St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

Clearly you find it impossible to post anything remotely on topic. How little you know.. Little man is not an epithet that people would ascribe to me. Baz can speak for himself. Now, about the game. I would start with the same line up as we did on Tuesday. 

Not so sure about starting the same on Saturday Ricky, if we do we need the mentality (and desire) that we had in the second half the other night. Had Motherwell been more clinical Tuesdays game could have been done and dusted by half time!!

9 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Not so sure about starting the same on Saturday Ricky, if we do we need the mentality (and desire) that we had in the second half the other night. Had Motherwell been more clinical Tuesdays game could have been done and dusted by half time!!

Lots of truth in what you write. We were dismal in the first half and but for Hladky / Poor finishing by Well then yes we could have been behind. Second half was as you know a different story and Hodson managed to get forward more. Waters was not left as exposed one on one. What changes would you make to the starting 11?

Lots of truth in what you write. We were dismal in the first half and but for Hladky / Poor finishing by Well then yes we could have been behind. Second half was as you know a different story and Hodson managed to get forward more. Waters was not left as exposed one on one. What changes would you make to the starting 11?

I was a wee bit worried first half about our left hand side (Waters) and wonder if this is something Aberdeen may try and exploit, if we over compensate with cover (for Waters) it may inhibit us a bit in attack (on the left hand side), as for changes I’m not too sure, but what I am sure of is that we need to start with that second half mindset and drive, because Aberdeen are physical and quite savvy!!

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yellow wind/rain weather warning issued from midday Saturday till Sunday..!
On top of a lot of rain, sleet, snow showers tomorrow.
The stupid o clock Saturday night televised game curse carries on?

1942896645_AberdeenWeather005.thumb.jpg.e45c106286ef64de422a4b0baa2983f6.jpg

I was just thinking how the forecast isn't too bad, according to the BBC!

33 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I was a wee bit worried first half about our left hand side (Waters) and wonder if this is something Aberdeen may try and exploit, if we over compensate with cover (for Waters) it may inhibit us a bit in attack (on the left hand side), as for changes I’m not too sure, but what I am sure of is that we need to start with that second half mindset and drive, because Aberdeen are physical and quite savvy!!

The little Motherwell winger had a free run at Waters in the first half but Waters was getting better cover which helped cut out long balls played to the winger in the second. Mindset is a big thing though. Imo

12 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I should say - According to Div on twatter

He has now retracted that comment emoji2.png

Aye, at 2 pm all the season ticket holders' seats which are unsold will be available, and this morning provided a wee glimpse of the numbers.

42 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The little Motherwell winger had a free run at Waters in the first half but Waters was getting better cover which helped cut out long balls played to the winger in the second. Mindset is a big thing though. Imo

In a nice way I think you are saying Waters is the weakest link defensively - if so you are correct. SO it is up to JG to make sure he has cover and support, but that is how a team is supposed to work anyway...

The Dons likewise have not been a very complete unit this season and can be exploited also. We attacked them earlier in the season and made them look rubbish - here's hoping we do so again AND book our place in the Semi's . . .

I think we will have other options this weekend . . . hope they are used effectively... :ninja

Improvements for Saturday:  between now and the game may I suggest the coaches devote some time in getting the players to practice taking corner kicks.  The Motherwell game was embarrassing (and its not the first time).  Also, here's hoping JC gives a chance for those on the subs bench who either haven't had an appearance or very little.

23 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Improvements for Saturday:  between now and the game may I suggest the coaches devote some time in getting the players to practice taking corner kicks.  The Motherwell game was embarrassing (and its not the first time).  Also, here's hoping JC gives a chance for those on the subs bench who either haven't had an appearance or very little.

I am assuming you want some intervention only at a time when Saints are about 6 up?

(Also JC is likely to be busy preparing for Easter.  JG would be more likely to take such decisions.)  :unsure:

:P

Edited by antrin

In a nice way I think you are saying Waters is the weakest link defensively - if so you are correct. SO it is up to JG to make sure he has cover and support, but that is how a team is supposed to work anyway...
The Dons likewise have not been a very complete unit this season and can be exploited also. We attacked them earlier in the season and made them look rubbish - here's hoping we do so again AND book our place in the Semi's . . .
I think we will have other options this weekend . . . hope they are used effectively... :ninja

Please stop pretending that you know anything about football and please stop your constant attacks directed at Waters

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Ref is a Don Robertson. 

He did our last game at home against the Dons as well as our away win at Hamilton, but don't know about any other games.

Hopefully I will still like him come 9-10pm on sat  :rolleyes:

An experienced ref for a change. 

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1245