St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

Ffs another one who feels the need to put their full itinerary out there on a public forum. If your not going fine, your wee gang won't be missed but no one gives a shit about what your going to do instead.

Talking shite, £20 sat night to sit out in cold or take ur £20 to pub and sit watching game, no brainier, pub every-time...club has lost out as 4 of us will now sit in pub and spend money in the warmth, reasonable pricing they could have had £60, but now feck all due to greed..

Their personal religious beliefs don't come into it as it's a pack mentality, almost cult like. If anything it makes the shite they sing even worse. You or I sing that stuff in the street and we would (rightly) be arrested. I can't believe some people in Scotland can't accept that the pair of them are propped up by and thrive on bigotry driven by religion. It might be "90 minute bigotry" as it's often defended as but if anything that's worse, suggests they actually do know better but still persist.

Of the dozen or so Celtic fans I know, two are Christian and one of them's a protestant. None of the Rangers supporters I know are religious, to my knowledge. So I think the religious divide is exaggerated.
I would say the OF animosity is political and cultural, but also just the result of a bitter footballing rivalry that emerges when two clubs, from the same city, dominate a league. The cultural aspect leads to segregated schooling, to some degree, but is not solely religious as many secular Celtic fans identify with their Irish heritage. Both sides also believe they're victims of discrimination and cheating. 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I know full well the background and history of Ireland but when it comes to the two cheeks it's utterly irrelevant. It's basic bigotry passed down from generation to generation a basic hatred based solely on religion.

Religion is just a convenient label. Imo

I know full well the background and history of Ireland but when it comes to the two cheeks it's utterly irrelevant. It's basic bigotry passed down from generation to generation a basic hatred based solely on religion.

You are aware the Fricky’s alias is W6er ?

Now , hopefully we go into this game with another win under our belt.

This should be a great game & atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Oh the jealousy and seethe on here is amazing, how dare people not go to game and get ripped off and enjoy it in pub😂😂😂right up ya all with pint in my hand💪💪💪

As someone once said.. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.  Its your loss, not mine. Cheers Tears. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Their personal religious beliefs don't come into it as it's a pack mentality, almost cult like. If anything it makes the shite they sing even worse. You or I sing that stuff in the street and we would (rightly) be arrested. I can't believe some people in Scotland can't accept that the pair of them are propped up by and thrive on bigotry driven by religion. It might be "90 minute bigotry" as it's often defended as but if anything that's worse, suggests they actually do know better but still persist.

Ach, I don't find it particularly offensive but then I am not overly sensitive or PC. I think offensive speech is basically bad manners, and unless threatening or inciting violence I couldn't care less. It shows up the perpetrator to be an imbecile more often than not.

Can anyone tell me why concession ticket has went up 5 pounds from the home Motherwell tie and 3 pounds more than the league games. I don’t get it. By the way other sides are charging ridiculous prices for concessions and whilst 20 for me is fine I think 15 for an oap for a game on bbc might be a bit much

4 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Can anyone tell me why concession ticket has went up 5 pounds from the home Motherwell tie and 3 pounds more than the league games. I don’t get it. By the way other sides are charging ridiculous prices for concessions and whilst 20 for me is fine I think 15 for an oap for a game on bbc might be a bit much

I think it's because we have to agree the prices with the Aberdeen. 

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Maybe then - pity tho as after the break there had been a lot of games and this would have been a chance to try fill the park with good pricing. As it stands I suspect crowd of around 5,000

I feel comfortable saying that Aberdeen will sell out their Allocation. If we don't look like selling ours out then the question of allocating additional seats to them  will be on the agenda. 

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Problem could be down to Aberdeen. They have charged way over the odds in the past for games at Pittodrie with us, Both clubs have to come to some sort of agreement over ticket prices, and this maybe was the best St Mirren could do.

I think there is a large measure of truth in what you write. I have a season ticket but I think the cost for a concession ticket at home games is normally £10 for an OAP or Student. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I feel comfortable saying that Aberdeen will sell out their Allocation. If we don't look like selling ours out then the question of allocating additional seats to them  will be on the agenda. 

Aye, and I think we should too. Could we not give them a section of the Main Stand?

Just now, Yflab said:

Are ewe having a laugh? 

We should be promoting this game as much as possible and fill the home stands with Saints fans. 

Get Goody, Fitzy and the players round all the local schools and put together some incentives for families to come down for a Saturday night under the lights rather than watch some PISH on TV.

You realise the game's on the BBC? 😂 😉

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I was referring to the celebrity pop culture PISH which I guess you are most familiar with.

Ach, I was just pulling your leg. I am aware of it, but I don't really watch TV - mostly Neftflix and Amazon Prime nowadays. I should probably read more than I do.

Edit: I should think anybody we're hoping to attract would be watching the match on TV if they can't motivate themselves to get to the ground.

Edited by W6er

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

I don’t understand why you would want to give Aberdeen an advantage of more tickets when we should be promoting this game in our own community.

I hate the idea of empty seats, when there are people ready and willing to pay to sit in them. I understand where you're coming from, but profit comes before principle like this. Probably need to agree to disagree. 

If we can sell them cheaply to potential fans, I would be happy with that. However, we might need to agree it with Aberdeen.

Just now, Yflab said:

The prices are set. You can’t sell them cheaper. Saints could however offer incentives for future games. 

Fair enough.

I have a friend who supports Thistle, and he tells me that kids get in free. I don't agree with that, as I think people sometimes don't appreciate what they are given free of charge. However, I think we should be encouraging the next generation of supporters and I would charge kids under 12 £3 and under 18s £6. I would also sell a family ticket where an adult can take up to three kids for £30. 

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

The prices are set. You can’t sell them cheaper. Saints could however offer incentives for future games. 

Now we are cooking with gas. Ideas so far... Allocate part of the main stand, issue a voucher which can be redeemed e.g. As part payment for a ticket for the St Johnstone game.