confused... does this mean the boycott for unrealistic pricing for a live free to view game on a Saturday night is on, or off?

Normal service resumes, W7 will be rocking for this one  :)

It's f**k all to do with political ideology in Scotland it's basic religious tribalism.

I genuinely don't turn a blind eye to it Antrin. I dislike bigotry and sectarianism with a passion. It is, I'm glad to say, less prevalent in society within Scotland than it was. It still exists outside of foitball but you are right, it's at its most obvious with the big two. That's not just religion. Two or more political differences fuel the flames. In Spain you have Real Madrid and Barcelona. Two political ideologies fuel their support. Similar rivalries were involved in the Founding and success of clubs all over the world. 

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's f**k all to do with political ideology in Scotland it's basic religious tribalism.

Nonsense 

Ireland got independence 100 years ago or so. Northern Ireland was formed to provide a Unionist / Protestant Province based on many generations of exporting protestant Scots to the area. 

That's political. The way it was projected was religious. The rest of Ireland couldn't give a hoot about the Religious thing. We brought the problems back here when our coal, iron and shipyards boomed and we needed labour. The Irish, North and South answered the call. They brought with them their traditions and beliefs. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

For a cup quarter final,  its reasonable, even with it being on tv. 

It is reasonable. By the time the vat and the cost of putting the game on is taken off the takings, both clubs will be lucky to make 30K each. 

Don't know if we get BBC money or if it is put into the kitty for clubs to share. 

The concession prices are £5 more than from the Motherwell game. 

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Of the dozen or so Celtic fans I know, two are Christian and one of them's a protestant. None of the Rangers supporters I know are religious, to my knowledge. So I think the religious divide is exaggerated.

I would say the OF animosity is political and cultural, but also just the result of a bitter footballing rivalry that emerges when two clubs, from the same city, dominate a league. The cultural aspect leads to segregated schooling, to some degree, but is not solely religious as many secular Celtic fans identify with their Irish heritage. Both sides also believe they're victims of discrimination and cheating. 

1 minute ago, Ice-tears said:

Talking shite, £20 sat night to sit out in cold or take ur £20 to pub and sit watching game, no brainier, pub every-time...club has lost out as 4 of us will now sit in pub and spend money in the warmth, reasonable pricing they could have had £60, but now feck all due to greed..

Oh well. 

27 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Talking shite, £20 sat night to sit out in cold or take ur £20 to pub and sit watching game, no brainier, pub every-time...club has lost out as 4 of us will now sit in pub and spend money in the warmth, reasonable pricing they could have had £60, but now feck all due to greed..

You will be missed. 

I know full well the background and history of Ireland but when it comes to the two cheeks it's utterly irrelevant. It's basic bigotry passed down from generation to generation a basic hatred based solely on religion.

Nonsense 
Ireland got independence 100 years ago or so. Northern Ireland was formed to provide a Unionist / Protestant Province based on many generations of exporting protestant Scots to the area. 
That's political. The way it was projected was religious. The rest of Ireland couldn't give a hoot about the Religious thing. We brought the problems back here when our coal, iron and shipyards boomed and we needed labour. The Irish, North and South answered the call. They brought with them their traditions and beliefs.