St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
54 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:
I will as refuse to be ripped off.

Mind and record Ant n Dec's Saturday Night Take Away.

Thanks, I have just programmed my TV to record the match. Hopefully I'll be wanting to watch it again and again...

Dot Count:

Main Stand: M1 50, M2 77, M3 151, M4 38, M5 14, DIR, M6 84, M7 74, M8 129, M9 39 = 656

South Stand: S1 163, S2 234, S3 200, S4 275, S5 198 = 1,070

West Stand: W1 233, W2 195, W3 120, W4 128, W5 171, W6 195, W7 168 = 1,210

Total available tickets = 2,936

Capacity of the three home stands = 6,283

6,283 – 2,936 = 3,347 tickets sold in the home end. Plus the away support (presumably 1,654) = 5,001 tickets sold.

378229518_AberdeenDotCount2.jpg.42ee00b6d23abcb2e654d0706b2a30c9.jpg

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

May I be permitted to pass on a little bit of information......, 

no-one-ever-injured-their-eyesight-by-looking.jpg

There's definitely something to be said for having a Positive Mental Attitude, in fact the phenomenon that is the placebo effect demonstrates how important one's psyche is. Saying that I always prefer to be realistic.

I'm desperate to see us go to Hampden!  🙏

On 2/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, Ronnie said:

You totally missed my point let me explain. The poster I quoted says when St Mirren play our best we can beat any team in Scotland I just highlighted in 15 matches against the 6 best teams in Scotland we have only won 1.

I fancied us to beat Aberdeen 2nd game of season won money on it.

I expected Aberdeen to beat us away we produced arguably our best away performance of the season but preceded to miss more than 5 really good chances and unluckily got beat.

I expected us to beat Aberdeen a few weeks ago based on our previous 2 meetings and their form unfortunately the post stopped that from happening.

I expect us to beat Aberdeen next week as they are still pretty poor and again I will be betting us to win as I did previously.

I bet the bookies love you

On 2/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, W6er said:
On 2/20/2020 at 2:31 AM, Ronnie said:

We can beat anybody in Scotland playing our best???

Then slagging Faraway but showing him the league table.

Let me introduce you to the concept of the league table that we are currently in and we will focus on the best 6 teams that you claim we can beat -

Celtic 2 matches 2 defeats
Rangers 2 matches 2 defeats
Aberdeen 3 matches 1 win, 1 defeat, 1 draw
Motherwell 2 matches 2 defeats
Hibs 3 matches 2 defeats 1 draw
Livingston 3 matches 2 defeats 1 draw.

Total -
15 Matches
11 Defeats
3 Draws
1 Win.
3 Draws

Whoa! Let's get a couple of things straight here. Firstly, I do not 'slag' anybody, that's not how I operate. I merely responded to Faraway's rather rude reply, in which he implied I am an idiot for wanting Kilmarnock to win the tie, which you will find below:

On 2/19/2020 at 9:00 PM, faraway saint said:

Aye, a better side are winning, just what we want.

FFS. :hammer

Aye, I stand by what I said previously. I think if we play like we did in the first half on Tuesday night, we can beat anybody. 

Motherwell 2 matches 2 defeats

We won the tie, didn't we? If we hadn't taken our foot of the peddle, we could have easily won the match comfortably within the 90 minutes. 

No apology necessary, but please get your facts straight before posting in future. Thanks.

Och aye wee man very sorry ,,,,,,,,,,, wait a menit it wisnae me

On 2/20/2020 at 10:36 AM, Ronnie said:

Just let me get my facts right. 

We have played 26 league games & 7 Cup games total 33 games. 

We have won 7 matches 2 of which were Edinburgh City and Broxburn Athletic. 

Of those 33 games we played one good/great/brilliant 45 minutes and on those 45 minutes you think we can beat anybody in Scotland??? 

Let me ask you a question we won the first half by 3 goals the other night yourself and others think we were good/great/brilliant in doing so, Motherwell won the second half by 3 goals do you think based ONLY on their 2nd half performance they can beat anybody in Scotland??? 

My opinion is both defences were absolutely shocking and this contributed more to the 8 goals than any one team good/great/brilliant performance. 

This is the worst top flight in living memory but we still cannot drag ourselves up the table the suggestion we can beat anybody while sitting below Ross County is laughable. 

Only YOUR opinion, when you support St Mirren who can drag defeat from the jaws of victory .................... you are entitled to yer ain opinion nae matter ho fantastic it micht be. 😎  

On 2/20/2020 at 12:22 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:
On 2/20/2020 at 11:29 AM, Oldfellow said:

They will sell their allocation. Most of their fans that attend away games here live in the central belt. Always annoys me when they get praise for travelling so far to away games when the majority live nowhere near Aberdeen but not far from Paisley

How do you know this? Have you surveyed an entire Aberdeen away end to find out where they travelled from?

Aye he hus, wid ye like there addresses? 

On 2/20/2020 at 3:15 PM, St.Ricky said:
On 2/20/2020 at 2:58 PM, shull said:

Ten Teams can't win the League. 

Not competitive. 

If no Scum Bigots, then 12 Teams would have a chance of winning title. 

Nothing about tomorrow night to look forward to. 

Life must seem like a string of miseries, one after the other. Now that is sad. Looking at your logic, if there is any, the league should be cut to two since only the Big Two Glasgow teams can win it. You seem to think that other top leagues are wide open, giving every team an opportunity to win their league. A glance at the league down south and abroad show that the same few teams dominate the top spots. This reflects their relative wealth in the main. It's the same here. Your idea of competitive in the Olympic 100 metres in recent years would have seen Bolt running on his own. Try going to games and see if you can restore some much needed positivity. No better match to start with than this one. 

Much as I hate doing it, I feel in this I have to support Shull and he does have a valid point................ he has berated it to death over the years, but in essence he is correct, both the old firm with their self aggrandisement and bigotry should be an anathema to any sport on the planet and there would be a leveler playing field with them gone.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, Lord Pityme said:
On 2/20/2020 at 3:15 PM, Doakes said:
Important bit. Ticket Prices
Adult – £20
Over 65/Disabled/Student – £15
Under 18 – £10
Under 12 – £5
Not brilliant, but not too bad

I'm confused... does this mean the boycott for unrealistic pricing for a live free to view game on a Saturday night is on, or off?

ERRRRRRRRRR yes, No

On 2/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, W6er said:
On 2/20/2020 at 4:51 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's f**k all to do with political ideology in Scotland it's basic religious tribalism.

Of the dozen or so Celtic fans I know, two are Christian and one of them's a protestant. None of the Rangers supporters I know are religious, to my knowledge. So I think the religious divide is exaggerated.

I would say the OF animosity is political and cultural, but also just the result of a bitter footballing rivalry that emerges when two clubs, from the same city, dominate a league. The cultural aspect leads to segregated schooling, to some degree, but is not solely religious as many secular Celtic fans identify with their Irish heritage. Both sides also believe they're victims of discrimination and cheating. 

You don't happen to be a priest lad by any chance do you?

On 2/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, W6er said:
On 2/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Their personal religious beliefs don't come into it as it's a pack mentality, almost cult like. If anything it makes the shite they sing even worse. You or I sing that stuff in the street and we would (rightly) be arrested. I can't believe some people in Scotland can't accept that the pair of them are propped up by and thrive on bigotry driven by religion. It might be "90 minute bigotry" as it's often defended as but if anything that's worse, suggests they actually do know better but still persist.

Ach, I don't find it particularly offensive but then I am not overly sensitive or PC. I think offensive speech is basically bad manners, and unless threatening or inciting violence I couldn't care less. It shows up the perpetrator to be an imbecile more often than not.

Dangerous  imbeciles unfortunately.............sometimes.

13 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Much as I hate doing it, I feel in this I have to support Shull and he does have a valid point................ he has berated it to death over the years, but in essence he is correct, both the old firm with their self aggrandisement and bigotry should be an anathema to any sport on the planet and there would be a leveler playing field with them gone.

My take on it is that two other clubs would come to dominate. Possibly Hibs and Hearts. Hibs are already roumered to be planning to triple their playing staff budget in the next few years. 

Edited by St.Ricky

On 2/21/2020 at 8:01 AM, St.Ricky said:
On 2/21/2020 at 7:32 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Ffs another unnecessary history lesson. As I said before I am fully aware of the background and history but as I also said it's a smokescreen the imbeciles now hide behind. If you want to justify glorification of terrorism and religious bigotry be my guest. Nothing excuses it or makes it acceptable in this day and age.

Now we are getting somewhere. Imbeciles is a good description. 

I have never suggested acceptance much less try to justify bigotry and will never do so. But.. It needs to be understood in context before it can be dealt with. 

Terrorism is a very emotive word. Its worth noting that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist. He later became President of his country. Allies leaning partisans in occupied europe were regarded as Terrorists by the occupying army. What one community calls a terrorist, another calls a hero. Its ever thus. Northern Ireland is our mess, we made it, we need to work our way through it. The two political and cultural groups you talk about, thankfully only have "religion" to divide them here and for most of those who follow these two teams this, as perhaps for many in the forum, is a purely theoretical exercise as it's likely that very few are regular attenders at any form of religious celebration. 

The semantics of the old firm aside I am more concerned with the bigotry and violence that result from it, Talking a good talk Ricky while some poor supporter (of either club) is getting the boot put in doesn't really help stop it.

Just now, jaybee said:

The semantics of the old firm aside I am more concerned with the bigotry and violence that result from it, Talking a good talk Ricky while some poor supporter (of either club) is getting the boot put in doesn't really help stop it.

The remedy is further social change, if there is one. Bigotry and violence have no place in the game. Agreed

Not according to the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640677
Yellow warning of wind

Areas affected: East Midlands | East of England | London & South East England | North East England | North West England | Northern Ireland | SW Scotland, Lothian Borders | South West England | Strathclyde | Wales | West Midlands | Yorkshire & Humber

Starts: 12:00 GMT on Sat 29 February
Ends: 12:00 GMT on Sun 1 March

A spell of strong winds is expected to move northeast across a large swathe of the UK through Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. - Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely. - Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely. - It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves.

Issued at: 10:20 GMT on Thu 27 February